Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 33 34 [35] 36 37 38

Author Topic: [BUGS] 0.31.01 bugs  (Read 78082 times)

GenericOverusedName

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: [BUGS] 0.31.01 bugs
« Reply #510 on: April 04, 2010, 11:00:56 am »

I apologize if this has been mentioned before.

Occasionally on the embark preparation screen, there will be NO underground products available. No underground plants, no underground wood, and no underground animal products. It seems to happen more when I set the historical end date to 2 in world-gen, but that may just be coincidence. Or it could be intentional, as the 2 year old places might not have those wonderful plump helmet spawn to send me off with.

Nhiphanter

• Bay Watcher
  • King of the mountain
    • View Profile
« Reply #511 on: April 04, 2010, 11:13:55 am »

A small but rather annoying bug.

When mining in a cavern, the moment a miner hits the stone, it tells me that "ive struck every single visible mineral in the cavern"

Bryan Derksen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #512 on: April 04, 2010, 11:19:52 am »

A small but rather annoying bug.

When mining in a cavern, the moment a miner hits the stone, it tells me that "ive struck every single visible mineral in the cavern"

This seems like works-as-designed to me. Why shouldn't the game report on your discoveries? It's good to have a textual list to scan through rather than having to move the cursor over every odd-coloured bit of rock manually to see what's down there and maybe miss that outcropping of black diamonds or whatever.

morikal

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #513 on: April 04, 2010, 11:29:31 am »

When in the military screen, if you go to the schedules, then use tab to switch to the order list, then press the key to switch alert levels (/*), it crashes.

morikal

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #514 on: April 04, 2010, 11:33:40 am »

Military problems--I'm not sure what the expected behaviors are, but:

- when squad has 'no scheduled order', some of the squad members are still training. If this is expected, it is unclear how to tell a squad to deactivate, stand down, and go about civilian life for a while.
 - when squad has orders to train, it seems one of my 4 dwarves in the squad feels that hauling jobs are more important. All the other dwarves are standing around waiting to start while he does job after job. Manually disabling his other jobs gets him to go train with them. This is unfortunate, as then I have to remember to reactivate the jobs on the squad's off-months so he isn't useless.

MagmaTwelve

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #515 on: April 04, 2010, 12:13:34 pm »

For some reason, my rag-tag military left three steel shortswords lying around, in preference to an iron shortsword (and neither were materials he liked).

Phydaux

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #516 on: April 04, 2010, 12:47:57 pm »

In the liaison screen where you request goods for their next arrival, under pets some of the creatures were doubled.

e.g.

cow
horse
horse
donkey
cat
cat
dog
dog

I imagine this is due to them being available as males or females only, but the screen didn't make clear which line was for which gender.

Lord Shonus

• Bay Watcher
  • Angle of Death
    • View Profile
« Reply #517 on: April 04, 2010, 12:54:48 pm »

got my first game breaking one.
I wanted to assign my expedition leader to medical duty during embark.
this are his skills:
Spoiler: skills in spoiler (click to show/hide)
and these are the results:
Spoiler: result1 (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: result2 (click to show/hide)
diagnosis: giving one dwarf administrative abilities in more than one field during embark crashes the nobles system.
can anyone confirm?

No...I've routinely given my leader/broker/bookkeeper medical skills, and haven't had these problems.

Found another bug though:
Genned a new world, and loaded my saved embark profile. I was informed that cave fish and lobsters were unavailable. However, I can still buy them from the fish menu!
Were they duplicated in the list menu like they're currently supposed to be?

Right now, because of castes, it should be

turtle
turtle
cave lobster
cave lobster
cave fish
cave fish

If it's listed like this, it's a bug.

If it's listed

turtle
cave lobster
cave fish

then your civ is lacking access to one of the castes. (Which would b a different bug.)
On Giant In the Playground and Something Awful I am Gnoman.
Man, ninja'd by a potentially inebriated Lord Shonus. I was gonna say to burn it.

