Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 22 23 [24] 25 26 ... 38

Author Topic: [BUGS] 0.31.01 bugs  (Read 78198 times)

Bryan Derksen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: [BUGS] 0.31.01 bugs
« Reply #345 on: April 02, 2010, 07:34:48 pm »

I can reliably cause a crash on the military schedule screen order list. Go to the military schedule screen (m), select schedule (s), then go to the order list (tab). If you then press either page secondary selector up or page secondary selector down (I've remapped them to [ and ]) the game will crash.

The only mod I'm using is a graphic set.

Cajoes

• Bay Watcher
  • "I'm a damn cat."
    • View Profile
    • http://none
« Reply #346 on: April 02, 2010, 07:38:43 pm »

Reptile men appear to bleed to death when exposed to heat or water.
Quote from: Roman Proverb
Do not argue against the sun. For it is a lot brighter than you are.

Empty

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #347 on: April 02, 2010, 07:44:53 pm »

I think my expedition leader died to an infection after a 1 tile cavein.

The noble roles on the noble screen have disappeared. Just got my first caravan and the laison left unhappily possibly due to there being no expedition leader.

No broker for me it seems :(

abadidea

• Bay Watcher
  • [IS_8BIT_PROGRAMMER]
    • View Profile
    • 0xabad1dea
« Reply #348 on: April 02, 2010, 08:08:04 pm »

I'd like to second getting iron artifacts at the craft shop with no iron having been found. Just took some shell and wood and presto, idol decorated with bands of iron.
ABadIdea likes bandfire opal, black opal, claro opal, crystal opal, fire opal, harlequin opal, jelly opal, levin opal, pinfire opal, precious fire opal, red flash opal, white opal, and microcline for its vibrant hue.

glory in the thunder, resplendent in the sky <-- I wrote a whole novel. There will be more.

shadow_archmagi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #349 on: April 02, 2010, 08:09:45 pm »

I'd like to second getting iron artifacts at the craft shop with no iron having been found. Just took some shell and wood and presto, idol decorated with bands of iron.

Dwarf Fortress Magic! ;D
invention is every dwarf's middle name
that means that somewhere out there theres a dwarf named Urist Invention Mcinvention.

Zruku

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #350 on: April 02, 2010, 08:14:02 pm »

I've noticed a lot of the time workers will just sit around without doing anything listed as No Job even though there are a bunch of jobs for them to do.
Also, my dwarves keep wandering into to the caves to clean something, but just stop and lose interest halfway and walk back to the fort.
« Last Edit: April 02, 2010, 08:15:47 pm by Zruku »

madjoe5

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #351 on: April 02, 2010, 08:29:10 pm »

I am also getting some common ones (remains not rotting and some grammar problems).

Idk about everyone else, but migrants have huge variety of skills. I have a blacksmith who came with soap making, a mason who came with high master (!) masonry, a planter with novice skill in nearly every weapon and some other weird combos.

Also, whats the difference between bowdwarf skill and archer skill?

Empty

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #352 on: April 02, 2010, 08:36:43 pm »

I've noticed a lot of the time workers will just sit around without doing anything listed as No Job even though there are a bunch of jobs for them to do.
Also, my dwarves keep wandering into to the caves to clean something, but just stop and lose interest halfway and walk back to the fort.

Maybe you assigned them to a burrow?

They'll only ever do things in the burrow space.

If the item they need for a job is 1 space outside the burrow they won't do it.

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #353 on: April 02, 2010, 08:42:52 pm »

whats the difference between bowdwarf skill and archer skill?
in the arena, a bowdwarf became dabbling in Archer for shooting. so, I'd say Bowdwarf is the weapon skill and Archer is the ranged attack skill.
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

Nerdgasmic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #354 on: April 02, 2010, 09:00:25 pm »

Has anyone else tried saving? My copies of the game are not able to save any game data.

Patarak

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #355 on: April 02, 2010, 09:07:08 pm »

So this has probably been posted already, but bones probably shouldn't have tendons.

I mean, I'm not a doctor or anything. They might.

EDIT: Turns out I don't know what a tendon is!
« Last Edit: April 02, 2010, 09:12:51 pm by Patarak »

Zruku

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #356 on: April 02, 2010, 09:09:09 pm »

Maybe you assigned them to a burrow?

They'll only ever do things in the burrow space.

If the item they need for a job is 1 space outside the burrow they won't do it.
I haven't even bothered with burrows yet so that doesn't answer the question. It might be the fact that they are injured.

madjoe5

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #357 on: April 02, 2010, 09:10:15 pm »

whats the difference between bowdwarf skill and archer skill?
in the arena, a bowdwarf became dabbling in Archer for shooting. so, I'd say Bowdwarf is the weapon skill and Archer is the ranged attack skill.

Confirmed. It levels up due to using a crossbow, bow, blowgun or throwing something. I just tested it in my arena. I presume it makes said skills more deadly as well.

Intelligent Shade of Blue

• Bay Watcher
  • Sanity Loss: 0/1d4 points
    • View Profile
« Reply #358 on: April 02, 2010, 09:18:24 pm »

Okay, so after encountering a bronze colossus and getting his ass kicked, my adventurer left his companions behind as bait and fled. After evading the BC, I decided to check his wounds...

Yeah, both of his legs were shattered. However, he was walking along at his normal speed just fine, ignoring the fact that he should be in a wheelchair...
[COLOR:PRUSSIAN_BLUE]
[NAME:ISoB]
[RGB:0:49:83]

Lord Dakoth

• Bay Watcher
  • That's a hammerin'.
    • View Profile
« Reply #359 on: April 02, 2010, 09:24:01 pm »

Possibly deserving of it's own thread, I may have a way to create a version of PlanePacked: If you wait for a dwarf to be mooded then have their workshop in a banned area (using burrows) and then  have a certain material unavailable, then they will continue to collect other materials indefinitely. For example, this artifact currently will contain about 8 granite rocks, when it was only meant to have a single rock in it.

Old news. Have you ever heard of Broiledprinces? Didn't think so.

...I just got an immigrant who was a High Master Mason. Is that supposed to happen?
Avatar by legendary engraver /u/Redicno of reddit.
Pages: 1 ... 22 23 [24] 25 26 ... 38