Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 9

Author Topic: DF 2010 Graphic Sets  (Read 41195 times)

Cr9

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: DF 2010 Graphic Sets
« Reply #75 on: April 03, 2010, 06:25:14 am »

If the mayday set has doctors now, why is my doctor a horrifying little skeleton? I even saw the doctor in the art folder, but it's still spawning a terrible little monster.

Unless you see this image as dorfsMAYDAY.bmp in your raw/graphics folder -- note the four greenish little guys near the top! -- you may need the newer version.

You can also just copy this image, save it as a 24-bit BMP, and add the following lines to your graphics_mayday.txt:

[DIAGNOSER:DORFS:7:2:AS_IS:DEFAULT]
   [BONE_SETTER:DORFS:10:2:AS_IS:DEFAULT]
   [SUTURER:DORFS:8:2:AS_IS:DEFAULT]
   [SURGEON:DORFS:9:2:AS_IS:DEFAULT]

Remember, this won't go into effect in already-generated worlds unless you also edit the saved game's raws at data/save/regionX/raw/graphics!

xoen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: April 03, 2010, 06:44:29 am »

If the mayday set has doctors now, why is my doctor a horrifying little skeleton? I even saw the doctor in the art folder, but it's still spawning a terrible little monster.
I am not getting doc gfx either(fresh game). Weird.
Everything is set as Cr9 said, still no luck. Weird.
(That new dfg pack has everything set like that already)
Doc is purple skeleton.
« Last Edit: April 03, 2010, 06:57:51 am by xoen »

Treebiter

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: April 03, 2010, 06:47:06 am »

The Mayday port now has doctor icons, so if anyone wants to use those as examples, feel free. As usual it's at http://df.magmawiki.com/index.php/DF2010:Tileset

Thanks to Mårten W for the icons!

Firstly, brilliant. Thanks for all the hard work in porting this!

However, do you know how we can use tile backgrounds\highlighted tiles like those featured in Mayday's most recent 40d release?

HexagonalBolts

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: April 03, 2010, 07:17:41 am »

The Mayday port now has doctor icons, so if anyone wants to use those as examples, feel free. As usual it's at http://df.magmawiki.com/index.php/DF2010:Tileset

However, do you know how we can use tile backgrounds\highlighted tiles like those featured in Mayday's most recent 40d release?

I'd like to know too, his old tiles leave blank spaces and the new ones that other people have contributed leave something to be desired

Cr9

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: April 03, 2010, 07:21:28 am »

... You're a genius.

You know, I thought that getting rid of that magenta background would ruin in-game transparency. It did! BUT IT LOOKS AWESOME.

If you like this look, you're in luck:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

I'm just making sure a bug I got where my dwarves became rainbows from hell doesn't come back and I'll upload it.

EDIT: Also, for those interested, can you copy and paste your graphics_example.txt (if it's there) if your icons are missing? I have a hunch.

xoen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: April 03, 2010, 07:36:00 am »

daaaamn, this is nice!
Nice workaround, indeed :D
« Last Edit: April 03, 2010, 09:24:53 am by xoen »

Cr9

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: April 03, 2010, 07:54:45 am »

daaaamn, this is nice!
--
graphics_example.txt is exactly same as graphics_mayday.txt in my case(set dl'ed from: http://df.magmawiki.com/index.php/DF2010:Tileset, i assume it's newest one, it has doc gfx there).
I did bugcheck that release (sort of after I released it, but I did), and for me the doctor graphics are fine and dandy. I have absolutely no idea why the dwarf creature tiles would be missing for some people.

Oh, and here!
DFG2010, the first release worthy of that extra letter

There is an included readme basically stating that this has bugs. They are, as usual, unavoidable. Until PNG support is added back in this is the high water mark.

I AM POSITIVE DOCTORS WORK IN THIS OH AM I POSITIVE

Treebiter

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: April 03, 2010, 08:18:10 am »

Amazing! Great work, much appreciated.

