Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9

Author Topic: DF 2010 Graphic Sets  (Read 41178 times)

xoen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: DF 2010 Graphic Sets
« Reply #90 on: April 03, 2010, 10:24:39 am »

You know what...I never seen such amount of weirdness before.
(random crashes, sudden black letter bug, save/tile copying madness, worldgen crashes with modded df..etc etc).

I'll just skip that 0.31.01, hoping for normal, working d# soon.
Too much trouble so far, imho.
Actually, only arena/ascii fans have fun.

btw, pm me, if someone want to test heavy version of dfg(16-19)+civforge+ddwarfier+dozen of other mods melted carefully into one thing, fully graphical, stable brick...hundreds of creatures, dozens of trading civs..

time to get some sleep now..gl modders.
« Last Edit: April 03, 2010, 10:34:04 am by xoen »

Cr9

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: April 03, 2010, 10:27:17 am »

You know, I was going to spend a lot of time outlining every character in magenta so there would be an outline around the characters, and replacing all the "background" tiles with the same magenta, and got pretty far, but there were lots of little intrusions because it's hard to tell PS to break an image into a 16x16 grid and treat each tile as its own image.

I'm almost done. My brain is melting.

Treebiter

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: April 03, 2010, 10:30:53 am »

You know, I was going to spend a lot of time outlining every character in magenta so there would be an outline around the characters, and replacing all the "background" tiles with the same magenta, and got pretty far, but there were lots of little intrusions because it's hard to tell PS to break an image into a 16x16 grid and treat each tile as its own image.

I'm almost done. My brain is melting.

Ha, embrace the monotony! Your work will be appreciated if it helps  ;)

Undefined

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: April 03, 2010, 10:41:01 am »

Looking forward to seeing that done. The brown background is awesome compared to black but the black inverse issues are an annoyance, I've not really felt comfortable starting a fortress with any set yet.

Cr9

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: April 03, 2010, 10:41:16 am »

Well, this is how it looks:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

I'm positive there are still a few tiles with little bits of transparency that overlapped from their neighbors, but the letters are crisp and clean, the dig designations work, and you can USE THE F%$@ING JOB MENU.

Xoen's right, though. Until PNG support is back I am so done with this tileset business. I can't believe the BMP implementation was even done like this, it's crazy.

Oh, right, the link.
http://www.mediafire.com/file/mnwg3zkttgx/maydayxob.bmp
Goes in data/art like usual, remember to change your init.txt file to reference it.
« Last Edit: April 03, 2010, 10:43:07 am by Cr9 »

Samoorai

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:shocking anatomy]
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: April 03, 2010, 11:28:17 am »

Has anyone done/is anyone going to do an update to Chariot's graphics?
Behold my mighty fortress! Go on, I dare you! (40d)
But Roadhouse is a true masterpiece. Seriously.

Seriously, there could not have been a more appropriate end to the saga of Boatmurdered than a gigantic flaming apocalypse for no apparent reason. -- StarkRavingMad

Undefined

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: April 03, 2010, 11:29:33 am »

That's great, thanks.
I went ahead, put it together and changed init.txt for convenience and people who prefer to just download and go and uploaded it here: http://protectorworld.com/dorfs/DF2010_inversegfx.rar

It looks a little rougher but far more usable now, thanks a lot for all the effort you've put in I'm going to feel much more comfortable playing with this for now until the .png issues are dealt with.

Stele007

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: April 03, 2010, 12:19:19 pm »

I'd like to release a graphics set, but I'm not sure what the name is for some of the new professions.  I'm guessing Doctor for multiple healthcare skills, Diagnostician, Surgeon, Suturist??,  Dressingwoundsdwarf??.

Haven't gotten around to looking at the new military overhaul yet either.

Anyone have a list of all the profession tokens or at least the new ones?

Edit: Okay, I guess Wound Dresser has no profession assign to it (Nurse seems like a good one... oh well).  I found out the others were DIAGNOSER, SUTURER, BONE_SETTER, and DOCTOR.  Still, it'd be cool if someone had a list of the new professions, again especially the military ones.
« Last Edit: April 03, 2010, 01:26:09 pm by Stele007 »

Arucard

• Bay Watcher
  • Menaces with spikes of apathy
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: April 03, 2010, 12:54:30 pm »

Well, this is how it looks:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
I was holding out until I saw that picture. I've been using the previous Ranting Rodent's set with no real problem though (after realizing the thing about the save folder). I also got the arena to work with graphics the first time I opened it, never again though. :( Anyway, thanks for your frustration hard work on these guys! :D

Sormus

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #99 on: April 03, 2010, 01:25:04 pm »

If the mayday set has doctors now, why is my doctor a horrifying little skeleton? I even saw the doctor in the art folder, but it's still spawning a terrible little monster.

Unless you see this image as dorfsMAYDAY.bmp in your raw/graphics folder -- note the four greenish little guys near the top! -- you may need the newer version.

You can also just copy this image, save it as a 24-bit BMP, and add the following lines to your graphics_mayday.txt:

[DIAGNOSER:DORFS:7:2:AS_IS:DEFAULT]
   [BONE_SETTER:DORFS:10:2:AS_IS:DEFAULT]
   [SUTURER:DORFS:8:2:AS_IS:DEFAULT]
   [SURGEON:DORFS:9:2:AS_IS:DEFAULT]

Remember, this won't go into effect in already-generated worlds unless you also edit the saved game's raws at data/save/regionX/raw/graphics!

You forgot
[DOCTOR:DORFS:7:2:AS_IS:DEFAULT]
or 9:2 if you want him to wear scrubs.

Venatius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #100 on: April 03, 2010, 08:22:46 pm »

Any idea if there's an update in the works for the Beefmo set? Those were always my dorfs of choice.

Onxe

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #101 on: April 03, 2010, 08:55:51 pm »

The Maydays graphics don't work with this new downgrade of this game, goes into windowed mode of crap.
I advise everyone to go back to the previous version, at least it was playable.
Do the right thing, you know the right thing. Do the right thing so you never regret what you've done.

Chariot

• Bay Watcher
  • Turtle Trainer
    • View Profile
« Reply #102 on: April 03, 2010, 09:24:23 pm »

My full graphics set has now been updated to 31.01.

buckets

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #103 on: April 03, 2010, 09:40:15 pm »

The Maydays graphics don't work with this new downgrade of this game, goes into windowed mode of crap.

Relax dude, there's a whole lot of work arounds and fixes posted in the thread. If they don't work just ask us for help :)

xoen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #104 on: April 03, 2010, 09:51:43 pm »

Dude, just edit your resolution in init. You are on less than 1680 px res, aren't you..
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9