Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 20 21 [22] 23 24 ... 38

Author Topic: [BUGS] 0.31.01 bugs  (Read 78245 times)

Jehdin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: [BUGS] 0.31.01 bugs
« Reply #315 on: April 02, 2010, 04:44:25 pm »

Creatures only die through suffocation. No matter the amount or areas of damage done, straight-out fighting between anything only ends in suffocation.

Inorganic creatures don't die. Had an iron man continually gouged by a grandmaster spearman for half an hour, and then stuck it in a massive lake of lava, neither of which killed it.

I'm pretty sure creatures die from bleeding to death (at least I have), and I've decapitated some, which obviously kills them. But they do seem to live for far too long considering their injuries.

I've killed an iron man, granted it was in the arena with an adamantine long sword. Can't seem to kill a bronze colossus unless you melt it, though.
And blizzard men seem glitchy...I've had some die and others just live forever regardless of what's done to them.

dakenho

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #316 on: April 02, 2010, 04:50:35 pm »

Just a quick note: it's likely that meat products being uncookable is an unintended feature, so here's a quick fix.

Open material_template_default.txt in the raws folder for your save, then replace all [MEAT] tags with [MEAT][EDIBLE_COOKED] instead.
doesnt work any other options?
From the description of the event, I think that your copy of Dwarf Fortress was on drugs when this happened. That's surely the only logical explanation for a human werewolf with deadly farts dying from it's own excrement after slaughtering some goblins comrades.

dakenho

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #317 on: April 02, 2010, 04:52:58 pm »

Just a quick note: it's likely that meat products being uncookable is an unintended feature, so here's a quick fix.

Open material_template_default.txt in the raws folder for your save, then replace all [MEAT] tags with [MEAT][EDIBLE_COOKED] instead.
doesnt work any other options?
nvm had to delete the .bak file
From the description of the event, I think that your copy of Dwarf Fortress was on drugs when this happened. That's surely the only logical explanation for a human werewolf with deadly farts dying from it's own excrement after slaughtering some goblins comrades.

Beeskee

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #318 on: April 02, 2010, 04:58:14 pm »

In my latest world, I noticed the sun was setting in the east... Is it random for each world?
When a wizard is tired of looking for broken glass in his dinner, he is tired of life.

RedWarrior0

• Bay Watcher
  • she/her
    • View Profile
« Reply #319 on: April 02, 2010, 05:00:51 pm »

It was that way in 40d

pavlov

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #320 on: April 02, 2010, 05:17:00 pm »

- Cannot add "Make soap" jobs at the soap workshop. Have to do it through the job manager.

- Dwarves refuse to haul soap. They do not stock my hospital with it, and they do not move it to soap stockpiles.
This animal is waiting for conflict.
Ready for slaughter? (Y)

shadow_slicer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #321 on: April 02, 2010, 05:20:45 pm »

:'(

Edit: After a while, this happened as well...
???
The smelter was set to repeatedly turn bituminous coal into coke. I still have a TON of coal lying around (less than 5 steps away from smelter).
« Last Edit: April 02, 2010, 09:34:38 pm by shadow_slicer »

Diablous

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:avatar's cuteness]
    • View Profile
« Reply #322 on: April 02, 2010, 05:21:26 pm »

Quote from: Solifuge
A catgirl, whom oft it would please
To dine on a pizza, with cheese,
Thought it was quite fine
To be partly feline,
Excepting the hairballs and fleas.

Dante

• Bay Watcher
  • Dante likes cats for their corrupt intentions.
    • View Profile
« Reply #323 on: April 02, 2010, 05:22:21 pm »

Should I just dig there to get my fish?
How I mine for fish??

Is anybody else having this problem:
I drafted most of my fortress into one squad to deal with the naked mole dog menace. I later deleted the squad. Since then, the former members have had no job, but don't show up as idlers. I've tried everything - redrafting and undrafting, designating and undesignating barracks and burrows, quitting and loading, giving and cancelling orders, but even with no squads in the game, they still do nothing.

To clarify: I have "idlers: 0" and eight dwarves with "no job" listed in the task menu. Even with all labours turned on.

Steely Glint

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #324 on: April 02, 2010, 05:26:14 pm »

I've had at least two crashes to desktop right after saving (only when I explicitly saved, not a seasonal autosave). Fortunately in both cases the game was saved successfully, so no data was lost as far as I know.

LordFrank

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #325 on: April 02, 2010, 05:28:23 pm »

I tried to use finder to search for a site and it wouldn't let me search for magma sources, underground water, or other features. the  custom world options don't seem to allow you to enable the searching for these either. Bug or Feature? Also the default site size is 4x4 for some reason and the game won't let me quit the choose fortress location screen.
« Last Edit: April 02, 2010, 05:33:23 pm by LordFrank »

Malicus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #326 on: April 02, 2010, 05:32:22 pm »

I tried to use finder to search for a site and it wouldn't let me search for magma sources, underground water, or other features. the  custom world options don't seem to allow you to enable the searching for these either. Bug or Feature? Also the default site size is 4x4 for some reason.

Those features no longer exist, so it only makes sense that you can't search for them.  But trust me, you don't need them anymore.  Try digging down some.  The default is now 4x4 because you can dig quite a bit deeper now.

Allright.
I kept wondering why were my dwarves hungry all the time. I still had some fish they could eat. After realizing to "zoom" to the item from stock I saw this:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

There ARE surely fish there, but, uh...  you'd have to fight for them.  The bug, if anything, is that you know about them before finding them.

Totaku

• Bay Watcher
  • The little oni that strikes the earth
    • View Profile
« Reply #327 on: April 02, 2010, 05:32:35 pm »

Stange case, I found out food stock piles seem to hold more than one barrel per square. But in general it only seems to occur when one barrel empty. Seems like a small bug, but it's still strange.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

That's one small step for man, one giant leap for Otakukind!

And maker of the mod in progress known as Suika Fortress Now for 0.34.xx!

Diablous

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:avatar's cuteness]
    • View Profile
« Reply #328 on: April 02, 2010, 05:34:49 pm »

I tried to use finder to search for a site and it wouldn't let me search for magma sources, underground water, or other features. the  custom world options don't seem to allow you to enable the searching for these either. Bug or Feature? Also the default site size is 4x4 for some reason and the game won't let me quit the choose fortress location screen.
Yeah, magma is guaranteed near the bottom of any map now. You might strike a sea of it.
Quote from: Solifuge
A catgirl, whom oft it would please
To dine on a pizza, with cheese,
Thought it was quite fine
To be partly feline,
Excepting the hairballs and fleas.

LordFrank

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #329 on: April 02, 2010, 05:37:23 pm »

Wait,no magma pipes, underground rivers or adamantium ringed demon pits? Why? They were awesome. Also thanks for the explanation.
« Last Edit: April 02, 2010, 05:41:20 pm by LordFrank »
Pages: 1 ... 20 21 [22] 23 24 ... 38