Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 28 29 [30] 31 32 ... 38

Author Topic: [BUGS] 0.31.01 bugs  (Read 78124 times)

Dr. Hieronymous Alloy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: [BUGS] 0.31.01 bugs
« Reply #435 on: April 03, 2010, 11:02:41 am »

Site finder always crashes for me -- running windows 7. Gives a microsoft C++ runtime error.

Cranking "caves" high up in worldgen makes my civilizations unable to access one another.

Pizdzius

• Bay Watcher
  • Piz, Engraver - Attending Ark Project
    • View Profile
    • My webcomic
« Reply #436 on: April 03, 2010, 11:07:56 am »

Hey! I only played adventure mode so far and in a first minute of the game I manage to kill a dragon without getting hit even once. The dragon slayed queen's family of a Dwarven Civilisation whose fortress is smashed into pieces (the entrance to their fortress is crashed)

The dragon missed me few times in a row, thus allowing me to tear his legs apart and made him bled to death. Not very... thrilling adventure I must say. Seems like my Sirmiqov is impossible to hit.

Also going by a dwarven road I noticed that when sometimes they go down from a slope, there's no way to get on the lower z-level, unless you go around. Then it works, when you climb up the ramp, the slope going down appears.

Also, really, being unable to esc from the embark screen is frustrating.

Greiger

• Bay Watcher
  • Reptilian Illuminati member. Keep it secret.
    • View Profile
« Reply #437 on: April 03, 2010, 11:22:35 am »

[MODDING RELATED]

A creature with a materiel breath attack will spam it choosing to keep firing at a target instead of close to melee.  Which seems to be intentional and is rather nice.
However when an opponent enters the tile adjacent to it it continues to spam the material breath attack despite being within melee range.  Only when the two creatures are sharing the same tile will the creature with the materiel breath use their melee attacks.
Disclaimer: Not responsible for dwarven deaths from the use or misuse of this post.
I don't need friends!! I've got knives!!!

shadow_archmagi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #438 on: April 03, 2010, 11:26:53 am »

I set some military dwarves out to kill horses. None of them were at all injured, but they were hungry and thirsty afterwords.

One horse apparently took 16 days to kill, and had a combat report 107 pages long. The weapons used were: A copper pick, and an iron crossbow with no bolts.
invention is every dwarf's middle name
that means that somewhere out there theres a dwarf named Urist Invention Mcinvention.

Sutremaine

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:ATROCITY: PERSONAL_MATTER]
    • View Profile
« Reply #439 on: April 03, 2010, 11:27:53 am »

Some of us never used anything but the in-game menu.
True, but a dwarf with Wood Burning as their highest skill would be coloured brown and listed under Farmers in the z-screen. Not that you'd normally have a dwarf listed as that profession for long, I admit...

Minor bug: workshop orders for butcher, fishery, and 'kitchen' (ie. fat rendering, as far as I can tell) are messed up. Toggling fishing and kitchen does nothing, and toggling butcher toggles all three of these options.
I am trying to make chickens lay bees as eggs. So far it only produces a single "Tame Small Creature" when a hen lays bees.
Honestly at the time, I didn't see what could go wrong with crowding 80 military Dwarves into a small room with a necromancer for the purpose of making bacon.

UberNube

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #440 on: April 03, 2010, 12:08:19 pm »

Another bug found:

When naming a burrow it is impossible to enter numbers 12346789 (all except zero and 5) since they are set to move the cursor rather than enter text.
This guy gets it, the problem with the child torture dungeon is that they weren't set on fire first.

abadidea

• Bay Watcher
  • [IS_8BIT_PROGRAMMER]
    • View Profile
    • 0xabad1dea
« Reply #441 on: April 03, 2010, 12:11:02 pm »

The attempt to create rock short swords results in wood short swords being produced. MY DWARVES ARE NO GODDAMN ELVES GODDAMN :D

Seconding, this happened to my fiance in his fort
ABadIdea likes bandfire opal, black opal, claro opal, crystal opal, fire opal, harlequin opal, jelly opal, levin opal, pinfire opal, precious fire opal, red flash opal, white opal, and microcline for its vibrant hue.

glory in the thunder, resplendent in the sky <-- I wrote a whole novel. There will be more.

