Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 32 33 [34] 35 36 ... 38

Author Topic: [BUGS] 0.31.01 bugs  (Read 78099 times)

Kataklistika

• Escaped Lunatic
  • Bwahahaha!
    • View Profile
    • Destiny Falls Games
Re: [BUGS] 0.31.01 bugs
« Reply #495 on: April 04, 2010, 01:26:57 am »

Experienced a minor difficulty when trying to take items from a stockpile.

Stockpile A: Just barrels made from any material.
Stockpile B: Output from carpenter workshop (all wood furniture).

Stockpile A was set to take from Stockpile B and my dorfs diligently set to work moving the barrels. However, they would just hover over a barrel and get a red question mark for a second before walking away. They would take about about 3 steps before they would turn and walk back to the barrel to repeat the process over and over again. I fixed it by disallowing barrels on Stockpile B. As soon as I did that my dorfs grabbed the barrels and made a mad dash to Stockpile A where they promptly deposited them in a haphazard fashion. I'll try to replicate this some more.

With death our mighty hammers fall; With death they fall, with doom they call. So wage your wars and knock down doors; We'll wield our mauls, strong and tall; And promise thee we shall not flee. For on your crown we hammer down; With blood abound, a crushing sound. And to the earth your corpses fall; In death you fall, gods help you all!
My Wiki Profile

rmbosotn

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #496 on: April 04, 2010, 01:34:43 am »

Naming Alerts in the military page got me stuck.  Escape didn't work to break out of the name writting.

Deathworks

• Bay Watcher
  • There be no fortress without its feline rulers!
    • View Profile
« Reply #497 on: April 04, 2010, 01:45:36 am »

Hi!

Experienced a minor difficulty when trying to take items from a stockpile.

Stockpile A: Just barrels made from any material.
Stockpile B: Output from carpenter workshop (all wood furniture).

Stockpile A was set to take from Stockpile B and my dorfs diligently set to work moving the barrels. However, they would just hover over a barrel and get a red question mark for a second before walking away. They would take about about 3 steps before they would turn and walk back to the barrel to repeat the process over and over again. I fixed it by disallowing barrels on Stockpile B. As soon as I did that my dorfs grabbed the barrels and made a mad dash to Stockpile A where they promptly deposited them in a haphazard fashion. I'll try to replicate this some more.

This is actually an already reported bug. It seems that transferring anything from one stockpile to another is broken in this release. And the symptoms are just as you described - dwarves milling around doing nothing.

Your solution also fits that initial report - by disallowing barrels in the stockpile, you kicked them out of the stockpile, so they are not transferred from a stockpile to another, but rather free standing barrels that got put into a stockpile.

Deathworks

Shoku

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #498 on: April 04, 2010, 02:20:42 am »

Apparently I can't use any kind of water as a water source.

I can fish from them, but that's it. Can't designate any areas as a water source, and that means I can't designate a pond area to irrigate an underground farm.

My dwarves also completely ignore water themselves, meaning they won't drink from it, and will just drop down dead once the booze runs out.

I was unable to reproduce this bug.

Embarking with no drink my dorfs waited until they were very thirsty but then grudgingly went to drink from the murky pool.

I also set up a 1 tile pond and filled it with a bucket brigade.

I suspect that you may be dealing with salt water.
While designating water source zones in underground water my dwarves would not go fill a bucket and take it to my injured mechanic. The zone itself registered as having 6 functional tiles of water source and back in 40d it would show 0 for salt water so I know the stuff was freshwater.

Some of us never used anything but the in-game menu.
How bizarre.

Also: I've got a different sort of pathfinding bug. I saw an underground layer that abruptly jumped 3 levels for just a small section. This cut off a section near the edge of the map, though other parts of the cavern snaked around an joined up.
Oh, and no ramps at this thing.

Even more iron man fun: iron man severed parts rot, they probably shouldn't, considering they're iron.
Your refuse rots?

Please get involved with my making worlds thread.

Sean Mirrsen

• Bay Watcher
  • Bearer of the Psionic Flame
    • View Profile
« Reply #499 on: April 04, 2010, 03:05:48 am »

Mine does, aboveground. The refuse pile I've set up doesn't quite get filled, even though dwarves keep lugging freshly killed corpses of trespassing insects onto it.

Haven't tried an underground refuse pile yet.
Multiworld Madness Archive:
Game One, Discontinued at World 3.
Game Two, Discontinued at World 1.

"Europe has to grow out of the mindset that Europe's problems are the world's problems, but the world's problems are not Europe's problems."
- Subrahmanyam Jaishankar, Minister of External Affairs, India

SirHoneyBadger

• Bay Watcher
  • Beware those who would keep knowledge from you.
    • View Profile
« Reply #500 on: April 04, 2010, 03:10:20 am »

I had a weird bug today where all of my dwarfs, along with cats, dogs, and donkey, mysteriously and systematically bled to death, until my Fortress was no more.

No sign of any creatures, or diseases. It also happened to two separated groups, at about the same time. One was near a river, while the other was gathered around my wagon.
For they would be your masters.

