Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 18 19 [20] 21 22 ... 38

Author Topic: [BUGS] 0.31.01 bugs  (Read 78257 times)

Rafal99

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: [BUGS] 0.31.01 bugs
« Reply #285 on: April 02, 2010, 01:14:26 pm »

I got my first fey mood, a metalcrafter. He took one gold bar and made an earring, which is displaying a value of 72000 DB. I'm pretty sure that shouldn't happen with only one gold bar.

Artifacts are supposed to be very valuable, and gold is a valuable material to begin with.  This is normal.

This is the correct value.
Gold modifier is 30, artifact quality modifier is 120, earring base value is 10.
10*30*120 = 36000
In every artifact you get additional free decoration made from its base material, so you get additional 36000, which gives you 72000.

It's impossible to see what's on the menus, because the edge of the screen cut it off.
"Construct trifle pewter-"
and so on. This was probably a problem in the last version, as well.

Was the same in last version. Press Tab to resize the menu to see the full item name.
« Last Edit: April 02, 2010, 01:17:24 pm by Rafal99 »
The spinning Tantrum Spiral strikes The Fortress in the meeting hall!
It explodes in gore!
The Fortress has been struck down.

shadow_slicer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #286 on: April 02, 2010, 01:31:53 pm »

I added a job to smelt some cassiterite ore I got from the caravan, then saved and quit. When I started it up again, the smelter produced "cassiterite bars" instead of "tin bars" ???. These "cassiterite bars" have no apparent use, and can't be melted.

SirHoneyBadger

• Bay Watcher
  • Beware those who would keep knowledge from you.
    • View Profile
« Reply #287 on: April 02, 2010, 01:39:43 pm »

So far I've had runtime error game crash while creating the world, with 20% value set to the megabeast killoff statistic--which ran over 2000 years, by the way. I've had runtime error game crash while site searching, and I've had "the application has encountered an unusual request" to shut itself down (???) while embarking. As in, immediately after hitting the "e" button.

Also, I just attempted to do a straight embark--no choosing of stats, items, anything, didn't choose a site, other than maximise the initial map selection the game chose for me, and just hit "play now", and the game crashed entirely, without any message whatsoever. It simply disappeared.

This is a repeatable bug--the second instance, however, atleast gave me a runtime error.

Also repeatable when selecting skills. I'm beginning to suspect there's a problem with choosing the maximum allowable area for my Fortress.
« Last Edit: April 02, 2010, 01:57:10 pm by SirHoneyBadger »
For they would be your masters.

Sean Mirrsen

• Bay Watcher
  • Bearer of the Psionic Flame
    • View Profile
« Reply #288 on: April 02, 2010, 01:46:18 pm »

Bleeding in Adventure mode doesn't seem to heal, ever. At least for humans. I've been stabbed by a wooden arrow into the nose (brown wound), and bled to death after slaughtering half the forest retreat.

I should note that the current version's combat is actually more realistic, ridiculous resistance of the heart and throat notwithstanding. It's actually fairly hard to instakill a creature without pulverizing the brain, in most cases of "killing" it's actually inflicting a massive wound and leaving the body to die.
Multiworld Madness Archive:
Game One, Discontinued at World 3.
Game Two, Discontinued at World 1.

"Europe has to grow out of the mindset that Europe's problems are the world's problems, but the world's problems are not Europe's problems."
- Subrahmanyam Jaishankar, Minister of External Affairs, India

Footkerchief

• Bay Watcher
  • The Juffo-Wup is strong in this place.
    • View Profile
« Reply #289 on: April 02, 2010, 01:49:55 pm »

Bleeding in Adventure mode doesn't seem to heal, ever. At least for humans. I've been stabbed by a wooden arrow into the nose (brown wound), and bled to death after slaughtering half the forest retreat.

Does this go for all wounds, or just wounds to the head?  I experienced something similar with wounds that never stopped bleeding, but only on the head, as far as I could tell.

I should note that the current version's combat is actually more realistic, ridiculous resistance of the heart and throat notwithstanding. It's actually fairly hard to instakill a creature without pulverizing the brain, in most cases of "killing" it's actually inflicting a massive wound and leaving the body to die.

I suspect the heart/throat thing is due to the MAJOR_ARTERIES tag not working at all.

Psieye

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #290 on: April 02, 2010, 01:51:18 pm »

First artifact: my bone carver (fresh immigrant who came in my first autumn before the caravan... not even sure if the dwarven caravan will show up) got possessed and picked up 2 turtle shells. He produced an IRON figurine with 2 turtle shell decorations and chert too. I'm pretty sure I didn't have any iron bars around at all when he made that, never mind he didn't pick up any bar before he started construction.
Military Training EXP Analysis
Congrats, Psieye. This is the first time I've seen a derailed thread get put back on the rails.

athousandbees

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #291 on: April 02, 2010, 01:51:38 pm »

In the middle of digging out my base, my miners suddenly stopped digging, and just stood around idling. No damp/warm stone, they just stopped. I undesignated and redesignated the area to be mined, and turned mining off and on - didn't fix it. Saving, quiting and restarting seemed to solve the problem, though. Not a major issue, but I thought I'd mention it. I'm using the Mayday version, if it matters.

