Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: need some help plz  (Read 835 times)

zhe republican

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
need some help plz
« on: July 16, 2007, 06:27:00 am »

ya well on DF (its most likely just newb problems :confused :) but i cant seem to make a room for my life. The guide tells me to make a room by using a bed, statue, etc. so i make one but then when i try to place it anywhere it always ends up being a red X. And then of course i cant find "room" or anything that ressembles it in the building list. But as i said its probably just a newb thing that somebody just needs to tell me :P
 wrote this in the hopes that some loser like you would take your time to read this worthless piece of junk that some people call a signature... BTW you are such a loser that you are now reading the end- The Only Republican on this whole website and if yo

Core Xii

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: need some help plz
« Reply #1 on: July 16, 2007, 07:39:00 am »

When you've put down a bed, select it with Q, hit R to make it a room, +/- to adjust its size and Enter to confirm.
(as far as I recall)
http://dwarf.lendemaindeveille.com/index.php/Rooms
Reality is for people who lack imagination

zhe republican

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 16, 2007, 08:13:00 am »

ya well mine is just being stupid it wont even let me select a bed with Q it I am only able to find it under the "view items in buildings" list where it is in my workshop still and i cannot select anything but my workshop   :mad:
so at this point im wondering if ive run into a glitch o_O I have also just tried putting it into a storage area and when i try to take the items out of storage it wont even let me take a look at the items
 wrote this in the hopes that some loser like you would take your time to read this worthless piece of junk that some people call a signature... BTW you are such a loser that you are now reading the end- The Only Republican on this whole website and if yo

zhe republican

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 16, 2007, 08:31:00 am »

thanks for the help even though it didnt work   :(  so im just going to try and reinstall the game and see if that lets me move a freaking bed!

herrbdog

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 16, 2007, 11:29:00 am »

Build the bed first, use 'b'. Then select it with 'q' once some dwarf has placed it.

hactar1

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 16, 2007, 11:50:00 am »

The red X is telling you that you can't place the bed there.  Beds (and many other objects) can only be placed inside, so you have to dig into the mountain and make some bedrooms.