Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: A great magma sea  (Read 2669 times)

Akhier the Dragon hearted

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm a Dragon, Roar
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube Channel
A great magma sea
« on: April 01, 2010, 07:53:31 pm »

I have discovered one

Wanna See?
« Last Edit: April 01, 2010, 08:06:09 pm by Akhier the Dragon hearted »
Join us. The crazy is at a perfect temperature today.
So it seems I accidentally put my canteen in my wheelbarrow and didn't notice... and then I got really thirsty... so right before going to sleep I go to take a swig from my canteen and... end up snorting a line of low-grade meth.

immibis

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: A great magma sea
« Reply #1 on: April 01, 2010, 08:07:29 pm »

So? It's not like you're the first, or even the tenth.
If I wanted ramps I would've designated ramps, dammit!

Vertigon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 01, 2010, 08:09:52 pm »

-blank slate-
« Last Edit: December 18, 2016, 11:02:28 pm by Vertigon »

TomPedersen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 01, 2010, 08:11:15 pm »

It may have been done before, but the more the better(as with all magma based products).
*Ilral Soloniklist spots a frog demon*
Ilral Soloniklist admires the frog demon for its' impressive belly!
Ilral Soloniklist has been struck down

userpay

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 01, 2010, 08:12:18 pm »

I'm hoping to get one if they are indeed here, I've a world genning that I saw what might be a magma sea so I'll have to wait and see. This ones taking awhile.

Akhier the Dragon hearted

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm a Dragon, Roar
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube Channel
« Reply #5 on: April 01, 2010, 08:13:55 pm »

Exactly, This is the only thread about magma seas in DF Dwarf Mode Discussion so I am the first with pics to prove it and or show off with. Also it can show people whats in the new version because while magma pipes are awesome Magma seas are even better(and bigger).

I'm hoping to get one if they are indeed here, I've a world genning that I saw what might be a magma sea so I'll have to wait and see. This ones taking awhile.
The sea I found was over 100 zlevels underground so you might just have found red sand.
Join us. The crazy is at a perfect temperature today.
So it seems I accidentally put my canteen in my wheelbarrow and didn't notice... and then I got really thirsty... so right before going to sleep I go to take a swig from my canteen and... end up snorting a line of low-grade meth.

userpay

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 01, 2010, 08:25:44 pm »

Exactly, This is the only thread about magma seas in DF Dwarf Mode Discussion so I am the first with pics to prove it and or show off with. Also it can show people whats in the new version because while magma pipes are awesome Magma seas are even better(and bigger).

The sea I found was over 100 zlevels underground so you might just have found red sand.
Probably, it appeared to be surrounded with green but ya most likely sand.

BBW

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 01, 2010, 08:32:53 pm »

All maps have magma lakes at sufficient depth.

shadowclasper

• Bay Watcher
  • Urist McSpacemarine, AxeDwarf
    • View Profile
    • My Portfolio
« Reply #8 on: April 01, 2010, 08:42:04 pm »

I challenge someone to find a map with the COMPLETE LOWEST LAYER filled with magma!
Project Manager for Towergirls: Subtitle Pending

userpay

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 01, 2010, 08:42:32 pm »

All maps have magma lakes at sufficient depth.
Ah thats it then? The chances of having just about everything you need are increased or something? Well I'm hoping that one can eventually scroll through all the embark sites, rather than just the first one, that match your search criteria with the finder thing.

BBW

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 01, 2010, 08:48:23 pm »

The bottom layer is filled with fun. Not liquid fun, though. So you'll have a hard time finding a completely magma covered bottom layer. One of the awesome new features is that every map can, and usually does, at least standard sized maps, contain everything you need. Fun, fun metals, water reservoirs, giant cave spiders, you name it. Those things are always present (90%+).

Rumrusher

• Bay Watcher
  • current project : searching...
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 01, 2010, 08:56:56 pm »

so does this mean there's a magma beach with wash up Magmaid bones for us to spend  years on trying to harvest their bones.
I thought I would I had never hear my daughter's escapades from some boy...
DAMN YOU RUMRUSHER!!!!!!!!
"body swapping and YOU!"
Adventure in baby making!Adv Homes

BBW

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 01, 2010, 09:00:14 pm »

I think they'll rather try harvesting your bones.

Alkyon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: April 01, 2010, 09:01:53 pm »

100 levels?  You poor guy.  I personally found two cave systems, one with only spiders one with lots of underground flora, magma, and DEATH FUN, all in a total of 45 z-levels.
Since when has practical had anything to do with dwarfy?

Osmosis Jones

• Bay Watcher
  • Now with 100% more rotation!
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: April 01, 2010, 09:06:57 pm »

I challenge someone to find a map with the COMPLETE LOWEST LAYER filled with magma!

Alright, I'll just go into the worldgen parameters, and set FORCE LOWER LEVEL TO MAGMA as YES then :P

Seriously, check the custom map parameters.  :D
The Marx generator will produce Engels-waves which should allow the inherently unstable isotope of Leninium to undergo a rapid Stalinisation in mere trockoseconds.
Pages: [1] 2