Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13

Author Topic: [DISCUSSION] 0.31.01 modding experience thread  (Read 16231 times)

Wyrm

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: [DISCUSSION] 0.31.01 modding experience thread
« Reply #165 on: April 07, 2010, 09:43:31 pm »

reaction stuff

It looks like you need to add reactions (and custom workshops) to entity files now. Check the dwarf entity for examples.

Done. As I said. I can build the workshop, and the reaction appears in, and works from, the job manager, but doesn't work from the shop screen itself.
ALCHEMY isn't a labor token, it seems. I don't know what the hell it is, but every time I put it in a place expecting a labor token, I get "Unrecognized Labor Token: ALCHEMY" in the error file.

Intelligent Shade of Blue

• Bay Watcher
  • Sanity Loss: 0/1d4 points
    • View Profile
« Reply #166 on: April 08, 2010, 01:21:57 am »

Anyone know the syntax to use creatures as reagents? I want to make a butchery-like process utilizing a meat grinder workshop, but there is little information about living reagents... Particularly, I've been looking for the ITEM_TYPE token for creatures. Is it just CREATURE? If so, how would I prevent my butchers from throwing things into the meat grinder that shouldn't be ground up (like other dwarves, if that's possible)?
« Last Edit: April 08, 2010, 01:24:34 am by Intelligent Shade of Blue »
[COLOR:PRUSSIAN_BLUE]
[NAME:ISoB]
[RGB:0:49:83]

Acanthus117

• Bay Watcher
  • Angry Writer
    • View Profile
« Reply #167 on: April 08, 2010, 01:24:52 am »

Anyone know the syntax to use creatures as reagents? I want to make a butchery-like process utilizing a meat grinder workshop, but there is little information about living reagents... Particularly, I've been looking for the ITEM_TYPE token for creatures.

You can only use vermin in reactions, IIRC.
Is apparently a Lizardman. ಠ_ಠ
YOU DOUBLE PENIS
"The pessimist is either always right or pleasantly surprised; he cherishes that which is good because he knows it cannot last."

Intelligent Shade of Blue

• Bay Watcher
  • Sanity Loss: 0/1d4 points
    • View Profile
« Reply #168 on: April 08, 2010, 01:30:26 am »

Anyone know the syntax to use creatures as reagents? I want to make a butchery-like process utilizing a meat grinder workshop, but there is little information about living reagents... Particularly, I've been looking for the ITEM_TYPE token for creatures.

You can only use vermin in reactions, IIRC.

That sucks if you're right. I was really hoping to see dwarves throwing creatures into a meat grinder and having ground meat, bone meal, and blood fly out.
[COLOR:PRUSSIAN_BLUE]
[NAME:ISoB]
[RGB:0:49:83]

Acanthus117

• Bay Watcher
  • Angry Writer
    • View Profile
« Reply #169 on: April 08, 2010, 04:11:46 am »

Hey, anyone have breath attack tutorials? I'm clueless.
Is apparently a Lizardman. ಠ_ಠ
YOU DOUBLE PENIS
"The pessimist is either always right or pleasantly surprised; he cherishes that which is good because he knows it cannot last."

Greiger

• Bay Watcher
  • Reptilian Illuminati member. Keep it secret.
    • View Profile
« Reply #170 on: April 08, 2010, 08:54:59 am »

There's some information on breath attacks on the poison page of the wiki.

Bottom of this page http://df.magmawiki.com/index.php/Syndrome
Disclaimer: Not responsible for dwarven deaths from the use or misuse of this post.
I don't need friends!! I've got knives!!!

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
  • Forger of Civilizations
    • View Profile
« Reply #171 on: April 11, 2010, 12:36:04 pm »

Has anyone managed to make a civ-specific domestic animal yet? My old trick of making creatures subterranean to restrict them to dwarves doesn't seem to work anymore.

Update!

Apparently it does work. I found a bug in my cave crab entry that let me use them in arena mode but prevented them from spawning in the world. I imagine the other restrictions (like use good animals or use evil animals) will also work, but haven't tested them yet.
Civilization Forge Mod v2.80: Adding in new races, equipment, animals, plants, metals, etc. Now with Alchemy and Libraries! Variety to spice up DF! (For DF 0.34.10)
Come play Mafia with us!
"Let us maintain our chill composure." - Toady One

Teldin

• Bay Watcher
  • Canadian Bacon
    • View Profile
« Reply #172 on: April 11, 2010, 12:41:14 pm »

Has anyone managed to make a civ-specific domestic animal yet? My old trick of making creatures subterranean to restrict them to dwarves doesn't seem to work anymore.

Update!

Apparently it does work. I found a bug in my cave crab entry that let me use them in arena mode but prevented them from spawning in the world. I imagine the other restrictions (like use good animals or use evil animals) will also work, but haven't tested them yet.

