Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 35 36 [37] 38

Author Topic: [BUGS] 0.31.01 bugs  (Read 78080 times)

Narmio

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: [BUGS] 0.31.01 bugs
« Reply #540 on: April 04, 2010, 09:05:51 pm »

ok ppl with the body parts bug ( dwarf gets a fey mood, requesting body parts), its actually much more tame than you imagine.
I just had a fey mood and the dwarf was requesting rock bars and body parts. He was quite happy to accept iron bar and a dog bone ( young puppy was butchered for this purpose). He produced Iron buckler adored with hanging rings of dog bone.
I just realised - this means we don't need a stockpile of shells anymore. Moody dwarves will make do with any body part, which includes bones, shells, skulls, hooves, teeth, whatever else butchery produces now (go butcher slain corpses in arena mode to find out).

Sadly no, I just had a failed "secretive" mood where the dwarf specifically demanded shells.  You can't start with turtles any more (rather turtle meat - no shells included!), I can't order them from traders, and neither the ponds in my marsh or my brook seem to contain any fish at all.  So it seems I'm doomed to lose any mooding dwarf who wants shell.  The perils of playing an early release, I figure!

Maybe my large underground lake would contain turtles.  Except it also contains a towering blob of water with a long undulating tail and deadly slime, so I'm not going down there for a while.

Goodbasement

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #541 on: April 04, 2010, 10:08:31 pm »

-Dwarves get stuck in the workshops they build. Then they cancel jobs in the workshop with "(dwarf) cancels (job): cannot find path". Also, one dwarf of mine moved stones out of the way to build a Carpenter's Workshop. Then got stuck in the room because stones were in the way of the door. I had to set piles for stones and have other dwarves move them so she could escape.

I have placed a Masonry's Workshop at multiple places and widened doorways and spaces, but they still get stuck inside it after construction. I've even removed workshops and the dwarf still doesn't move even when thirsty.

umiman

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice Fetishist
    • View Profile
« Reply #542 on: April 04, 2010, 10:21:19 pm »

Mugs don't show up as tradable items. (which sucks as I have several thousand)

monk12

• Bay Watcher
  • Sorry, I AM a coyote
    • View Profile
« Reply #543 on: April 04, 2010, 10:24:48 pm »

Holdover from the previous version, actually. You can designate mugs to be traded by Searching (s) for them.

umiman

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice Fetishist
    • View Profile
« Reply #544 on: April 04, 2010, 10:27:10 pm »

Holdover from the previous version, actually. You can designate mugs to be traded by Searching (s) for them.
Ah alright. It won't show mugs, but it does show finished goods bins.

Sphalerite

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Drew's Robots and stuff
« Reply #545 on: April 04, 2010, 10:31:26 pm »

When a blizzard man is set on fire (such as by being too close to two dragons fighting each other in the arena) and catches on fire, he burns, apparently forever.  Looking at his list of wounds reveals that many parts of his body are oozing, gushing, spraying, or running an unnamed substance.  Despite this it is up and about and still functioning.  Taking manual control of the blizzard man and leaping into the water put the fire out and caused an impressive spray of steam, and then the blizzard man died when I released control of it.
Any intelligent fool can make things bigger and more complex... It takes a touch of genius --- and a lot of courage to move in the opposite direction.

SimRobert2001

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #546 on: April 04, 2010, 10:34:15 pm »

I had a dwarf go into a cackling mood, and he destroyed his leather workshop as he went into the mood, and the butchers workshop as he claimed it. He then went meloncholy because he destoryed the butchers shop. 

And shells are now under "body parts"

Geti

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #547 on: April 04, 2010, 11:16:35 pm »

unsure if it's been reported, falling on top of a tree from above without dying leaves you stuck with the message "flying" there forever. found this out in a cave, about 20something z levels down.

