Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 26 27 [28] 29 30 ... 38

Author Topic: [BUGS] 0.31.01 bugs  (Read 78222 times)

Malicus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: [BUGS] 0.31.01 bugs
« Reply #405 on: April 03, 2010, 02:59:23 am »

and it took me forever to find the Wood Burning labor because it was in Farming/related for some reason.

Wood burning was classified as a farming-related task before this.  Did you not use Dwarf Therapist or Manager and notice this before?

Lord Shonus

• Bay Watcher
  • Angle of Death
    • View Profile
« Reply #406 on: April 03, 2010, 03:42:03 am »

Some of us never used anything but the in-game menu.
On Giant In the Playground and Something Awful I am Gnoman.
Man, ninja'd by a potentially inebriated Lord Shonus. I was gonna say to burn it.

Binamrad

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #407 on: April 03, 2010, 04:03:40 am »

I had a weird crash bug related to hospitals and beds. After witnessing my in-the-last-minute recruited soldier defeating his berserk friend I went upstairs and removed the beds inside my hospital, and removed the hospital zone. I unpaused and two seconds later the game crashed.
I did the same thing again, yet another crash. The same thing happened the next time.
I then waited a while to see if it would occur without me removing the beds. It didn't. Then I tried to crash it again, but it stayed stable. After a while, though, I see a dwarf running up to the hospital. Instead of removing the bed, he goes to sleep in it. The game immediately crashed.
Beds not in a hospital/ex-hospital that are about to be deconstructed doesn't seem to crash the game.

I haven't noticed any fish in the game yet.

There are a lot of giant cave spider nets in the first underground level, but no such spiders as far as I have noticed.

Things seem to take a long time to rot away.

Are lakes supposed to flicker this much? The reflection effect or whatever it's supposed to be is all over the place, but it's my first time embarking at a lake so this might be natural. I'm pretty sure it shouldn't be present at the bottom of the lake however.
Also my Captain of the Guard wants a suite but I can't assign him to any object.
Nevermind, turns out her upper body was missing.

Psieye

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #408 on: April 03, 2010, 04:07:42 am »

I tried to make Leather Waterskins. I got no-material Flasks instead, which none of my soldiers have claimed so I presume they want waterskins for their drinks.
Military Training EXP Analysis
Congrats, Psieye. This is the first time I've seen a derailed thread get put back on the rails.

Torham

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #409 on: April 03, 2010, 04:45:51 am »

My friend has got a possible new one, im not sure if its a bug or a feature but:

-many wilderness animals now have PET_EXOTIC tag, rendering them untammable in the kennels. This includes, but is not limited to deer, fox, wolf, racoon, cougar ( all of them were ordinary tammable creatures in previous version)
Mountain goat is tammable in kennels, so its kinda wierd to have dungeon master to have to tame deer or fox.
I, for one, welcome our new Pony Overlords.

Grek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #410 on: April 03, 2010, 04:55:07 am »

I just took an adventurer swimming across an artic ocean. When dawn broke, the entire ocean froze instantly, intraping my adventurer in ice.

Torham

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #411 on: April 03, 2010, 04:59:22 am »

I just took an adventurer swimming across an artic ocean. When dawn broke, the entire ocean froze instantly, intraping my adventurer in ice.
that is a feature, in adventure mode water freezes overnight, rather than on a yearly basis.
I, for one, welcome our new Pony Overlords.

Akroma

• Bay Watcher
  • Death and I, we have an understanding
    • View Profile
« Reply #412 on: April 03, 2010, 05:04:13 am »

killing an iron man caused him to drop a statue of a giant cave spider

I am pretty sure that is not supposed to happen
Find comfort in that most people of intelligence jeer at the inmost mysteries, if superior minds were ever placed in fullest contact with the secrets preserved by
 ancient and lowly cults, the resultant abnormalities would soon not only wreck the world, but threathen the very ingerity of the cosmos

Grek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #413 on: April 03, 2010, 05:29:33 am »

that is a feature, in adventure mode water freezes overnight, rather than on a yearly basis.

Oceans of salty water should not freeze solid under any normal circumstances.

Xieg

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #414 on: April 03, 2010, 05:40:57 am »

-Sheriff punishes soldiers for sparring damage.

Having finally figured out the military window, I gleefully set my first squad to train under my militia commander.  For the first few seasons they went through demonstrations.  When the commander deemed it appropriate, they started sparring.  About the time some recruits were becoming Swordsdwarves.  Then the usual sparring injury occurred.  And at that point my sheriff waltzes up to the sparring pair and puts his pick through the head of the injurer.  Looking in the justice screen it appears he punished the swordwarf for injuring his sparring partner.  This happened again to another sparring pair.

Cheeetar

• Bay Watcher
  • Spaceghost Perpetrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #415 on: April 03, 2010, 06:09:30 am »

-Barrel made out of Saguaro Rib.
Spoiler: image (click to show/hide)

-Migrant arrives with skill 'adequate crutch-walker', has no need for a crutch.

Spoiler: images (click to show/hide)
I've played some mafia.

Most of the time when someone is described as politically correct they are simply correct.

Haspen

• Bay Watcher
  • Cthuwu
    • View Profile
« Reply #416 on: April 03, 2010, 06:43:34 am »

Saguaro rib isn't a crature thing, but WOOD.

There was a post about 'saguaro ribs' in real world and so on.

Go check.
SigFlags!
Quote from: Draignean@Spamkingdom+
Truly, we have the most uniquely talented spy network in all existence.
Quote from: mightymushroom@Spamkingdom#
Please tell me the Royal Physician didn't go to the same college as the Spymaster.

Orkel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #417 on: April 03, 2010, 07:00:39 am »

Should sharp attacks bruise things? Is that intentional?

Yes, it's a chunk of metal hitting afterall so if it doesn't cut for some reason (like armor, or if it's a weak strike, cloth) it can just bruise it through them.
Quote from: madjoe5
Dwarf Fortress: The game in which people place abducted children in a furnace to see what happens.

Rafal99

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #418 on: April 03, 2010, 07:01:01 am »

I can't make any shell items. Tried gauntlets, greaves and crafts. Dwarf brings shell to the workshop, works for a quick moment, then the task disappears without any cancellation message, shell stays untouched and nothing is produced.
Making items from bones works just fine.
The spinning Tantrum Spiral strikes The Fortress in the meeting hall!
It explodes in gore!
The Fortress has been struck down.

Orkel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #419 on: April 03, 2010, 07:05:46 am »

I have gypsum plaster bags but I don't know why my dwarves aren't taking them to the hospital zone. No matter how many chests I make they get filled with other things or not at all.
Quote from: madjoe5
Dwarf Fortress: The game in which people place abducted children in a furnace to see what happens.
Pages: 1 ... 26 27 [28] 29 30 ... 38