Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: [0.31.01] Any ranged weapon leds to meele equipped  (Read 1023 times)

Spectre

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
[0.31.01] Any ranged weapon leds to meele equipped
« on: April 02, 2010, 07:45:25 am »

I made a squad for archers and told them to wear the default archer uniform which includes 'any ranged weapon'. However, my single dwarf in that squad went to pick up a battle axe instead of the crossbow i made for him. He even went so far as to switch his copper battle axe for a steel battle axe once one was available. Changing the option to 'crossbow' fixed the issue.

Melious

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: [0.31.01] Any ranged weapon leds to meele equipped
« Reply #1 on: April 02, 2010, 07:48:46 am »

In the (m)ilitary screen, under uniforms, look up at the top-right.
It is by default set to partially match the uniform. Hit M I think it is, to change that value to exact match.
 :)
-Upon the plains of hesitation bleach the bones of countless millions, whom when on the dawn of victory paused to rest, and there resting died-

Spectre

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 02, 2010, 08:27:10 am »

Well, I nevertheless think it's a bug :P

Melious

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 02, 2010, 08:51:23 am »

It could use some work, for sure.
That fixed it for me though.
-Upon the plains of hesitation bleach the bones of countless millions, whom when on the dawn of victory paused to rest, and there resting died-

Spectre

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 02, 2010, 08:54:46 am »

But telling them to only wear an exact match applys to armor as well, so they wont wear a copper helm even if you have 500 of them only because you told them to wear leather.

But you can instead switch the 'any ranged weapon' to 'crossbow'. That works fine as well.

Melious

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 02, 2010, 10:31:32 am »

Good point, and good to know.
Thanks for that.
 :)