RedWarrior0

• Bay Watcher
  • she/her
    • View Profile
« Reply #518 on: April 04, 2010, 01:08:45 pm »

When in the military screen, if you go to the schedules, then use tab to switch to the order list, then press the key to switch alert levels (/*), it crashes.

Look in errorlog.txt in the same directory as DF. What does it say?

Greiger

• Bay Watcher
  • Reptilian Illuminati member. Keep it secret.
    • View Profile
« Reply #519 on: April 04, 2010, 01:10:38 pm »

Liason fell to death and died in my meeting hall.  His body was hauled to the graveyard stockpile properly until I got some coffins set up.

When the coffins were built and set to take corpses, the liaison's body vanished from the graveyard stockpile and reappeared back EXACTLY where he died.  Except now it said (Liaison name here)'s skeleton, it was then hauled into a coffin.

GHOSTS!  AGAIN!  This version is haunted.

EDIT: Digging out a moat to my fortress. Miner removed most of the ramps on one side and was working on the other.  A mason suddenly appeared in the trench stunned, then a carpenter.  After awhile it stopped.  I'm thinking they expected the ramp that was recently removed to still be there and fell off the edge into the trench.  Woulda sucked for them if that trench was any deeper or filled with water or magma.
« Last Edit: April 04, 2010, 01:27:53 pm by Greiger »
Disclaimer: Not responsible for dwarven deaths from the use or misuse of this post.
I don't need friends!! I've got knives!!!

silverskull39

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #520 on: April 04, 2010, 01:15:07 pm »

Embarked on a dark fortress. there was a temple there with floors built out of petrified wood and with walls of rocksalt. the walls were engraved. Just broke into a cavern, and directly beneath said temple there is a large engraved area the same dimensions as the temple. There are no other on-map entrances to the caverns than the one i just carved.
Dwarf fortress threads can sound so.... unethical
it would be unethical if this wasn't the bay12 forums
Bay12: A short, sturdy forum fond of !!science!! and derailment.
Now back to your regularly scheduled thread derailment.

Chicken Launcher

• Bay Watcher
  • Poultry Technician
    • View Profile
« Reply #521 on: April 04, 2010, 01:26:49 pm »

Embarked on a dark fortress. there was a temple there with floors built out of petrified wood and with walls of rocksalt. the walls were engraved. Just broke into a cavern, and directly beneath said temple there is a large engraved area the same dimensions as the temple. There are no other on-map entrances to the caverns than the one i just carved.

Sounds like it could just be some sort of HFS
"Did you ever notice any time you see two groups of people who really hate each other, chances are good they’re wearing different kinds of hats? Keep an eye on that, it might be important." - George Carlin

silverskull39

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #522 on: April 04, 2010, 01:30:53 pm »

Sounds like it could just be some sort of HFS

that's what I thought at first, except there were no announcements about it, and it is directly beneath said temple with exactly the same size tile to tile.
Dwarf fortress threads can sound so.... unethical
it would be unethical if this wasn't the bay12 forums
Bay12: A short, sturdy forum fond of !!science!! and derailment.
Now back to your regularly scheduled thread derailment.

FGK dwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #523 on: April 04, 2010, 01:41:13 pm »

Were they duplicated in the list menu like they're currently supposed to be?

Right now, because of castes, it should be

turtle
turtle
cave lobster
cave lobster
cave fish
cave fish

If it's listed like this, it's a bug.

If it's listed

turtle
cave lobster
cave fish

then your civ is lacking access to one of the castes. (Which would b a different bug.)

Yes, all were in duplicate.

Kode527

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #524 on: April 04, 2010, 02:00:07 pm »

I had a weird bug today where all of my dwarfs, along with cats, dogs, and donkey, mysteriously and systematically bled to death, until my Fortress was no more.

No sign of any creatures, or diseases. It also happened to two separated groups, at about the same time. One was near a river, while the other was gathered around my wagon.

I have had this one 2 times. Probably it has something to do with way too hot temperature. Usually they die when it starts to rain, dunno if the water that rains is boiling or something. Just keep your dwarves inside and they won't die. :)
Pages: 1 ... 33 34 [35] 36 37 38