Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: DF 2010 manager?  (Read 1529 times)

Karik

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
DF 2010 manager?
« on: April 01, 2010, 08:11:07 pm »

Is there (doubt it) any 2010 DF Manager/Therpist like program out, or if not anyone have an eta?  I took for granted the power of the managers...with the rapidity of migrant waves in this version one is needed lol

Jay

• Bay Watcher
  • ☼Not Dead Yet☼
    • View Profile
Re: DF 2010 manager?
« Reply #1 on: April 01, 2010, 08:13:54 pm »

DF 0.31.01 (as it should rightly be called, considering we're going to have lots more releases in 2010) came out just a few hours ago.
Patience is a virtue, as the memory offsets in question could take weeks to discover.
Mishimanriz: Histories of Pegasi and Dictionaries

Karik

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 01, 2010, 08:16:31 pm »

Well:

1) Everyone keeps calling it DF 2010 (even the wiki calls it that for the most part)
2) I don't know programming or what ever it takes to make these, but for all I know it could be as simple as moving things around for the manager programs

No harm in asking *shrug*

kutulu

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 01, 2010, 09:55:13 pm »

2) I don't know programming or what ever it takes to make these, but for all I know it could be as simple as moving things around for the manager programs

It won't be.  This version is a pretty serious overhaul, I suspect it will take some time before there are any working tools.  On the plus side, once the DFHack people get their library working a ton of utilities will come along with in, including dwarftherapist.

--K

Omniarch

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 02, 2010, 07:40:11 am »

I especially am looking forward to a program of this sort because dwarves migrate in with a mixture of skills at different levels now - it's even more tedious to go through them one by one and figure out what to do with them.

Zaranthan

• Bay Watcher
  • Plump Helmet Smelter
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 02, 2010, 08:24:16 am »

For minimum stress, don't worry about what skills they have unless it's something that they bring equipment for (mining, woodcutting, hunting, and military) or something they go about automatically (grower, fishing, hunting). Just assign them whatever labors you need done and let them gain skill like everyone else.
Quote from: Howard, Nerf This, by Scott D. Ferguson
Villains sleep with hookers, heroes sleep with destiny.

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
  • Inscrubtable Exhortations of the Soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 02, 2010, 11:02:35 am »

Knowledge of programming or not, waiting more than 24 hours after a release before expecting people to crank out mods is probably a good idea.
Cautivo del Milagro seamos, Penitente.
Quote from: Viktor Frankl
When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves.
Quote from: Sindain
Its kinda silly to complain that a friendly NPC isn't a well designed boss fight.
Quote from: Eric Blank
How will I cheese now assholes?
Quote from: MrRoboto75
Always spaghetti, never forghetti