Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: [0.31.01] ~10,000 Embark Points  (Read 1302 times)

Bentusi16

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
[0.31.01] ~10,000 Embark Points
« on: April 01, 2010, 09:17:51 pm »

Downloaded, tweaked the init using ONLY options given (e.g. Set to windowed mode, save on season change, pause on season change), so no changes to raw's. Created a world using parameters, only thing I changed was popcap to "NO LIMIT" and minimum partial edge oceans to 0.

I've currently got all my dwarves equipped and setup with 100 rum and wine barrels, 100 of various types of meat and seeds, and have ~6000 embark points left.

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
Re: [0.31.01] ~10,000 Embark Points
« Reply #1 on: April 01, 2010, 10:39:01 pm »

well, you're certainly well prepared! :D
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

Xehon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 02, 2010, 01:51:16 am »

Are you sure you didn't change the number of embark points in the world gen parameters? Its possible to change the number of points now, its just above the End Year on the first page of the world gen parameters. Incidentally the maximum is 10 000.

Safe-Keeper

• Bay Watcher
  • "Situation normal; all ****ed up"
    • View Profile
    • FS Mod tester
« Reply #3 on: April 02, 2010, 02:08:36 am »

Are you sure you didn't change the number of embark points in the world gen parameters? Its possible to change the number of points now, its just above the End Year on the first page of the world gen parameters. Incidentally the maximum is 10 000.
That's awesome! Starting settings such as those are a great way to vary the difficulty and gameplay of the game.

Someone try embarking on a goblin city with 10 000 embark points worth of supplies :D .

"Sieging humans brought some war polar bears, and one of them started a camp fire. Highly trained!" --Today One accidentally introduces the panserbjørn into Dwarf Fortress lore

Deathworks

• Bay Watcher
  • There be no fortress without its feline rulers!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 02, 2010, 02:49:54 am »

Hi!

O.o
Oh, that's what they meant with embark points?

I thought they meant the embark points from the 2D version where you could not embark everywhere and I got quite confused that I was still able to start anywhere.

Ah, now a lot of things make sense. Thanks!

Deathworks

Bentusi16

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 02, 2010, 09:57:12 am »

Oh, you know what, your right. I definetly did that. My bad.

I though embark points meant like, number of possible 1x1 squares on a world