Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Infestations  (Read 676 times)

haftan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Infestations
« on: July 15, 2007, 02:37:00 pm »

Last night while watching a thing on caving I saw a huge cave with bats.  Bats are not good in your house because they excrete noxious poo.   So how about bat infestations that take up in a cave that your cats or a really unlucky jeweller has to clean out with a tool?

Anticheese

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Infestations
« Reply #1 on: July 15, 2007, 03:22:00 pm »

To the batcave!

--

I think this would be rather annoying. At the moment we already need cats to keep the cave vermin population under control and peasants to haul the corpses out so why should we bother with batshit?

The idea makes sense but in a way its already in every fortress.

Is there any way you could turn this into a somewhat positive?

Why not join us on IRC? irc.newnet.net #bay12games

herrbdog

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 15, 2007, 03:30:00 pm »

Guano* can be used to make gunpowder (as the Saltpeter component)... were gunpowder to be implemented (and only in its most primitive form, imho)

Edit: *Guano being batshit...

[ July 15, 2007: Message edited by: herrbdog ]

haftan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 15, 2007, 03:51:00 pm »

maybe if the dwarf got swarmed with the bats he could be bitten and turn into a bat! with live bat armor! think of the damage a thrown bat would do!

Jaiya

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 16, 2007, 10:13:00 pm »

I believe Guano can also be made into dining/kitchen wares, healthy snacks, food and medicine. I for one welcome our new bat overlords.

Unless ... unless Ace Ventura lied to me.  :(

Koja

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 20, 2007, 03:48:00 am »

Ash can be used for these things as well. Just take the lye water... Lye water extracted from ash is not actually NaOH,it's mostly KOH. No need to go picking up bat crap when a little bit of ash does the same thing  :)
~~<BR>"Zombie fish have the added benefit of not needing to breath. Thus they can wade out of the water with little to fear but bigger zombie fish" -Willfor

Neopergoss

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 20, 2007, 11:35:00 am »

Bats also eat insects.  This could be useful.  I doubt that level of realism would be included though.

At any rate, if the city of Austin can coexist with millions of bats, then so can the dwarves.

A: brb
B: what does "brb" mean?
A: be right back
B: (aww...why do they always leave whenever I ask them that?)