Dearesa

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #548 on: April 04, 2010, 11:33:49 pm »

I've noticed that I'm getting a lot of warnings about cavern sections collapsing in areas I haven't even revealed yet. I got lucky and had a save a couple seconds before one of them so I used the reveal tool to have a look at it just before it collapsed. It seems that in some of the caverns there are plants growing in mid-air. They sit there for a while before apparently being reattached to gravity and generating a collapse warning.

umiman

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice Fetishist
    • View Profile
« Reply #549 on: April 05, 2010, 12:23:07 am »

I've noticed that I'm getting a lot of warnings about cavern sections collapsing in areas I haven't even revealed yet. I got lucky and had a save a couple seconds before one of them so I used the reveal tool to have a look at it just before it collapsed. It seems that in some of the caverns there are plants growing in mid-air. They sit there for a while before apparently being reattached to gravity and generating a collapse warning.
I found the same thing too. Got lots of floating plants in the caverns.

stuntaneous

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:ungodly beard of awesome]
    • View Profile
« Reply #550 on: April 05, 2010, 01:30:01 am »

military screen crash. had two guys in a squad, assigned to using crossbows. selecting ammunition, i was spamming around in an exploratory manner hitting this and that.. but basically hitting M for material caused the game to crash. aka vista said it had stopped responding before giving me no choice but to close.

quad 2.66ghz/4gb ram/vista 64bit

kirvoq

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #551 on: April 05, 2010, 02:20:31 am »

An outpost liason was announced with "The Hammerdwarf *name* from *homeciv* has arrived." He was in fact carrying a war hammer and metal armor.

And to add to the point of dwarfs still working when hungry / thirsty / drowsy, it's not just getting bad thoughts, they also get a skill penalty. At least my legendary miners work noticeably slower and lose their 100% chance of getting rock / ore from mining when they're working too long.
« Last Edit: April 05, 2010, 02:39:33 am by kirvoq »
There is nothing to catch in the magma pipe.

katroclopse

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #552 on: April 05, 2010, 02:33:47 am »

Hello:
     Not sure if anything similar has been reported yet, but, I have a 3 friendly dwarves and 1 friendly goblin thief at my sea-side fort reclaim.   The goblin thief just sorta sits at the beach letting waves hit him, he moves occasionally, but only a tile or two.  I have seen one of the three dwarves sparring with an enraged deer, not sure what to make of it all.  Could it be that these four are from the previous fort and are stuck here because of the abandonment?

Acanthus117

• Bay Watcher
  • Angry Writer
    • View Profile
« Reply #553 on: April 05, 2010, 02:42:01 am »

I have a bug where the upper bodies of all dead organics disappear. I haet it almost as much as the combat system.
Is apparently a Lizardman. ಠ_ಠ
YOU DOUBLE PENIS
"The pessimist is either always right or pleasantly surprised; he cherishes that which is good because he knows it cannot last."

BloodyThorn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • BloodyThorn
« Reply #554 on: April 05, 2010, 02:47:56 am »

Here's one I just found that I am not sure if it's a bug or not. Though it's quite annoying.

I just had a mining/mason dwarf get stuck on a single tile with everything around him channeled out.

The second he was trapped, I noticed, because not only did my FPS drop to 1/3 it's normal running, but all of the sudden job after job got canceled or suspended. It started erasing my mining designations, canceling item production in workshops, and anytime I tried to build a floor to free him, it'd suspend it immediately.

To get out of this, I had to remove all his labor designations, and then build the floor bridge to him. And of course, once he was free, re-enable his labors.

Also, this is a first, but have only got this far with one fort yet:

My Arsenal manager doesn't seem to like his office. Now that I've started to produce equipment to issue to my squad it keeps spamming me that my Arsenal guy needs an office, but he has one. I've tried unassigned and re-assigning him an office, to no avail.
« Last Edit: April 05, 2010, 12:33:44 pm by BloodyThorn »
Pages: 1 ... 35 36 [37] 38