BodyGripper

• Bay Watcher
  • The dog is screaming.
    • View Profile
« Reply #442 on: April 03, 2010, 01:09:57 pm »

I haven't read the whole thread, but I searched this and didn't find anything:  Liquids seem to be last forever.  For example, I picked up some Longland beer.  Later, I dropped it, and picked it up again, but there was still beer on the ground.

Also, when I try to drop or eat something in my backpack, it empties the backpack onto the ground. 
"I'm sorry. I'm so sorry... It's okay to sell quivers..."
I just ripped open a lions throat by biting it. Who's the lion now, bitch!

Walliard

• Bay Watcher
  • On Break
    • View Profile
« Reply #443 on: April 03, 2010, 01:12:23 pm »

Island worlds don't seem to have anywhere for kobold civs to spawn.
Toady, how much of DF is inspired by Labyrinth? Is Armok actually David Bowie? Because that would simultaneously be disturbing and awesome.

Steely Glint

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #444 on: April 03, 2010, 01:31:32 pm »

I have a crash bug that I'm able to reproduce on one of my saves. Anyone want to see if it happens for them too?

I gave a squad (of 10) two orders: station at the entrance of my fort (2 min), and train (4 min). Though there were two at the gate as I desired, I didn't see any demonstrations or sparring taking place. I decided to remove the station order, and when I tried to copy and paste the new orders (just training) the game crashed when I hit paste.
« Last Edit: April 03, 2010, 01:36:41 pm by Steely Glint »

Cockyy

• Bay Watcher
  • Urist McDwarf cancels task: Interrupted by Vomit
    • View Profile
    • You're mother.
« Reply #445 on: April 03, 2010, 01:39:17 pm »

- batmen have "eye tooth" (probably a problem with animal men)!

It may have been said already but an "eye tooth" is a canine tooth. A sharp tooth for eating meat. Unless you already knew that and meant Animalmen shouldn't have any.
There was a signature here. Now it's gone.

;__;

InB4Desu

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #446 on: April 03, 2010, 01:45:42 pm »

Sorry if this has been mentioned, I've skimmed over the reports but don't have the time to check every single one.

Dwarves in my reclaimed fort refuse to touch any structure built by the previous settlers. They will not use them and will not dismantle them.
This is especially problematic in my designs, where every structure, including the Trade Depot, has its own alcove. These are now just wasted space thanks to immovable and useless structures occupying them.

MagmaTwelve

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #447 on: April 03, 2010, 01:51:32 pm »

When an Iron Man died, it left a masterful statue of dogs. Also, iron men, bronze colossi and other non-fleshy, non-bleeding creatures can only be killed when their thought body part is severed. This can be difficult.

As well as this, in the reports screen, when a creature tries to break the grasp of another but fails, it says "You are unable to break the grasp of * on your *!".

Edit: Some of the Iron Men's corpses turn out to be masterful "Iron statue of a  "'s. Also, iron men and maybe skeletal creatures can be killed by hacking them to pieces, preferably with battle axes.
« Last Edit: April 03, 2010, 02:04:20 pm by MagmaTwelve »

abadidea

• Bay Watcher
  • [IS_8BIT_PROGRAMMER]
    • View Profile
    • 0xabad1dea
« Reply #448 on: April 03, 2010, 01:55:45 pm »

Sorry if this has been mentioned, I've skimmed over the reports but don't have the time to check every single one.

Dwarves in my reclaimed fort refuse to touch any structure built by the previous settlers. They will not use them and will not dismantle them.
This is especially problematic in my designs, where every structure, including the Trade Depot, has its own alcove. These are now just wasted space thanks to immovable and useless structures occupying them.

Have you tried [d]esignate -> [ b ] -> [c]laim and drawn a rectangle over the old stuff
ABadIdea likes bandfire opal, black opal, claro opal, crystal opal, fire opal, harlequin opal, jelly opal, levin opal, pinfire opal, precious fire opal, red flash opal, white opal, and microcline for its vibrant hue.

glory in the thunder, resplendent in the sky <-- I wrote a whole novel. There will be more.

InB4Desu

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #449 on: April 03, 2010, 01:58:44 pm »

<_<
No...
No, I had not tried that. Nevermind me.
Pages: 1 ... 28 29 [30] 31 32 ... 38