Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 31 32 [33] 34 35 ... 38

Author Topic: [BUGS] 0.31.01 bugs  (Read 78113 times)

Sphalerite

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Drew's Robots and stuff
Re: [BUGS] 0.31.01 bugs
« Reply #480 on: April 03, 2010, 08:09:58 pm »

Bugs I have noticed:

Unicorns give birth now.  Their babies are called elk.  Appears to be a mislabeling in the raws as opposed to actually giving birth to a different species.

Immigrants arrived in the first summer, before seeing any caravans or trade liasons.  With the immigrants arrived five horse foals which were not the pets of any of the immigrants.

Mermaids spawned in the serene ocean, swam around for a bit, then erupted in massive amounts of blood and died for no apparent reason.  No, they didn't air-drown - they were still in the ocean - and as far as I can tell nothing attacked them.

Trying to build a door in a one tile wide hallway gave me the message "no access to door" despite the hallway ending at the furniture stockpile with doors in it.  At the same time miners at one end of the hallway were stuck with "No Job" despite mining being designated at the other end of the hallway.  Saving, quitting, and reloading fixed those problems.  Seems to be a common problem with pathfinding - the connectivity map is getting munged and you have to save and reload to fix it.

The meeting area I designated on the surface has the warning label 'hot'.  So does the one I designated a layer down, and the one I designated five Z-layers underground in solid rock.  Used to be that even if the surface was hot, a few layers down the temperatures would even out.  This doesn't seem to be causing any injuries or bad thoughts yet.
Any intelligent fool can make things bigger and more complex... It takes a touch of genius --- and a lot of courage to move in the opposite direction.

Astrul

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #481 on: April 03, 2010, 08:15:32 pm »

In adventure mode, three simultaneous announcements of drowning occured soon after entering a human town from Travel mode. Found the 3 dead in the pool of the towns temple. All three were priests, and I suspect that they were spawned inside the pool when I arrived.

On a unrelated note, Legends mode is sweet. Attacked a goblins Dark Fortress, died, checked legends to see how that adventurer did, and noticed that the ruler of the fortress had impaled my body on a spear soon after my death. Awesome

Salabasama

• Bay Watcher
  • Cyber-elf
    • View Profile
« Reply #482 on: April 03, 2010, 08:16:47 pm »

Expedition leader became an "expedition leader" when he gained enough farming skill to become a farmer.  HE turned from purple to brown.

Edit:  Immigrant arrived as grand master armor smith.
« Last Edit: April 03, 2010, 08:26:15 pm by Salabasama »
I keep thinking glacier fortress would be fun, but it always ends up as cave layer fortress.

Omath Erius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #483 on: April 03, 2010, 09:04:54 pm »

First is an extension of previously reported bug, taken to its extreme:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Second, butchering a cow produced enough stuff to bring the butchery up to maximum clutter by itself.

Third, among the contents of said butchering, I came across this:

HYPER BONUS EDIT: Butchering a horse also caused massive amounts of clutter, and also produced sweetbread (albeit of the horse variety).
« Last Edit: April 03, 2010, 09:10:30 pm by Omath Erius »
fhalkgsuehgvnl gherghlirhb

sethwick

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #484 on: April 03, 2010, 09:13:25 pm »

Okay, I have not gotten a lot of the bugs others have been report, but I just started getting the "Miners dig some tiles then stop mining" bug. The designation doesn't go away, there is no announcement, they just stop mining and show "No Job." Sometimes adding new mining designations elsewhere breaks this, and they'll mine anywhere from a few to a few dozen tiles and then stop again. Saving and restarting also makes them start working again, but they will quickly stop again when I reload.

The only difference between this site and my others is this one has no river. Also, when I started it was raining, and although it caused no damage I thought it might be somehow related, but they still refuse to work when it's not raining.

Update: okay now they seem fine. Maybe saving and reloading after the rain stopped did it, I don't know.
« Last Edit: April 03, 2010, 09:21:57 pm by sethwick »

Sutremaine

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:ATROCITY: PERSONAL_MATTER]
    • View Profile
« Reply #485 on: April 03, 2010, 09:15:00 pm »

Sweetbread is either the thymus gland or the pancreas. IRL, calf and lamb sweetbreads are the ones most commonly consumed.
I am trying to make chickens lay bees as eggs. So far it only produces a single "Tame Small Creature" when a hen lays bees.
Honestly at the time, I didn't see what could go wrong with crowding 80 military Dwarves into a small room with a necromancer for the purpose of making bacon.

