Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5

Author Topic: Stopping bleeding  (Read 25953 times)

Pickled Tink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Stopping bleeding
« Reply #45 on: April 23, 2010, 05:39:12 am »

Head.
Bronze bolt.
Muscle.
Was bleeding a ton. Waited till pale. Didn't stop bleeding.
Pulled it out. Bled to death.

Vicomt

• Bay Watcher
  • Just call me Vic.
    • View Profile
    • Steam Profile
« Reply #46 on: April 23, 2010, 11:03:54 am »

something else which might be linked. I've been playing with speed:0 modded adventurers, and it seems like every time I go up against an armoured foe, I can hack on him for hours (using a battleaxe), but as soon as I stop and move away, they bleed to death, no delay, thousands of turns of slicing and dicing (not doing much damage because of their armour), then the instant I move, they die.

coincidence? maybe.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #47 on: April 23, 2010, 11:24:13 am »

something else which might be linked. I've been playing with speed:0 modded adventurers, and it seems like every time I go up against an armoured foe, I can hack on him for hours (using a battleaxe), but as soon as I stop and move away, they bleed to death, no delay, thousands of turns of slicing and dicing (not doing much damage because of their armour), then the instant I move, they die.

coincidence? maybe.
Actually thats probably because, to the game, you're not giving them long enough to "realize" they're injured. When you step away the game then looks at the guy, realizes he's swiss cheese and has him pop like a balloon.

Footkerchief

• Bay Watcher
  • The Juffo-Wup is strong in this place.
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: April 23, 2010, 11:57:38 am »

coincidence? maybe.

I've felt like I've seen this too.

Shinziril

• Bay Watcher
  • !!SCIENCE!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: April 23, 2010, 01:27:54 pm »

coincidence? maybe.
Actually thats probably because, to the game, you're not giving them long enough to "realize" they're injured. When you step away the game then looks at the guy, realizes he's swiss cheese and has him pop like a balloon.

So it's like how the anime swordsman waves his sword around five times, pauses for a second, and then the enemy falls into a dozen pieces?
Quote from: lolghurt
Quote from: Urist McTaverish
why is Dwarven science always on fire?
Because normal science is boring
« Reply #50 on: April 24, 2010, 02:45:09 am »

I don't know what you people are talking about. My new adventurer has been bashed and cut open countless times, including his lip. It seems everytime I get one of these injuries 'Bleeding' goes away after 10 or so turns. That is unless I get another 'Bleeding' injury within that time. I'm not sure if lying on the ground might help it as after a fight I lie down and the 'Bleeding' injuries go away much faster.
Maybe a blunt question, but does she have any reason to not trust you?
Yes, I'm sort of a serial cheater.

Footkerchief

• Bay Watcher
  • The Juffo-Wup is strong in this place.
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: April 24, 2010, 02:57:24 am »

^^^ By all indications, it only happens when you're hit by a projectile.
« Reply #52 on: April 24, 2010, 03:02:58 am »

Then don't be hit by projectiles.

Problem solved. Was it really that hard?

Vester

• Bay Watcher
  • [T_WORD:AWE-INSPIRING:bloonk]
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: April 24, 2010, 03:14:34 am »

Yeah. Projectiles aren't very strong, currently. If you're wearing full armor you're pretty much safe.
"Land of song," said the warrior bard, "though all the world betray thee - one sword at least thy rights shall guard; one faithful harp shall praise thee."
« Reply #54 on: April 24, 2010, 04:26:25 am »

Unless it's made out of cheese. Then the projectiles will turn you Swiss.

Toybasher

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: April 24, 2010, 12:18:57 pm »

^^^ By all indications, it only happens when you're hit by a projectile.

And if it gets stuck in I mean, if it gets stuck in on lips and stuff (maybe even all body parts!) it will never stop bleeding

Toybasher

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: April 25, 2010, 11:01:32 am »

and yet again from a bolt to the throat, its weird how when they en dup severing the ear you will be ok but if they dont and get stuck your screwed. I guess we need to imitate Vincent van Gogh and slash off the ear thats bleeding.

Arkose

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: April 25, 2010, 05:48:42 pm »

I bled to death when a demon's frozen spit got lodged in one of my fingers. I would have been more than happy with dying of infection from that, but bleeding?

Vester

• Bay Watcher
  • [T_WORD:AWE-INSPIRING:bloonk]
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: April 25, 2010, 07:35:28 pm »

Is there a [NOSTUCKINS] tag still? We could fix this by making it so that projectiles no longer get stuck in your head (illogically enough). I can see bleeding out 100% of the time after getting an axe stuck in your face, but the arrows thing just makes them really annoying.
"Land of song," said the warrior bard, "though all the world betray thee - one sword at least thy rights shall guard; one faithful harp shall praise thee."

Earwig

• Bay Watcher
  • the Awe-Inspiring Distraction
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: May 08, 2010, 10:44:54 pm »

First toe, left foot is broken and cut open.
Caused by a silver or copper bolt, I believe.
Weapon did not stick in the wound.

I can understand if it's really bad, I guess, but I had been playing an extra 2 hours or so real time before I became faint. Shortly after this I go pale, then bleed out, and I'm sort of desperate to learn how to avoid this in the future. Uh, if I can. The thing is, she had her nose taken off by a bolt a while before and she was done bleeding immediately, within 1-2 turns. Then she bleeds out of her split toe? It seems... illogical. At the very least it's immensely unfortunate. I loved her.  :'(  215 notable kills, 22 kids saved from dark towers. Cleared out three dark towers completely before dying of Exploded Toe Syndrome. RIP, noseless dwarf lady. RIP.
Like my story of Vanod wandering through Monster Island?

Please vote for it to be included in the Hall of Legends!

And please enjoy my grumpy guest appearance (Enir Twigappears) in the awesome The Littlest Cheesemaker story by evictedSaint!
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5