Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 29 30 [31] 32 33 ... 38

Author Topic: [BUGS] 0.31.01 bugs  (Read 78159 times)

Zeg

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: [BUGS] 0.31.01 bugs
« Reply #450 on: April 03, 2010, 02:02:43 pm »

The attempt to create rock short swords results in wood short swords being produced. MY DWARVES ARE NO GODDAMN ELVES GODDAMN :D

Seconding, this happened to my fiance in his fort

'Rock' swords have always been made like this. It's a wood handle with an obsidian 'edge'. If, however, it wasn't actually made by bringing wood and obsidian specifcally to the workshop, or if it just produces a wooden sword with no rock component, then that might be a bug.

MagmaTwelve

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #451 on: April 03, 2010, 02:05:52 pm »

Even more iron man fun: iron man severed parts rot, they probably shouldn't, considering they're iron.

bhamv

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #452 on: April 03, 2010, 02:08:35 pm »

Found this in Arena mode, not sure if it also applies in Adventure and Fortress mode:

There's no message when you control a unit in Arena mode and attempt to break a joint.  The joint gets bruised or broken, but there's no message.  Grabbing and locking are fine.

This is a copy of the relevant battle from gamelog.txt, with the exception of the upper case "BREAK ATTEMPT" entries, those were inserted by me, to show where I attempted a joint break (and, by extension, where the message is missing).

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

This is the elf's would description after that particular encounter, to show that all four joints were either broken or injured by my attacks:

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Addendum:  This also appears to be the case for body parts removed or broken open by pinching.  You'll pinch the body part, and it'll detach or break open properly, but there's no message.  This can be easily tested by spawning a Bronze Colossus and a victim (say, an elf) in Arena mode.  Since the BC is so big, it'll tear off body parts with pretty much every pinch.  It also applies to other, smaller creatures though, such as dwarves; rendering your victim unconscious first is a good way to reliably detach body parts through pinching, though it also works if they're conscious, just not as efficient or reliable.

Termy

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #453 on: April 03, 2010, 02:11:55 pm »

Besides a number of already mentioned bugs (but no crashes yet), I've had the following: (apologies if they have been mentioned, I only glanced through the posts)
In Dwarf Fortress Mode, immediately after appointing an appraiser, I noticed that Cave Fish (3) had appeared as forbidden in my stocks. When I zoomed to it, it was several levels down in an unexplored area. I was able to unforbid it and it still appears in my stocks list, though it is still in an unexplored area. I also have a large number of remains from unexplored areas appearing in my stocks list.

Also in Fortress mode, one dwarf in particular keeps sleeping on the ground next to a free bed in the dormitory. He is complaining about sleeping without a proper room, but not specifically about sleeping on the floor.

In Arena Mode, a damaged iron man finished beating a gorilla to death, when it suddenly took off to the north-west at an incredible speed and was killed in a collision "with an object". Even if iron men are supposed to walk into walls and die, I suspect this is a bug due to the sheer speed of his movement. I've not been able to replicate this.

Also had a single unarmed elephant with no skills successfully fight off a few waves of dragons with minor damage, also unable to replicate this. Running it on Linux with WINE, if that matters.

abadidea

• Bay Watcher
  • [IS_8BIT_PROGRAMMER]
    • View Profile
    • 0xabad1dea
« Reply #454 on: April 03, 2010, 02:16:30 pm »

The attempt to create rock short swords results in wood short swords being produced. MY DWARVES ARE NO GODDAMN ELVES GODDAMN :D

Seconding, this happened to my fiance in his fort

'Rock' swords have always been made like this. It's a wood handle with an obsidian 'edge'. If, however, it wasn't actually made by bringing wood and obsidian specifcally to the workshop, or if it just produces a wooden sword with no rock component, then that might be a bug.

My fiance insists that the entire sword is made only of wood.
ABadIdea likes bandfire opal, black opal, claro opal, crystal opal, fire opal, harlequin opal, jelly opal, levin opal, pinfire opal, precious fire opal, red flash opal, white opal, and microcline for its vibrant hue.

glory in the thunder, resplendent in the sky <-- I wrote a whole novel. There will be more.

Orkel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #455 on: April 03, 2010, 02:18:32 pm »

Posted about this before, but here is the condensed bug report:

The doctor goes to suture, but never finishes it, leaving the thread onto the patient or next to him, goes away and comes back to do the same thing a while after. Removing the bed helped a bit, as he managed to suture him but now it does the same thing with dressing the wound. Removing the bed also has the effect of the patient going to work normally with normal speed, even with an untreated (needs immobilization) shattered leg, arm and hip bones.
« Last Edit: April 03, 2010, 02:20:36 pm by Orkel »
Quote from: madjoe5
Dwarf Fortress: The game in which people place abducted children in a furnace to see what happens.

