Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: h.. How much thread?  (Read 1301 times)

alexandertnt

• Bay Watcher
  • (map 'list (lambda (post) (+ post awesome)) posts)
    • View Profile
h.. How much thread?
« on: April 02, 2010, 07:37:41 am »

I have been playing the new version for hours straight and havent yet encountered a single bug (except during world gen). But i am not sure if this is a bug.

I decided to grow pig tails and extract thread. I did so. I decided to weave into cloth and...

Needs how much now!!??

Is this supposed to happen, or do i have to farm pig tails for the better part of the millennia?
This is when I imagine the hilarity which may happen if certain things are glichy. Such as targeting your own body parts to eat.

You eat your own head
YOU HAVE BEEN STRUCK DOWN!

shadow_archmagi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: h.. How much thread?
« Reply #1 on: April 02, 2010, 07:41:58 am »

I have been playing the new version for hours straight and havent yet encountered a single bug (except during world gen). But i am not sure if this is a bug.

I decided to grow pig tails and extract thread. I did so. I decided to weave into cloth and...

Needs how much now!!??

Is this supposed to happen, or do i have to farm pig tails for the better part of the millennia?

Cloth is measured in units now. So rather than providing [1] Pig Tail Thread, a pig tail plant will provide... well I havn't tried weaving yet so I don't know but I assume it's somewhere in the thousands so that making clothes is possible.
invention is every dwarf's middle name
that means that somewhere out there theres a dwarf named Urist Invention Mcinvention.

betamax

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 02, 2010, 07:55:23 am »

I think a single Pig Tail Thread (or whatever) still exists as one item, but counts as several thousand. I've noticed this in hospitals.

Ozyton

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 02, 2010, 09:10:08 am »

My hospital zone that holds 75,000 thread has 5 units of thread... thus I conclude a single "thread" is actually 15,000 thread.

Also, it goes up in increments of 15,000 so...

Same thing with cloth... I suppose a single "cloth" is 10,000 cloth.

Nexii Malthus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 02, 2010, 10:15:53 am »

I nearly choked to death when my furnace operator requested 150 iron bars for the next steel bar.