Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5

Author Topic: Stopping bleeding  (Read 25968 times)

Trout

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Stopping bleeding
« Reply #15 on: April 04, 2010, 10:45:22 pm »

So, no one knows how to actually NOT bleed to death?

I mean, I need to know. My current adventurer is leaving a trail of blood from a slightly cut cheeek, and it won't stop. I think I'm actually producing blood faster than I'm bleeding out, at this point.

EDIT: Wait, no. I just passed into being "Faint".

Another EDIT: Alright, I just BLED TO DEATH because of a SMALL CUT on my CHEEK.
« Last Edit: April 04, 2010, 10:52:45 pm by Trout »
I don't think losing guts actually kills you, you just throw up and pass out and bleed to death.

Xombie

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: April 05, 2010, 02:33:05 am »

All my adventurers die for same reason in new version.
I believe it cant be helped till Toady makes some kind of first aid possibility.

Jehdin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: April 05, 2010, 03:03:24 am »

I believe it cant be helped till Toady makes some kind of first aid possibility.

It's pretty clear that it's a bug when people are bleeding out from their cheeks, lips and ears.

wrytalin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: April 05, 2010, 11:55:29 am »

It's pretty clear that it's a bug when people are bleeding out from their cheeks, lips and ears.

Maybe they're chibi people.

Arrkhal

• Bay Watcher
  • Who modded in these flying killer attack babies???
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: April 05, 2010, 01:58:23 pm »

I'm messing around with arena mode, and it's possible to rip off an elf's nose and both ears via pinching, and the bleeding willl be relatively minor and stop quickly.  But if you rip off a finger, they bleed to death from it.  Crazy stuff.
In development: Arrkhal's Material and Weapon balance
Please test and let me know what still needs fixing.  And get these freakin' babies offa me!

tehstefan

• Bay Watcher
  • R.I.P Bro. You were too good for this place
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: April 05, 2010, 03:24:20 pm »

Weird, that's weird. i mean, I can understand that perhaps a finger is a serious loss of blood, but ripping off your nose and ears?
I suspect you've never tried doing many illegal things yet in your game. The second the CCS knows you're "active", they'll come down on you like the hammer of God.

Shima

• Bay Watcher
  • Time to go fishing, lads.
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: April 05, 2010, 05:10:59 pm »

A couple days ago, I got a crossbow bolt through the lip in Adventure mode.  It pierced an artery.  Now, the problem arises... you can't travel while bleeding, but there's no way to fix it.  I got bored and "painted" a few buildings completely with my blood, before walking for about 10 real minutes out of town, with nothing but a single long trail of red behind me, until I finally bled out.  I don't think bleeding can be stopped right now, not without medical care (Which can't be provided in arena nor adventure).
(giant worm leather coat)
Weight: 718238Γ
Owner: Udil Evonudil, Planter

Oh Armok, the spice.

Acanthus117

• Bay Watcher
  • Angry Writer
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: April 06, 2010, 03:59:51 am »

This should help.
Is apparently a Lizardman. ಠ_ಠ
YOU DOUBLE PENIS
"The pessimist is either always right or pleasantly surprised; he cherishes that which is good because he knows it cannot last."

Nikov

• Bay Watcher
  • Riverend's Flame-beater of Earth-Wounders
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: April 06, 2010, 04:32:00 am »

Bleeding should [slowly] stop automatically, just over time. I mean, real wounds don't bleed forever until you put a bandage on them...

Actually no; blood flowing quick enough to be medically hazardous (does it drip off of you? Hazardous) doesn't stop bleeding, and quite a few people are briefly surprised that that little ignored laceration is going to kill them.
I should probably have my head checked, because I find myself in complete agreement with Nikov.

Jonesman64

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: April 06, 2010, 11:21:25 am »

Has anyone looked at what affect Travelling has on other party members, if they are wounded/bleeding?

I've not found anyone who'll join me yet  ::)

Yeah one of my party members was injured pretty badly in a fight against a dragon... Pierce lung... thankfully we killed the dragon almost immediately afterward and I was able to travel... I moved a tile on the world map and went back into "exploration mode" (don't know what its really called) to check her health.. and she was fine. o.o

Pkassad

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: April 06, 2010, 03:27:27 pm »

Has anyone looked at what affect Travelling has on other party members, if they are wounded/bleeding?

Yeah one of my party members was injured pretty badly in a fight against a dragon... Pierce lung... thankfully we killed the dragon almost immediately afterward and I was able to travel... I moved a tile on the world map and went back into "exploration mode" (don't know what its really called) to check her health.. and she was fine. o.o

I have left a map with heavy bleeding before moved one travel tile, and the bleeding had stopped.  Though I my nerve damage never healed :( so i was stuck crawling around.
Yes but then the three children hanging off her will catch fire.
And that's stopped people before...?

Toybasher

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: April 06, 2010, 05:41:19 pm »

well, the thing about DF is that you have "throats" and then you have "necks"

if you got hit in the "neck" and got some slashed skin with no severed arteries, you might have been okay, but your "throat" is your throat.  If the bleeding didn't kill you, the eventual suffocation would have unless you were high on the toughness stat.

There's a reason why slitting a person's throat is a way to kill them.

Again. the throat SKIN was slashed... not the windpipe. and throat-slitting severs arteries.
« Last Edit: April 06, 2010, 05:45:47 pm by Toybasher »

Rijjka

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: April 06, 2010, 08:55:27 pm »

I had the same thing happen with my Elven drunk, (after he fist fought a giant) except his health wasn't all better. Back at the tavern, his nose is still broken, even after Traveling.
To the dorf pulling the lever, the lever is just a lever. The magma pouring out of the mountainside is just a coincidence. To the dorf designing a pump stack from the magma sea, it is just that: a pump stack. No specific reason for it. It will never do anything.
for reasons best knows to themselves, the elves decided to explode

toastdieb

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: April 06, 2010, 11:27:33 pm »

One of my human adventurers got sniped in the throat by an Elite Crossbowdwarf(at point blank). It didn't pierce any arteries and wasn't listed as a mortal wound, though it did bleed heavily and was stuck-in. After I dispatched the bugger, my woodcutter companion kept me covered while I laid still on the ground, away from any other angry dwarves. Several turns later, the bleeding slowed, and eventually stopped altogether. I made my way off the site without any problems or being accosted by dwarves, and had no problems until quite a while later on where despite not being wounded by any enemy, I suddenly started bleeding again(wounds record said from every part of my body). Maybe a wound reopening due to exertion? At any rate while sitting still trying to stop the bleeding the second time, a crowd of angry townsfolk found me and kept me from going anywhere by making me dodge and block their attacks until I bled out from my original throat injury.

Mnijykmirl

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: April 07, 2010, 12:22:20 am »

If you start bleeding from every part of the body, it's probably from the acid rain or heat.

I've also not had a problem bleeding out, except in the couple of cases of acid rain.  I was also sniped at point blank and got hit in the throat.  On closer inspection though, it never got past the skin, so while it bled for a while, it was very far from fatal.  I have infected minor wounds all over that I can't figure out how to fix, but seem to do relatively nothing.  The only things I've died to are being thrown into an obstacle and blowing apart, acid rain, and one case of a giant obliterating my upper spine with a punch so I could no longer stand, grasp, or breath.  I could crawl on the ground and push things, so I did so for about 5 hours until I finally suffocated.

Although I have killed quite my fair share of giants by simply severing an artery in the neck and simply standing back while they bleed out.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5