Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 21 22 [23] 24 25 ... 38

Author Topic: [BUGS] 0.31.01 bugs  (Read 78252 times)

Footkerchief

• Bay Watcher
  • The Juffo-Wup is strong in this place.
    • View Profile
Re: [BUGS] 0.31.01 bugs
« Reply #330 on: April 02, 2010, 05:46:56 pm »

Wait,no magma pipes, underground rivers or adamantium ringed demon pits? Why? They were awesome. Also thanks for the explanation.

It's misleading to say they "no longer exist."  It's more like they've been improved and are also common enough that you don't have to use the site finder to find them.  Seriously, dig down and you'll see.

LordFrank

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #331 on: April 02, 2010, 05:51:03 pm »

It's misleading to say they "no longer exist."  It's more like they've been improved and are also common enough that you don't have to use the site finder to find them.  Seriously, dig down and you'll see.
K Thanks for the clarification I was worried for a minute there.

Abattoir

• Escaped Lunatic
  • What is that?
    • View Profile
« Reply #332 on: April 02, 2010, 05:54:05 pm »

Heres a few i have noticed

- My dorfs seemingly have forgotten how to choose a bedroom, and also to go sleep in their own bedroom, anyone else have this?
  They sleep in beds owned by other dwarfs, in the hospital, barracks, but not in their own bedroom.
- Age of myth does not seem to end (i think this has already been mentioned)
- Meat does not work, it cannot be cooked, or eaten.
- I also havent seen any fish around. (i think this has already been mentioned)

Strife26

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #333 on: April 02, 2010, 05:56:39 pm »

My ax wielding adventurer has gained a considerable amount of archery skill, I'm not sure why. He's thrown a few bows at their wielders and a fair number of arrows, but he's been gaining normal throwing skill.

Stange case, I found out food stock piles seem to hold more than one barrel per square. But in general it only seems to occur when one barrel empty. Seems like a small bug, but it's still strange.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

I think that it's been doing that for a while, once a barrel is empty, it's no longer a food item, so it gets removed from the stockpile.
Even the avatars expire eventually.

Caesar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #334 on: April 02, 2010, 05:58:02 pm »

Dwarfs in a squad will keep grouping around the corpse of a creature they are ordered to kill.
Spider Overhaul
Adding realistic spiders to Dwarf Fortress. (Discontinued.)

Godhood VIII
The latest installment in the Godhood roleplaying game series.

Water Hazard

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #335 on: April 02, 2010, 05:58:59 pm »

I've embarked in an evil biome and have tons of undead walking around, the invincible kind. Some merchant came in and started a fight with about a dozen skeletal buzzards, who can't hurt him at all but who he can't kill. It's been a few months and he's now naming his bow over and over, renaming it something new each time. This has rendered the game unplayable because it's happening every few seconds.

I had a similar problem with another merchant guard, except he named some pieces of him armor a bunch of times then stopped.

UberNube

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #336 on: April 02, 2010, 06:04:47 pm »

Even more bugs (after I savescummed to save my fort from a tantrum spiral after a forgotten beast killed about 10 people thanks to the utter failure of the military (It took ages to successfully get my population to defend themselves).

===

I'm currently looking at a {bat } object, which I think is the remains of a bat killed in a web, but it is incorrectly displaying the name.

EDIT: Nevermind, I'm going to bed now.
« Last Edit: April 02, 2010, 06:11:22 pm by UberNube »
This guy gets it, the problem with the child torture dungeon is that they weren't set on fire first.

Kaelem Gaen

• Bay Watcher
  • And then it appeared the most terrifying creature
    • View Profile
« Reply #337 on: April 02, 2010, 06:15:26 pm »

I put this up on the bug tracker already but I've been running into spontaneously melting Adventurers in I think Scorching Biomes.

Name Lips

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #338 on: April 02, 2010, 06:15:53 pm »

I ordered my soldiers to attack the elven merchants. Seemed like an ordinary enough request, I mean, they're ELVES. They stopped training and ran off to meet the elves...

...and didn't attack them. Even a little bit. They just milled around the elves. I tried attacking the mules, but same deal.

