Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 34 35 [36] 37 38

Author Topic: [BUGS] 0.31.01 bugs  (Read 78067 times)

Nagassh

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: [BUGS] 0.31.01 bugs
« Reply #525 on: April 04, 2010, 02:19:53 pm »

I had a weird bug today where all of my dwarfs, along with cats, dogs, and donkey, mysteriously and systematically bled to death, until my Fortress was no more.

No sign of any creatures, or diseases. It also happened to two separated groups, at about the same time. One was near a river, while the other was gathered around my wagon.

I have had this one 2 times. Probably it has something to do with way too hot temperature. Usually they die when it starts to rain, dunno if the water that rains is boiling or something. Just keep your dwarves inside and they won't die. :)

Had a 90 strong fort wiped out by that, 40 melted and the other 50 spiraled. Reclaimed (and oddly reclaiming gives no armament's since the upgrade - you just get your 7 dwarves as normal), had it occur again but dwarves died in 4s and 5s on 2 occasions. Wasn't the first time it had rained though, it was years into the reclamation before I had trouble.

Another bug regarding strange moods - Engraver with legendary engraving and novice masonry is defaulting to a crafts dwarf workshop. Previously engraving defaulted to masons, and if it was a none crafting skill that would default to a craftworks shop it would usually check the next profession down iirc. Now it seems to just check engraving, NOT default to masonry and then not check the next highest skill.

Edit: Update on the engraver, seems to have still given engraving experience but i's hard to tell since she was already legendary, but no other skill has increased.
« Last Edit: April 04, 2010, 02:50:20 pm by Nagassh »

Greiger

• Bay Watcher
  • Reptilian Illuminati member. Keep it secret.
    • View Profile
« Reply #526 on: April 04, 2010, 02:44:46 pm »

-The elves on their way towards my Trade Depot decided to swim my moat instead of using the bridge.  The water was 6/7 deep, tile used to be brook but is channeled out.  Ramps on both sides where they forded the moat.

-Also the eves have the only rope reed cloth I have seen all game.  A cursory glance at the raws shows nothing different about their biome info and they list in my farm, but a years worth of plant gatheing found 20 of everything else, but not a single rope reed plant or seed, gathering nonstop.
Disclaimer: Not responsible for dwarven deaths from the use or misuse of this post.
I don't need friends!! I've got knives!!!

morikal

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #527 on: April 04, 2010, 03:05:34 pm »

Can't get dwarves to haul stone blocks... masons shops are very cluttered, have multiple dwarves sitting around with no current job. All hauling enabled on all dwarves. Its been this way for seasons.

Psieye

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #528 on: April 04, 2010, 03:14:24 pm »

ok ppl with the body parts bug ( dwarf gets a fey mood, requesting body parts), its actually much more tame than you imagine.
I just had a fey mood and the dwarf was requesting rock bars and body parts. He was quite happy to accept iron bar and a dog bone ( young puppy was butchered for this purpose). He produced Iron buckler adored with hanging rings of dog bone.
I just realised - this means we don't need a stockpile of shells anymore. Moody dwarves will make do with any body part, which includes bones, shells, skulls, hooves, teeth, whatever else butchery produces now (go butcher slain corpses in arena mode to find out).
Military Training EXP Analysis
Congrats, Psieye. This is the first time I've seen a derailed thread get put back on the rails.

sethwick

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #529 on: April 04, 2010, 04:01:46 pm »

Okay, here's one I've not seen reported before (Though I very well could have missed it): Dwarfs aren't using Bins. At all. They just sit in the furniture storage stockpile. There are other stockpiles with plenty of stuff in them, some are full or near full, but the bins sit unused.

This hasn't happen on my two previous 2010 forts. So the same fort in which I first saw the lazy miner glitch I'm also seeing this.

Dorf3000

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #530 on: April 04, 2010, 04:33:52 pm »

Very minor bug.

Each goblin fortress I have embarked on that included an underground tunnel was not actually connected to the end of the tunnel.  It didn't seem to be related to aquifers or anything like that.  I haven't tried it in adventure mode on a mountainhome yet.
I had a tigerman get elected mayor and he promptly mandated 3 bowls of cereal.

Roundabout Lout

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #531 on: April 04, 2010, 05:01:46 pm »

-Playing adventure mode, and giant rats seem to be ghosts, as every attack passes through them harmlessly.
Same is now going for a naked mole dog. Guessing this bug is common.
« Last Edit: April 04, 2010, 05:05:12 pm by yougiedeggs »

TheChosen

• Bay Watcher
  • Human Peasant
    • View Profile
« Reply #532 on: April 04, 2010, 05:28:06 pm »

Just finished reading the whole thread and would like to add my own experiments with combat. Cant remember if the dwarfs got loads of wrestling skill from these encounters.

I got my first fort started. After doing basic stuff like digging and setting stockpiles, I sented my fisherdwarf to check out the river. He however encounters a werewolf and is torn to pieces. Dogs kill the werewolf and live goes on.

Then, we get a pack of Foul Blendecs, who kill the dogs and go after a dwarf. They take their sweet time killing him (didnt check why or how they were killing him), so much time in fact that theyre showing signs of exhaustion. I created a quick squad of wrestlers who managed to take them down. Dwarf survives the onslaught and is taken to a hospital, only to die later on because of wound infection.

Later on, another werewolf shows up and attacks a jeweler dwarf. However, unlike the first Werewolf, he apparently decides to try the Foul Blendecs approach by trying to kill him veeeery slowly. Got bored again and created squadron of cannon fodder to take him down. However, as soon as I killed the werewolf, the jeweler seemed to die instantly. On a side note, he did manage to take down one of the attackers too.

