Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5

Author Topic: Stopping bleeding  (Read 25958 times)

Toybasher

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Stopping bleeding
« Reply #30 on: April 07, 2010, 10:10:43 am »

This hs happened AGAIN.

My charactor bled to death from a bruised throat.

Peasant

• Bay Watcher
  • MANY WHELPS NOW HANDLE IT
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: April 10, 2010, 04:09:45 am »

My character is currently bleeding after taking three bronze arrow hits. The two were just minor wounds that didn't bleed after going through my leg and lower body. But the third one hit the money! I managed to pull the arrow out from my body while behind a tree, now i'm following a road hoping someone would help me. There's no pain, just bleeding, they're minor/yellow wounds anyway.

I finally bled to death after taking down a pack of wolves, two swarms of macaques and groundhogs. I lasted surprisingly long even when i was pale for ages.
« Last Edit: April 10, 2010, 04:19:49 am by Peasant »

Toybasher

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: April 10, 2010, 03:59:56 pm »

and happened freaking AGAIN! from a cheak injury

Vulkan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: April 10, 2010, 09:33:44 pm »

My character's upper lip got cut open by a passing bolt, it bled for a while, but stopped not long after, and it was "cut open" with some muscle damage. Eventually it got infected, but the cut open part has healed and I now have a scar left over from it. No signs of bleeding to death.

Here's what he looks like now:

Toybasher

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: April 18, 2010, 06:05:29 pm »

My character's upper lip got cut open by a passing bolt, it bled for a while, but stopped not long after, and it was "cut open" with some muscle damage. Eventually it got infected, but the cut open part has healed and I now have a scar left over from it. No signs of bleeding to death.

Here's what he looks like now:

Did it get lodged in? it just happened to me 16 sepret times now in the past hour

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #35 on: April 18, 2010, 07:30:40 pm »

I've done some tests (I've let myself get beaten up alot) and it seems that facial wounds give the most problems. Beyond that it seems that "cut apart" skin has a real problem with bleeding forever. I know I've gotten arrows to the heart and survived (stopped bleeding but still had the "mortal wound" status) but bled to death from a cut ear. Its possible to survive alot though

He's completely lost the ability to hold weapons or shields along with losing his ear and having his throat pretty much caved in. Seems that the infinite bleeding is a glitch that has something to do with skin and head wounds.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #36 on: April 18, 2010, 11:01:20 pm »

It is possible to survive getting your throat slashed open, I managed to do it on a NPC, cut her throat from ear to ear and she survived.

Sensei

• Bay Watcher
  • Haven't tried coffee crisps.
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: April 18, 2010, 11:37:42 pm »

I've survived multiple "Mortal Wounds" by sleeping.
Let's Play: Automation! Bay 12 Motor Company Buy the 1950 Urist Wagon for just $4500! Safety features optional.
The Bay 12 & Mates Discord Join now! Voice/text chat and play games with other Bay12'ers!
Add me on Steam: [DFC] Sensei

Raz

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: April 19, 2010, 03:10:32 am »

You can fast-travel through them as well. Anyway, I think that your toughness and recuperation stats allow you to survive a certain percentage or amount of blood loss. As soon as you receive a wound, I think it determines the amount of bleeding the wound will cause, perhaps independent from body part.

What should happen (not sure if this is modeled to any extent in the game), is have head wounds (especially on small parts like lips, ears) bleed less than, for example, the legs. So you'd have the torso bleeding amount at 100%, arms at 150%, legs at 200%, head at 75% and if a critical hit is scored on the throat, it should bleed at 250%, or something along those lines. Further 'child' body parts, such as hands, feet, ears and lips, will never bleed more than their respective parent body parts. Some parts may be more susceptible to critical hits (exposed arteries for throat, internal bleeding for head). The latter is probably already modeled somewhat.
"I can't wait to procrastinate!"

NinjaE8825

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: April 19, 2010, 07:32:13 am »

It's certainly possible that that's how it's modeled, since we've got relsize for all limbs and all.

!!Zombie Carp!!

• Bay Watcher
  • Look into my eyes... you must give cooookieesss...
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: April 21, 2010, 11:14:54 am »

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Well that was quite therapeutic...
Good thing I kept hold of 40d. I was starting to miss the Keep It Simple, Stupid military interface.
[pizza=omnomnom]

Toybasher

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: April 21, 2010, 03:03:47 pm »

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Well that was quite therapeutic...
Good thing I kept hold of 40d. I was starting to miss the Keep It Simple, Stupid military interface.

I have a cold right now, I think i feel so much better now after reading this. Thanks !!Zombie Carp!!.
Also I agress. the new militery menu is really complicated and we just need a Militery system: classic or new switch in options and them im all set!.

Footkerchief

• Bay Watcher
  • The Juffo-Wup is strong in this place.
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: April 21, 2010, 03:15:33 pm »

I've done some tests (I've let myself get beaten up alot) and it seems that facial wounds give the most problems.

Yup, that does seem to be the pattern.  There's a bug report on it here, but more information is needed.  It seems to only happen with projectile weapons, but we're not sure yet whether it requires the projectile to stick in the wound.

If your adventurer bleeds to death from a minor wound, please post these details here (or on the tracker):
- what precise body part was injured
- what weapon/projectile caused it
- whether the weapon stuck in the wound (and if so, whether you pulled it out)

Toybasher

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: April 22, 2010, 02:10:54 pm »

I've done some tests (I've let myself get beaten up alot) and it seems that facial wounds give the most problems.

Yup, that does seem to be the pattern.  There's a bug report on it here, but more information is needed.  It seems to only happen with projectile weapons, but we're not sure yet whether it requires the projectile to stick in the wound.

If your adventurer bleeds to death from a minor wound, please post these details here (or on the tracker):
- what precise body part was injured
- what weapon/projectile caused it
- whether the weapon stuck in the wound (and if so, whether you pulled it out)
however it ALWAYS happens when it sticks in.

Evil One

• Bay Watcher
  • [Champion Elfslayer]
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: April 23, 2010, 05:03:41 am »

It's weird, you can heal from arterial wounds, some mortal wounds and pretty much everything except breaks or fractures; but get hit in one of the minor parts of the head and you've had it.
Dwarf!  Indeed, a devious delight fond of drink and industry deceived as both do-gooder and devil by the delusions of deities.  This demander, no daft demeanor, is a driving force of the deadly diocese, now disappointed, delirious from goblin deception.  However, this delicious derangement of a demolished diamond stands determined!
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5