I'm not sure if I'm not understanding the kill system or what.

Gara-nis

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #339 on: April 02, 2010, 06:21:32 pm »

Should I just dig there to get my fish?
How I mine for fish??

Is anybody else having this problem:
I drafted most of my fortress into one squad to deal with the naked mole dog menace. I later deleted the squad. Since then, the former members have had no job, but don't show up as idlers. I've tried everything - redrafting and undrafting, designating and undesignating barracks and burrows, quitting and loading, giving and cancelling orders, but even with no squads in the game, they still do nothing.

To clarify: I have "idlers: 0" and eight dwarves with "no job" listed in the task menu. Even with all labours turned on.

I have had this bug, but they just stand around and their job is listed as "Wait for dodging demonstration"
This is the bug report:
http://bay12games.com/dwarves/mantisbt/view.php?id=181

Name Lips

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #340 on: April 02, 2010, 06:25:07 pm »

This might just be the way the game has always been.

But I'm unable to NOT make a legendary dining room.

It was a relatively small space (maybe 10x15) with 10 rock thrones and 10 rock tables. I think part of the floor was smoothed, but nothing was engraved, and none of the items in it were made from valuable materials or well-crafted.

But it was already legendary. Shouldn't it be a bit more difficult?

Enola

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #341 on: April 02, 2010, 06:36:07 pm »

I'm having my dwarves that are constantly busy (woodcutters in a large area, miners with a large designation) be too dedicated to the job, I.E. they are starvng themselves in order to keep working.

Same for me. It goes so far that some people will dehydrate, starve and sleep-deprive themselves to the absolute max until they throw a tantrum (enough beds, food and booze was readily available).

h3lblad3

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #342 on: April 02, 2010, 06:50:55 pm »

As awesome as it is, I just picked up the blood of a dwarf I just killed and have been throwing it at the others.

"The spinning Ngom Scourgepain's dwarf blood strikes The Dwarf Lye Maker in the left upper leg. . ."

...is this supposed to be possible, considering it's not in a container or anything?
I was talking about importing alimunim.
And we were hypothesising about the sexual relations between elves and trees.

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
  • Forger of Civilizations
    • View Profile
« Reply #343 on: April 02, 2010, 07:00:02 pm »

Blood never seems to be cleaned up. I had a sparring accident (hand cut off), and the blood that was spilled is being tracked everywhere around my courtyard. It's been at least two seasons since the accident, and even building a road over the area just resulted in a blood-smeared road.

Also, his hand is still sitting there in the middle of the area. I'm not sure what's supposed to happen to it, but I'd expect it to be taken to a refuse pile or something.
Civilization Forge Mod v2.80: Adding in new races, equipment, animals, plants, metals, etc. Now with Alchemy and Libraries! Variety to spice up DF! (For DF 0.34.10)
Come play Mafia with us!
"Let us maintain our chill composure." - Toady One

shadow_archmagi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #344 on: April 02, 2010, 07:21:37 pm »

Also, his hand is still sitting there in the middle of the area. I'm not sure what's supposed to happen to it, but I'd expect it to be taken to a refuse pile or something.

You need a graveyard stockpile, because dwarfs are not refuse, I believe.

My ax wielding adventurer has gained a considerable amount of archery skill, I'm not sure why. He's thrown a few bows at their wielders and a fair number of arrows, but he's been gaining normal throwing skill.

I noticed this also. I suspect that this just is part of the new tiered skill system Toady implemented. That is; I bet Throwing, Bow-Using, and Crossbows all contribute to an overall Archery skill.

Just like how a master axeman is also probably a pretty good fighter.

---

Bug: I had a migrant wood cutter and carpenter arrive. I disabled carpentry on him, and disabled wood-cutting on my carpenter (who had been periodically stopping to cut his own lumber to make into more barrels).

The migrant sat around idling until I turned woodcutting off and then on again for him, at which point he went and found an axe and got to work.

invention is every dwarf's middle name
that means that somewhere out there theres a dwarf named Urist Invention Mcinvention.
Pages: 1 ... 21 22 [23] 24 25 ... 38