Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Dragons can't fly?  (Read 920 times)

tehstefan

• Bay Watcher
  • R.I.P Bro. You were too good for this place
    • View Profile
Dragons can't fly?
« on: April 01, 2010, 03:51:45 pm »

Perhaps I missed this, but I always thought dragons could fly. Apparently they can't, after I spawned one in the arena and it plummeted to its death. who knew.
I suspect you've never tried doing many illegal things yet in your game. The second the CCS knows you're "active", they'll come down on you like the hammer of God.

SimRobert2001

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Dragons can't fly?
« Reply #1 on: April 01, 2010, 05:22:06 pm »

currently, the pathfinding for fliers is bugged, so all [Flier] tags were taken off.

Rumrusher

• Bay Watcher
  • current project : searching...
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 01, 2010, 07:55:35 pm »

wait did he remove them all or just left the dragon with out one?
I thought I would I had never hear my daughter's escapades from some boy...
DAMN YOU RUMRUSHER!!!!!!!!
"body swapping and YOU!"
Adventure in baby making!Adv Homes

MoonLightBird

• Bay Watcher
  • Hothothothot!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 01, 2010, 08:05:37 pm »

In a way that makes it more realistic. In mythology, dragons did not have wings and they could not fly, but they spit fire. Wryvens on the other-hand had wings and flew, and most of them were poisonous, but no fire.

Deimos56

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING: unicorpion]
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 01, 2010, 08:54:21 pm »

currently, the pathfinding for fliers is bugged, so all [Flier] tags were taken off.
Were they? The giant bats seem to have a differing opinion. :-\ They can fly. Box them in in arena mode and put victims near them and watch.
I'm curious what the barely conscious ai wrote about.
Well that went better than expected.  He went nuts and punched a rabbit to death, then the dogs and the whole dining hall ripped him to shreds.

SimRobert2001

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 02, 2010, 02:31:32 am »

Okay, i forgot about giant eagles. 

But fliers pathing for say, across a map wont' work, but it will work for something close by. Actually, now that i think about it, i seem to recall toady saying something along the lines of "aerial pathing requires a path across land" meaning that if they can't find a path across land, they can't find a path to a dwarf.

They make their way across a chasm simply by luck.  It choose a to fly in the same direction 4 different times, (or so) and it wound up on the other side of the chasm.