These all work fine, yes. However I found something interesting: unless I happen to be blind I couldn't find a pet tag on trolls, which are purchasable by default by any evil race (goblins get them, for example). If you add the USE_EVIL_ANIMALS tag to dwarves you can buy trolls and troll children for 1 bux each. YET trolls do not have common_domestic or even any pet tags whatsoever.

Untelligent

• Bay Watcher
  • I eat flesh!
    • View Profile
« Reply #173 on: April 11, 2010, 12:52:44 pm »

ALCHEMY isn't a labor token, it seems. I don't know what the hell it is, but every time I put it in a place expecting a labor token, I get "Unrecognized Labor Token: ALCHEMY" in the error file.

Try ALCHEMIST. Thank you, string dump.
The World Without Knifebear — A much safer world indeed.
regardless, the slime shooter will be completed, come hell or high water, which are both entirely plausible setbacks at this point.

InsanityPrelude

• Bay Watcher
  • O SHI--
    • View Profile
« Reply #174 on: April 13, 2010, 07:54:27 pm »

The frequency of *every* stone, ore and gem (not counting layer stones and adamantine,) except for the colored diamonds and star sapphires/rubies, in the raws is 100. I'm guessing that's behind the crazy abundance of everything since the update.
Forget down stairs, make an up stair
And then what?  Mine the sky? . . .  Actually, that'd be awesome.

Untelligent

• Bay Watcher
  • I eat flesh!
    • View Profile
« Reply #175 on: April 13, 2010, 10:15:31 pm »

The frequency of *every* stone, ore and gem (not counting layer stones and adamantine,) except for the colored diamonds and star sapphires/rubies, in the raws is 100. I'm guessing that's behind the crazy abundance of everything since the update.

They were mostly 100 in the last version too. The apparent reason for there being too much of every ore now is because the mechanics behind ore presence was changed.
The World Without Knifebear — A much safer world indeed.
regardless, the slime shooter will be completed, come hell or high water, which are both entirely plausible setbacks at this point.

Wyrm

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #176 on: April 14, 2010, 08:09:59 am »

Try ALCHEMIST. Thank you, string dump.

Confirmed. ALCHEMIST is indeed the labor token associated with 'Alchemy'. ALCHEMY itself is probably the skill token. Insanity!

Edit: Put the text in the wrong damned spot.
« Last Edit: April 14, 2010, 12:01:37 pm by Wyrm »

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile
« Reply #177 on: April 18, 2010, 07:29:33 am »

Did anybody find out what does "VARIABLE_POSITIONS:ALL" do for goblins and what can be placed there instead of ALL?
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬
✫ DF Wanderer ✫ - the adventure mode crafting and tweaks
✫ Cartographer's Lounge ✫ - a custom worldgen repository

Knight Otu

• Bay Watcher
  • ☺4[
    • View Profile
« Reply #178 on: April 18, 2010, 08:34:25 am »

That should be the tag that allows the creation of lawgivers, generals and the like from nothing. I haven't tried anything with it yet, but from the string dump, I suspect that CUSTOM_LAW_MAKER, CUSTOM_MILITARY_GOALS, CUSTOM_MILITARY_STRATEGY, HIGH_PRIEST, and PRIEST should be viable tags to use with VARIABLE_POSITIONS.
Direforged Original
Random Raw Scripts - Randomly generated Beasts , Vermin, Hags, Vampires, and Civilizations
Castle Otu

Nihilist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #179 on: May 05, 2010, 05:04:56 pm »

Hello everyone! I'm Joe from Armor Inc.  Ever notice how the new breastplate doesn't protect your upper arms, yet the gauntlets don't reach that far? leaving the upper arms vulnerable to stabby slicy death?

You could of course mod the old platemail back in to fix that.  But what about creatures with extra limbs off the upper body? Like wings?  Hell the original platemail even protected extra lower body parts like tails with a combination of a downstep and upstep.

Of course you wouldn't want that would you? *points microphone at audience* *deafening silence* Ahem... well now you don't have to worry about that!  I give you...
Spoiler: Vambrace and spaulder (click to show/hide)
This beauty will protect your soft and squishy upper arms while still keeping the vanilla breastplate!  Wow!

Yours for only liberal use of ctrl-c and ctrl-v.

And coming soon, tired of wearing a helmet and still getting your ears lowered by way of flying off in an arc?  Or your throat cut out from under it? Coming soon, the Great Helm!

Hm doesn't seem to be any way to protect facial features with a helmet. UPSTEP isn't a working tag for helmets.

You wouldn't happen to know a way to make mail armor cover the upper arm without it also covering the head? I upped basic chain mail's UBSTEP by 1 - while this worked great for covering the upper arms, I am unsure If I like the idea of turtlenexk chainmail. - at least not without raising the material cost. i'm also trying to figure out something to cover the fingers and toes better - i don't think gauntlets and boots currently cover them.
« Last Edit: May 05, 2010, 06:18:40 pm by Nihilist »
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13