Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: [DF2010] Doors break pathing.  (Read 7216 times)

o_O[WTFace]

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: [DF2010] Doors break pathing.
« Reply #15 on: April 05, 2010, 06:33:25 pm »

I experienced this bug too.  I built a wall and a door on ground level and everything continued working fine, but then I made a coal into coke and the 3 dwarves that came to haul it away stopped doing anything.  It might have had something to do with deconstructing a nearby wood furnace though. 
...likes Dwarf Fortresses for their terrifying features...

Vattic

• Bay Watcher
  • bibo ergo sum
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: April 05, 2010, 06:52:45 pm »

Mover#005 much praise be yours, simply locking and unlocking a door takes much less time than saving and reloading.
6 out of 7 dwarves aren't Happy.
How To Generate Small Islands

Night-Eagle

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: April 07, 2010, 12:20:38 am »

Re-confirmed that changing the "forbidden" status of a door invokes a pathing refresh.

I have a small hunch, but its worth testing. For all those experiencing this bug, have you ever dug a channel? If so, have you dug channels into plain ground and/or channeled into a pre-existing tunnel? The correlation may be spurious, but it seems that I get this bug around the same time that I start digging large numbers of channels. (Usually I dig both)

My game is actually at the point where if I toggle the forbidden status of a door, a dwarf will actually be able to reach a building to construct it, but as soon as he reaches the building, suspends construction due to being unable to find a path to it (pathing breaks at this moment). I'm getting 100% reproduction rates.

Stele007

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: April 07, 2010, 03:24:40 am »

I just started getting this issue after making some channels (only about 6 and there was a dug out tunnel underneath) and redoing some ramps around the outside of my fortress.  The miners would sit around with no job to do, haulers seemed to be unable to path up/down z levels, and they'd go to the surface entrance to my fort and stand around.  Miners would also only be able dig into already-exposed stone.  I tried placing a bed in a freshly mined area and it said, "No access to bed" even though moving it just 1 tile made it gain access.  I verified that forbidding and reclaiming a door fixes this.  Good thing it does... I'm getting it *all* the time now.

Cryten

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: April 11, 2010, 04:21:45 am »

All these issues seem to be tied to: 0000018   34   [Dwarf Fortress]
Pathfinding   major   new   2010-04-10   Pathfinding fails to update after map changes.
I just got this myself as I built some building in front of a slope and then my crafters couldnt get access to the materials inside the mountain. I tried removing the uphill ramps to create a nice face for them to walk around but this only got my miners stuck.
Thanks for the tip about resetting DF to recalc pathing.

loldorf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: April 12, 2010, 03:09:34 pm »

Plz fix this quick Toady ^^
Been waiting soooo long for this version

Footkerchief

• Bay Watcher
  • The Juffo-Wup is strong in this place.
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: April 12, 2010, 03:40:14 pm »

Plz fix this quick Toady ^^
Been waiting soooo long for this version

It should be fixed for the next version, whenever it's released (probably a day or two).

gomez

• Bay Watcher
  • [Hysterical and Useless]
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: April 12, 2010, 04:04:03 pm »

I'm not sure if this bug is caused by channeling, but what I have noticed is that only two of my fort's have suffered this problem, they were also the only two forts that had a surface river or brook.

Incidentally I recently built a bridge over the river in my latest fort, and I can't remember having any pathing issues since.
"They accused us of suppressing freedom of expression. This was a lie and we could not let them publish it."
- Nelba Blandon (as Director of Censorship, Nicaragua)

Rafal99

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: April 12, 2010, 04:31:13 pm »

I see most of the Mantis bug reports regarding pathfinding to be marked as resolved now.
Was it tested that they don't happen after Toady's fix in #70?
The spinning Tantrum Spiral strikes The Fortress in the meeting hall!
It explodes in gore!
The Fortress has been struck down.

Footkerchief

• Bay Watcher
  • The Juffo-Wup is strong in this place.
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: April 12, 2010, 04:33:32 pm »

I see most of the Mantis bug reports regarding pathfinding to be marked as resolved now.
Was it tested that they don't happen after Toady's fix in #70?

I left this note on all of the untested-but-resolved ones:

This and other issues are being marked resolved because they fit the symptoms of the general pathing bug described by issues #18 and #70.  If this issue represents an additional bug, it will most likely present different symptoms in 31.03, and a new report should be submitted.

Rafal99

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: April 12, 2010, 04:36:39 pm »

Ok, haven't noticed this.
Hopefully no more bug reports about it will be needed.
The spinning Tantrum Spiral strikes The Fortress in the meeting hall!
It explodes in gore!
The Fortress has been struck down.
Pages: 1 [2]