Third werewolf appears and attacks at a novice miner/high master milker. Yet again, instead of ripping him to pieces quickly like the first one, he kills him rather sloooowly. This time I checked the combat reports and found out that werewolf was strangling the dwarf. This strangling message was repeated over and over again, about thousands of times I'd say.

Did the same thing again: Form a wrestling squadron and take him down. Just like with the jeweler, the miner seemed to die instantly when the stranglefest was over.

Other minor stuff:
- I've noticed that several people mentioned how water keeps melting dwarf. I've had rain couple of times and I didnt notice any kind of damaging effect from it. Or maybe its just me.
- I've made an target for archery practices, but my archer decided to just stand nearby it", rather than shoot at it. He's not idling, as his profile says that he's practicing marksmanship (or something). And yes he's got wooden crossbow and plenty of cow-bone bolts.
- So far I've only managed to embark once. Everytime I tried, I chose area bigger than the basic size and the game just doesnt seem to do anything once I chose "Play now".
TheChosen cancels Mega-project: Too sane

King Doom

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #533 on: April 04, 2010, 05:40:53 pm »

ok ppl with the body parts bug ( dwarf gets a fey mood, requesting body parts), its actually much more tame than you imagine.
I just had a fey mood and the dwarf was requesting rock bars and body parts. He was quite happy to accept iron bar and a dog bone ( young puppy was butchered for this purpose). He produced Iron buckler adored with hanging rings of dog bone.
I just realised - this means we don't need a stockpile of shells anymore. Moody dwarves will make do with any body part, which includes bones, shells, skulls, hooves, teeth, whatever else butchery produces now (go butcher slain corpses in arena mode to find out).

Not true. I just had a failed fey mood with a stonecrafter who wanted stone and body parts. He colklected two bits or stone and sat and went mad while my butcher slaughtered horses, mules, cats dogs and cows.

eviscerator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #534 on: April 04, 2010, 05:44:09 pm »

Can't find any other posts about this yet, but:

Has anybody else noticed that when you have one stockpile take from another, the dwarves all rush over to the take from 'pile, pick shit up, then run around in circles.  Specifically, I made a seeds only stockpile, and tried to pull all the seeds from a generic food stockpile (hadn't yet turned seeds off).  The dwarves would repeatedly pick up the seeds and drop them in the same original stockpile.  Turning off seeds fixed it.  Weird behavior to watch though.

Torham

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #535 on: April 04, 2010, 05:54:22 pm »

Actually no, had another moody dwarf, this time requesting specifically shells. Didn't make it, because i have no rivers   on my map and when you buy lobster/turtles off a caravan, they come without shells now. So he was stricken by melancholy. I think this is a simple case of mislabeling ( rock bars = metal bars, Body parts = bone).

It Would be nice to be able to purchase/order some shells from the caravan, otherwise its getting very complicated without rivers. I have lots of small pools on the map but i was so far unable to catch a single turtle(mayby too cold/wrong biome for turtles).

Anyway had to abandon this fort, because i had 2 goblin ambush parties come at the same time. I send my militia commander to meet then (fully claded in masterwork iron), He managed to kill 1 goblin and then they surrounded him and started to spear him. After about 4 months I decided to abandon fort, because the fight was getting nowhere. My dwarf was on the floor at the entrance and all the gobs were stabbing him continuously, unable to kill him. They killed easily all the other dawrves i send to meet them. Combat report for my dwarf went multiple times over the 150 pages limit and reset itself.
I, for one, welcome our new Pony Overlords.

SimRobert2001

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #536 on: April 04, 2010, 06:15:07 pm »

Okay, here's one I've not seen reported before (Though I very well could have missed it): Dwarfs aren't using Bins. At all. They just sit in the furniture storage stockpile. There are other stockpiles with plenty of stuff in them, some are full or near full, but the bins sit unused.

This hasn't happen on my two previous 2010 forts. So the same fort in which I first saw the lazy miner glitch I'm also seeing this.

make sure your stockpiles have bins enabled. Mine are using them just fine.

Oh, and the dwarves seem to be taking away the ramps from teh channels.

goffrie

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #537 on: April 04, 2010, 06:38:55 pm »

In adventure mode, when fighting in a snowy area, severed body parts seem to melt the snow in a square area, not necessarily centered on the part.
Spoiler: screenshot (click to show/hide)
When a body part goes flying, the area where it lands melts, but not the area from whence it came.

umiman

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice Fetishist
    • View Profile
« Reply #538 on: April 04, 2010, 06:40:08 pm »

Is it just me or can you not select shells as refuse any more? As in, I want to make a refuse pile with just shells but it won't work.

Lederan

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #539 on: April 04, 2010, 08:22:14 pm »

I'm not sure if this is the way they're supposed to be or what, but I now have 4 Flesh Balls in my fortress. The only body part they have upon inspection is body, and the description says they're simply a ball of skin that eats dead matter. The problem is that they DO NOT DIE. In the status screen, I have flesh balls whose bodies are torn open, are dented, and are bruised. They also have been in extreme pain and over-exerted, but they still do not go unconscious or die. I'm guessing this is because they don't have any brain, organs, or nervous system? I'm pretty much stuck because none of my miners will go mine through my vein of adamantine to get to the HFS, and one of the balls has rolled into my production and living area, making everyone flee all the time and spamming my log with alerts.

Edit: Another bug that has surfaced. A Forgotten Beast has showed up, and it's now in my fort. Nearly every body part is broken, although  I'm not sure how because my military is still attacking the Flesh Balls rolling around my fort. I have a kill order set for the Beast, and yet they still choose to wrestle with the invincible Flesh Balls while my civilians vomit all over the floor and get killed by the Beast.
« Last Edit: April 04, 2010, 08:58:10 pm by Lederan »
Pages: 1 ... 34 35 [36] 37 38