Proteus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #501 on: April 04, 2010, 03:10:54 am »

Something I would call  either an oddity, or a bug with cavern generation...
I made a new expedition and embarked towards  a mountaineous area (with very steep mountains)
and  immediately after arrival (and initial save) got informed that a section of the cavern (at level -17) has collapsed.

Ookpik

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #502 on: April 04, 2010, 03:25:15 am »

Second, butchering a cow produced enough stuff to bring the butchery up to maximum clutter by itself.

Third, among the contents of said butchering, I came across this:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

HYPER BONUS EDIT: Butchering a horse also caused massive amounts of clutter, and also produced sweetbread (albeit of the horse variety).

Are you saying animals shouldn't produce sweetbreads?  You may want to remind yourself what sweetbread means:

http://www.google.ca/search?hl=en-GB&q=define%3Asweetbread&sourceid=navclient-ff&rlz=1B3GGGL_en-GBCA337CA337&ie=UTF-8

g+@@T@+

The intruder arose, casting off its black cloak.  "Behold, stunted jesters!  It is I, Scuro!"  A jagged scar marked the goblin's face from eye to chin, his greasy mane gray and wild, and about his neck was the broken silver amulet, strapped together by a leather band.

Ookpik

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #503 on: April 04, 2010, 03:49:05 am »

Issue when alt-tabbing out and back in causes the screen size to keep getting bigger and bigger (and thus less and less fitting on the screen) on my Vista laptop.

This happens to me, too, but I've always had trouble with alt-tabbing DF in Vista.  I find that hitting F11 twice (i.e., switching window sizes then switching them back) is a suitable workaround.
g+@@T@+

The intruder arose, casting off its black cloak.  "Behold, stunted jesters!  It is I, Scuro!"  A jagged scar marked the goblin's face from eye to chin, his greasy mane gray and wild, and about his neck was the broken silver amulet, strapped together by a leather band.

hachnslay

• Bay Watcher
  • 09 F9 11 02 9D 74 E3 5B D8 41 56 C5 63 56 88 C0
    • View Profile
« Reply #504 on: April 04, 2010, 03:56:35 am »

got my first game breaking one.
I wanted to assign my expedition leader to medical duty during embark.
this are his skills:
Spoiler: skills in spoiler (click to show/hide)
and these are the results:
Spoiler: result1 (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: result2 (click to show/hide)
diagnosis: giving one dwarf administrative abilities in more than one field during embark crashes the nobles system.
can anyone confirm?
Beware of he who would deny you access to information, for in his heart he dreams himself your master
--Alpha Centauri ,Pravin Lal

Termy

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #505 on: April 04, 2010, 03:57:49 am »

Game runs well for me in WINE (better in fact than in native Windows 7 for me) unless I full-screen, which kills FPS, even if I switch it back. Once I do this, it stays like this even if I restart DF until I restart the OS. Doesn't happen in W7 (but my FPS is already moderately low there.)

Drunken

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #506 on: April 04, 2010, 05:12:30 am »

Quivers can't be equipped to soldiers. Whatever the mechinism for deciding wether a soldier should carry a quiver or not, it is not working perfectly, and when it fails there is no way to assign one. My military commander was a hunter and so he embarked with a quiver and a crossbow. When I made him commander and fiddled with his equipment a bit to test out the new military features at some point he dropped it. This is a bug but it wouldn't be a problem if I could get him to pick it up again. As it currently stands I can't.

edit: after trying to remove everyone from my military and start from scratch I eventually got him to pick one up.
« Last Edit: April 04, 2010, 05:23:06 am by Drunken »
A stopped clock is right for exactly two infinitessimal moments every day.
A working clock on the other hand is almost never ever exactly right.

Torham

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #507 on: April 04, 2010, 05:52:16 am »

ok ppl with the body parts bug ( dwarf gets a fey mood, requesting body parts), its actually much more tame than you imagine.
I just had a fey mood and the dwarf was requesting rock bars and body parts. He was quite happy to accept iron bar and a dog bone ( young puppy was butchered for this purpose). He produced Iron buckler adored with hanging rings of dog bone.
I, for one, welcome our new Pony Overlords.

UberNube

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #508 on: April 04, 2010, 10:27:49 am »

I just found "A smear of  's horse blood" next to my well. I assume it was walked in by one of the dwarves.

Also, somewhat related, it seems caravans have a high probability (>20%) of spawning very close to an ambush party and getting into a fight before they even get half way to the fortress.
This guy gets it, the problem with the child torture dungeon is that they weren't set on fire first.

FGK dwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #509 on: April 04, 2010, 10:54:40 am »

got my first game breaking one.
I wanted to assign my expedition leader to medical duty during embark.
this are his skills:
Spoiler: skills in spoiler (click to show/hide)
and these are the results:
Spoiler: result1 (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: result2 (click to show/hide)
diagnosis: giving one dwarf administrative abilities in more than one field during embark crashes the nobles system.
can anyone confirm?

No...I've routinely given my leader/broker/bookkeeper medical skills, and haven't had these problems.

Found another bug though:
Genned a new world, and loaded my saved embark profile. I was informed that cave fish and lobsters were unavailable. However, I can still buy them from the fish menu!
Pages: 1 ... 32 33 [34] 35 36 ... 38