Myroc

• Bay Watcher
  • Lurking Skeleton
    • View Profile
« Reply #456 on: April 03, 2010, 02:34:16 pm »

Also had a single unarmed elephant with no skills successfully fight off a few waves of dragons with minor damage, also unable to replicate this. Running it on Linux with WINE, if that matters.
They return.

And they seek vengeance.
We all have problems. Some people just have more awesome problems than others.
Getting angry is fun. Getting angry over petty things even better.

Steely Glint

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #457 on: April 03, 2010, 02:36:14 pm »

Selecting "Auto Fishery" or "Auto Kitchen" in the Workshop Orders menu does nothing. Selecting "Auto Butcher" toggles auto for butchery, fishery, and kitchen. I don't know if this is a superficial bug that just affects the display of this window, or if it actually toggles these automatic functions.

se5a

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #458 on: April 03, 2010, 02:38:26 pm »

On a reclaim fortress game, buildings sometimes get suspended due to "Item blocking site."
the offending item is not Forbidden, and attempting to Dump it does nothing. (yes I've got dwarfs with the refuse labor, and have a dump zone.)

This also used to happen in the last version IIRC.

EDIT:
Scratch that, it happens when there's another building requiring the stone. annoyingly though, there's no easy way to tell which building it is that's trying to use the stone that is stopping you build the current one.
« Last Edit: April 03, 2010, 08:46:16 pm by se5a »

monk12

• Bay Watcher
  • Sorry, I AM a coyote
    • View Profile
« Reply #459 on: April 03, 2010, 02:39:23 pm »

They return.

And they seek vengeance.

I've got the opposite problem. Set a dwarf to hunt, and he went off to collect is crossbow and his bolts, and then set his sights on an Elephant herd. After filling the elephant with some 96 bronze bolts from pointblank range, he ran out of ammo and wandered back to the meeting hall to chill. The elephant never fought back even from melee range, and despite several mangled limbs and bolts lodged everywhere from his rear legs to his head he managed to wander around the entire map bleeding everywhere. He died about a month later, after repeatedly passing out on top of a mountain from pain.

Walliard

• Bay Watcher
  • On Break
    • View Profile
« Reply #460 on: April 03, 2010, 03:04:10 pm »

I like that blood tracks which historical figure it's from, but it gets a bit overwhelming at times:

Toady, how much of DF is inspired by Labyrinth? Is Armok actually David Bowie? Because that would simultaneously be disturbing and awesome.

UberNube

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #461 on: April 03, 2010, 03:39:10 pm »

Another bug that may have already been reported:

In a smelter (only tested non-magma so far), all the "make * from *" options have " (a)" after them, and pressing 'a' simply selects the first one (coke from bituminous coal). I assume they are meant to be lettered a,b,c,d,etc
This guy gets it, the problem with the child torture dungeon is that they weren't set on fire first.

Realmfighter

• Bay Watcher
  • Yeaah?
    • View Profile
« Reply #462 on: April 03, 2010, 03:57:49 pm »

There is a weird path finding quirk that cause's my dwarf to randomly refuse to acknowledge the existence of a path to there bed/food/work material.
We may not be as brave as Gryffindor, as willing to get our hands dirty as Hufflepuff, or as devious as Slytherin, but there is nothing, nothing more dangerous than a little too much knowledge and a conscience that is open to debate

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #463 on: April 03, 2010, 04:03:03 pm »

Another bug that may have already been reported:

In a smelter (only tested non-magma so far), all the "make * from *" options have " (a)" after them, and pressing 'a' simply selects the first one (coke from bituminous coal). I assume they are meant to be lettered a,b,c,d,etc
I can confirm this.
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

HastyLumbago

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #464 on: April 03, 2010, 04:21:24 pm »

Not technically a bug per se, but what was the rationale behind changing the "I'm done designating things/looking at things so please end that action and unpause the game" button from space to escape, while leaving the "I'd like to unpause the game after having myself paused it" button as space, and leaving the "switch to the quit/save/change volume" button as escape?

This change has me teetering on the edge of tantruming all by itself. can we have that changed back? On top of being a basic change in the way the keyboard commands flow, it's also ergonomically unsound.

Be the Ultimate Ninja! Play Billy Vs. SNAKEMAN today! And Join Nist Akath Village! We Need Dorfs!
Pages: 1 ... 29 30 [31] 32 33 ... 38