Mattex

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #486 on: April 03, 2010, 09:33:56 pm »

Something Ive seen - or done wrong.

Pumps (at least the ones pumping from the east) Do not work correctly, I had a waterfall fall through my hall and down into a chamber where the pumps where meant to pump it out.

Instead the water got blocked by the pumps and backed up + flooded my hall.

The pumps had double the power needed and were powered at all times by windmills and to be sure i even manually pumped them with no luck.

I wonder if pumps work in any other direction?
Quote from: Mattex
God i hated him. He burned, burned like those elven traders. "Hows THAT for magma-safe!"
Mattex McGamer Cancels Life: Interrupted by Dwarf Fortress

Patarak

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #487 on: April 03, 2010, 09:35:21 pm »

I've observed a bronze colossi throwing a chimp using its upper arm. I think this may have been in the old version but I'm not sure.

Psieye

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #488 on: April 03, 2010, 09:39:01 pm »

Ok, crashed that first fort deep underground and got to experience some intensive combat. So intensive in fact, that my recruit became legendary within real-time seconds of combat. Too much EXP per action? I know units go through a flurry of combat moves within those seconds, but it still seems very weird for a dwarf to become legendary at some combat skill within an in-game day with no prior experience beforehand. Mind you, these insta-legendaries died moments after turning legendary, but that's besides the point.

Oh and for those who want to get to the HFS but have a bit of trouble as I had:

HFS and don't-know-if-bug about them:
Military Training EXP Analysis
Congrats, Psieye. This is the first time I've seen a derailed thread get put back on the rails.

Draxxalon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #489 on: April 03, 2010, 09:44:04 pm »

Third, among the contents of said butchering, I came across this:

HYPER BONUS EDIT: Butchering a horse also caused massive amounts of clutter, and also produced sweetbread (albeit of the horse variety).

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sweetbread

Sweetbread isnt a bug... it's what you call certain organs when they are prepared for eating.

monk12

• Bay Watcher
  • Sorry, I AM a coyote
    • View Profile
« Reply #490 on: April 03, 2010, 10:29:08 pm »

Well, 2 things that may or may not be bugs.

One, several goats somehow got into the bowels of my fortress. I had been paying attention to digging designations on the other side of the fort, and only noticed the goat's arrival due to a flurry of job cancellations. Either they are very stealthy ninja goats who managed to make it all the way to the workshop area before being spotted by a dwarf on an errand, or they somehow teleported in there.

Two, in the hilarious mad dash of military might trying to catch the goats and beat them to a bloody pulp, a macedwarf managed to lodge his mace in the lower body of one of the goats. Unless I am very much mistaken, maces are bludgeoning weapons and should really have a ridiculously low chance of getting stuck in goatflesh.

Footkerchief

• Bay Watcher
  • The Juffo-Wup is strong in this place.
    • View Profile
« Reply #491 on: April 03, 2010, 10:31:42 pm »

One, several goats somehow got into the bowels of my fortress. I had been paying attention to digging designations on the other side of the fort, and only noticed the goat's arrival due to a flurry of job cancellations. Either they are very stealthy ninja goats who managed to make it all the way to the workshop area before being spotted by a dwarf on an errand, or they somehow teleported in there.

What are the dimensions of your embark area?

monk12

• Bay Watcher
  • Sorry, I AM a coyote
    • View Profile
« Reply #492 on: April 03, 2010, 10:47:11 pm »

What are the dimensions of your embark area?

4x4, so it shouldn't be the known teleportation bug. And thank Armok, as elephants appearing in my workshops would be Fun indeed.

Captain Mayday

• Bay Watcher
  • A Special Kind of Terrible
    • View Profile
« Reply #493 on: April 03, 2010, 11:43:10 pm »

syntax error located:
"you are caught in a burst of giant boiling blood'
where giant is the creature whose blood it is.
Would sound better as 'you are caught in a burst of boiling giant blood"

Oh, and Giants have their caste names around the wrong way, with giants being female, and giantesses being male.
Why not join us on IRC? irc.newnet.net #bay12games

Karlito

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #494 on: April 04, 2010, 12:50:19 am »

Dwarves wear thick clothing. (Contains HFS)
This sentence contains exactly threee erors.
Pages: 1 ... 31 32 [33] 34 35 ... 38