Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Dwarves not drinking  (Read 1114 times)

Sindain

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Dwarves not drinking
« on: April 01, 2010, 07:16:16 pm »

So in the new version 90 percent of my fortress (even though i have plenty of booze) decide not to drink/eat until they are dehydrated/starving and this has lead to chronic, widespread unhappiness... anyone experience anything similar? and anyone know if i can do anything bout it?
"just once I'd like to learn a lesson without something exploding."

Edward_Tohr

• Bay Watcher
  • Stuffs. Yarr!
    • View Profile
Re: Dwarves not drinking
« Reply #1 on: April 01, 2010, 07:27:43 pm »

Are they currently being told to do something else? (mine, build walls, Make Rock Mugs R, etc.) It seems that they've been swung too far away from "Drop everything you're doing because you're not quite as full as you could be". :P
Quietust, what would we ever do without you and your endless knowledge of v0.23a?
I was going to say "fail spectacularly", but you guys seem to be doing a great job of that already.

bmaczero

• Bay Watcher
  • Smokie, Tame Parakeet (On Head)
    • View Profile
    • I make games
« Reply #2 on: April 01, 2010, 08:55:45 pm »

Yep, if they have almost anything else to do they will refuse to eat or drink.  The only game-breaker I've found so far, thankfully!

EDIT: I feel like I'm their mother or something.  "Don't you dare go retrieve that -mountain goat bone bolt-, young dwarf!  You haven't finished your prepared wolf kidney [2]!"
« Last Edit: April 01, 2010, 10:32:09 pm by bmaczero »
The Forgotten Beast Art Archive.  Nightmares 100% guaranteed!

Sindain

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 02, 2010, 02:07:54 pm »

Yeah, thats what is happining (i despise idlers so my dwarves are always working) seems to be especially bad in my millitary >.>
"just once I'd like to learn a lesson without something exploding."

Urist McDepravity

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 02, 2010, 02:44:13 pm »

Same here, but i find this feature to be helpful. Royal dining room seems to be enough to fix mood issues, so i prefer them doing more work and waste less of stocks.

ZeroGravitas

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 02, 2010, 03:45:26 pm »

So in the new version 90 percent of my fortress (even though i have plenty of booze) decide not to drink/eat until they are dehydrated/starving and this has lead to chronic, widespread unhappiness... anyone experience anything similar? and anyone know if i can do anything bout it?

There is a massive pathing bug as well, so often they won't stop what they're doing because they can't find the food and drink anyway.

LoneJedi7

• Bay Watcher
  • The CaKE is A LIE
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 02, 2010, 05:12:20 pm »

im having the same issue, my miners almost wasted away of thirst because they knew that they had to mine for the good of the fortress.......this concerns me for when i get to 80+ dwarves and i start messing with megaprojects....
ℍ!Ξ[/[Θ]![ℍ∑▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀)

lanceleoghauni

• Bay Watcher
  • Purveyor of Ridiculous machinery.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 02, 2010, 05:15:22 pm »

Same here, Megaconstructions seem very harrowing now that dwarves will kill themselves to finish things.
"Mayor, the Nobles are complaining again!"

*Mayor facepalms*

"pull the lever of magmatic happiness"

Karik

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 02, 2010, 05:39:24 pm »

Same here, Megaconstructions seem very harrowing now that dwarves will kill themselves to finish things.

Pretend your a pharaoh and they are your minions.  And the minons come quite often so you have an endless supply, let them waste away!