Can't say I object to being called a genius but I hardly think my request warrants it  ;D

Undefined

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: April 03, 2010, 08:30:18 am »

Awesome, I MUCH prefer the tiles having backgrounds like that it's just what I was looking for, staring at the black background really gives me eye strain. Great work, you have my thanks!

Phoebus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: April 03, 2010, 08:41:34 am »

About flat opaque backgrounds.
Sure, they make really nice screenshot, but they will also make you miserable.
The game uses the background color of almost every tile.

For example, when you construct something, or when you designate for cutting/gathering, the game will display an inverted tile of the image. If the tile has no magenta background it will be displayed as a pitch black square.
Title show inverted color letters.
The embark location selection also shows inverted colors for everything not select.
Etc.

Only use flat backgrounds wisely... or at least, until PNG support is back . ;)

Antalia

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: April 03, 2010, 09:11:38 am »

I'm not sure if this is the place to post it, but none of the various MayDay downloads posted in this thread seem to work properly for me.  They all display blanks where "D", "E", "H", or "1" should be.  I'm not sure what I could have done wrong, since all I did was download the files, run the included Dwarf Fortress executable, and witness the missing tiles.
Author of Saga of Nutscaves, a tale of unsafe working conditions, plague, and worse

Creator of Dwarf Organizer, a Java application to help assign labor in your fortress

xoen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: April 03, 2010, 09:17:19 am »

..all right, whole set remade..(tileset + creature bkgs, I used 104 66 0(#684200) as a bkg here):
effect:
worldgen:
ingame:

for using with:
http://df.magmawiki.com/index.php/DF2010:Tileset

file:
http://www.easy-share.com/1909734647/maydayxov2.7z
Thing is not perfect, as some dorfs have similar coloured parts as bkg, but..it's just my test..nothing more. I am fed up with black colour everywhere already..
---
btw, Phoebus, i noticed, that your tileset has less blanks, than mayday's, nice, nice work, although not exactly my style.

Btw, sometimes GFX mode is breaking up(regardless of set used) - quit and load game again, it's only method.

Ahhh, one more thing - as you can see i am still getting that purple dude - it is leader/doc, WEIRD(but it is not related to gfxset itself).
« Last Edit: April 03, 2010, 09:55:20 am by xoen »

Cr9

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: April 03, 2010, 09:19:05 am »

I'm not sure if this is the place to post it, but none of the various MayDay downloads posted in this thread seem to work properly for me.  They all display blanks where "D", "E", "H", or "1" should be.  I'm not sure what I could have done wrong, since all I did was download the files, run the included Dwarf Fortress executable, and witness the missing tiles.
Quit the game and re-enter after generating a world or playing Arena (or DF or Adventure). You can only do one thing before the tiles shit out entirely, but that's okay because you can just exit and re-enter DF each time that happens.

Bit of a pain, but it's a binary issue, nothing can be done about it by anyone other than Toady.
..all right, whole set remade..(tileset + creature bkgs):
effect:
for using with:
http://df.magmawiki.com/index.php/DF2010:Tileset

file:
http://www.easy-share.com/1909734647/maydayxov2.7z
Thing is not perfect, as some dorfs have similar coloured parts as bkg, but..it's just my test..nothing more. I am fed up with black colour everywhere already..
---
btw, Phoebus, i noticed, that your tileset has less blanks, than mayday's, nice, nice work, although not exactly my style.
I am downloading the hell out of that.
« Last Edit: April 03, 2010, 09:21:04 am by Cr9 »

Treebiter

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: April 03, 2010, 09:44:36 am »

Ah , as Phoebus says, it's not perfect. Anyone know what the plan/eta for .png support implementation is?

As for the purple dude, I believe it's the default character used when no specific creature character can be found. I used to play a lot of Human fortress and as there was no human dungeon keeper or philosopher characters they would default to the purple dude.

Phoebus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: April 03, 2010, 09:52:06 am »

Ahhh, one more thing - as you can see i am still getting that purple dude - it is leader/doc, WEIRD(but it is not related to gfxset itself).
What's that dorf's profession?

Did you update your savegame with the graphic pack?
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 9