Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Dwarf Fortress 2010 Help Thread  (Read 2737 times)

Ottofar

• Bay Watcher
  • Wait, spinning?
    • View Profile
Re: Dwarf Fortress 2010 Help Thread
« Reply #15 on: April 04, 2010, 03:59:06 am »

Drop anything you're equipping and pick them up again in the following order:
Weapon You Want To Equip--> Shield-->Anything else.

Tirin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: April 04, 2010, 09:03:02 am »

My adventurer got a fever somehow, and then every body part started to rot.   ???

I had an adventurer get a toe smashed. It wouldn't properly heal, and after a few months the wound was listed as infected. A bug prevents me from further pursuing it but it seems likely the infection left unchecked would lead to fever and then horrible painful rot-death.

BodyGripper

• Bay Watcher
  • The dog is screaming.
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: April 04, 2010, 12:05:16 pm »

Yep, pretty much.  In the case of my adventurer, he went blind from having his eyes rot away, started bleeding heavily, and eventually "succumbed to infection".  It sucked, big time.
"I'm sorry. I'm so sorry... It's okay to sell quivers..."
I just ripped open a lions throat by biting it. Who's the lion now, bitch!

Spreggo

• Bay Watcher
  • A vile force of darkness has arrived!
    • View Profile
    • skullsprout games
« Reply #18 on: April 04, 2010, 06:39:34 pm »

So, I'll take that to mean my adventurer's toe is going to rot off and lead to a painful death.

Acyd

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: April 04, 2010, 06:56:14 pm »

i just dodged into a murky pool. HOW DO I GET OUT?!

Mythos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: April 04, 2010, 06:58:03 pm »

i just dodged into a murky pool. HOW DO I GET OUT?!

Can you swim? If not, you die a Darwinism death for not taking any swimming points. If you can, go to the edge and then hold alt and press the movement key for whatever direction would move you out of it.
So, I tediously awaited the arrival of the dwarven caravan (I'm set up on a island, see)... And, they came. My fingers tingled, my nose twitched and my toes tickled... they came around the corner, over my bridge... Into my courtyard... Onto my trade depot...

Then everything near it exploded in a cloud of blood.

Acyd

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: April 04, 2010, 07:00:05 pm »

no i put all my points into swordsman
i guess that was a bad idea

Mythos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: April 04, 2010, 07:01:29 pm »

no i put all my points into swordsman
i guess that was a bad idea

Everything into swordsman? Wow, not putting any into swimming wasn't your only error. Make sure you put some into armor and shield use too, and some into fighter and dodger are nice too (but optional, fighter raises really fast and shield makes up for dodge).
So, I tediously awaited the arrival of the dwarven caravan (I'm set up on a island, see)... And, they came. My fingers tingled, my nose twitched and my toes tickled... they came around the corner, over my bridge... Into my courtyard... Onto my trade depot...

Then everything near it exploded in a cloud of blood.

DarthCloakedDwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • Urist McCloaked
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: April 04, 2010, 09:09:04 pm »

Sounds like you were exposed to some sort of poison. What kind of things were you fighting?
Yetis, wolves, sasquatches, giant desert scorpions, giant cats, goblins. But I was never hurt by anything, all the attacks were deflected by armor, shield, or dodge.
Yes. Clearly a bug that ought to be fixed in the future, but exploit it in the meantime.

Aescula: *snerk*  Just thought of a picture I saw a long tome ago...
Darth Guy: A long, long tome ago, in a library far, far away?

Candlejack

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: April 04, 2010, 10:34:21 pm »

No tangling with any procedurally generated creatures or traveling through any hazardous places?

PKPhyre

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: April 05, 2010, 04:58:31 pm »

Is the game just mocking me for choosing to not start with a weapon? My first quest with a new character is to KILL A CAT. I mean, the game called it a "cat brute", so does that me it's not a regular cat, or did the game just want me to stop a catsplosin?
EDIT: So as it would turn out, it wasn't a cat, but a demon. And for some reason, it was employed as a law-giver. Because when you think private security, you think twisted cat demons from the pits of hell! Oh yeah, I also had to kill the warlord of the town I got the quest from, because when I came to tell him that he was dead, he decided that he was best buddies with the cat monster and wanted me dead.
DOUBLEY EDIT: How do you give fallowers weapons?
« Last Edit: April 05, 2010, 06:25:21 pm by PKPhyre »
Pages: 1 [2]