Naes Draw

• Bay Watcher
  • She likes modding for their customizability.
    • View Profile
« Reply #292 on: April 02, 2010, 02:02:53 pm »

Some villagers in Adv. Mode when queried as to profession, say "I am a ." It seems like that it's at least a few different kinds. Not military or child however.
[CREATURE:CAT]
   [NAME:sena cat:sena cat:sena cat]
   [INTELLIGENT] [MISCHIEVOUS] [FEMALE]
   [PREFSTRING:craziness]
   [SHOES:ITEM_SHOES_SHOES:UNCOMMON]
   [PERMITTED_JOB:MODDER]

Sean Mirrsen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #293 on: April 02, 2010, 02:14:37 pm »

Does this go for all wounds, or just wounds to the head?  I experienced something similar with wounds that never stopped bleeding, but only on the head, as far as I could tell.

I suspect the heart/throat thing is due to the MAJOR_ARTERIES tag not working at all.
I've only experienced it twice thus far, once was a throat injury, once the nose injury. While I can understand the throat not healing, the nose is another matter. I'll try to get some wounds on other parts of me and see what happens. :P

And yes, I've already heard (saw) you mention the MAJOR_ARTERIES tag.

I should also point out another "bug", or more of an inconvenience. The skeletal/zombie creatures have very, very long wound lists. This isn't wrong in and of itself, but it goes like "So-and-so's first finger, left hand's skin is missing, so-and-so's second finger, left hand's skin is missing, yada yada for a while, so-and-so's first finger, left hand's muscle is missing, and yada yada ad nauseam for every bodypart and every tissue layer. I'm sure it's possible to compress these somehow.

On the same topic, the normal wounds go like arson murder and jaywalking - "the (bodypart) is broken, the (bodypart) is spraying blood, the (bodypart) is bruised" for every bodypart. This should also be shortened.

And still on the same topic, the z->health->wounds view lists internal organ wounds along with the parent organ's wounds. You get "upper body: skin cut up, muscle cut up, left lung cut up", some other part, then "upper body: skin cut up, muscle cut up, right lung cut up". Too much text in there.

"Europe has to grow out of the mindset that Europe's problems are the world's problems, but the world's problems are not Europe's problems."

Kode527

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #294 on: April 02, 2010, 02:19:22 pm »

So far I've had runtime error game crash while creating the world, with 20% value set to the megabeast killoff statistic--which ran over 2000 years, by the way. I've had runtime error game crash while site searching, and I've had "the application has encountered an unusual request" to shut itself down (???) while embarking. As in, immediately after hitting the "e" button.

Also, I just attempted to do a straight embark--no choosing of stats, items, anything, didn't choose a site, other than maximise the initial map selection the game chose for me, and just hit "play now", and the game crashed entirely, without any message whatsoever. It simply disappeared.

This is a repeatable bug--the second instance, however, atleast gave me a runtime error.

Also repeatable when selecting skills. I'm beginning to suspect there's a problem with choosing the maximum allowable area for my Fortress.

I've also had problem with runtime errors. First time I wasn't even able to go to the world designing thing, because the error. I had some graphics installed. After downloading the game again so I hadn't any mods anymore, I was able to generate small and simple maps, but a bit larger maps threw me an error after 3000 or so years. Parameters probably was something that no civilization could survive.
Had some errors outside the world generator too, but just 1 or 2 times.

Another thing.
I'm not sure if It's supposed to be possible to have dead militia commander.
« Last Edit: April 02, 2010, 02:21:29 pm by Kode527 »

UberNube

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #295 on: April 02, 2010, 02:30:20 pm »

Not sure if this has been posted already, or if it's even actually a bug, but I currently have 2 goblins just stood outside of my front entrance next to some cage traps where their ambush-squad-leader is trapped, but they seem to be making no attempt to either flee or enter the fortress. They will attack any friendly units near them, but they seem to be ignoring the neutral horse next to them (I have a similar problem with horses it seems - I think the leader of the horse herd has been caged at the same time).

Secondly, my military is skilling up ridiculously slowly. It seems they are all to low-skill to do organised sparring, so they stand around on their own and do "Individual Combat Drill" I have them all unarmed and they have been training for close to a year but the highest skilled one is only a novice wrestler. Some have higher skills in other areas (one is a professional dodger, an adequate fighter and a proficient teacher) but wrestling seems to be going really slowly.

Third, my military seem to refuse to change their equipment, despite me having specified that they should be using wooden shields and training swords (I have plenty of both) they refuse to pick up either. I have tried taking them in and out of the military and everything.

EDIT: 2 MORE BUGS FOUND:

1. A persistent bug from at least 40d where I am unable to "remove crew" from a put item in barrel job despite the option being highlighted. It works for stockpiles, but not barrels.

2. Possibly deserving of it's own thread, I may have a way to create a version of PlanePacked: If you wait for a dwarf to be mooded then have their workshop in a banned area (using burrows) and then  have a certain material unavailable, then they will continue to collect other materials indefinitely. For example, this artifact currently will contain about 8 granite rocks, when it was only meant to have a single rock in it.

EDIT:

The last 2 goblins finally fell into traps, the horse ran away, and now I have a 10-material artifact figurine of an elf getting killed by a mountain titan. It also has images of a snow-devil, a palm, and 2 images of lizards! DWARVEN!
« Last Edit: April 02, 2010, 03:18:03 pm by UberNube »
This guy gets it, the problem with the child torture dungeon is that they weren't set on fire first.

Moontayle

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #296 on: April 02, 2010, 02:34:17 pm »

I'm going to classify this as a bug because it seems an unintentional consequence to the new "finish what they started" feature. Almost all of my dwarves have unhappy thoughts because they essentially waited until the absolute last moment before getting food, drink, and sleep. I even have an unhappy dwarf because she starved recently, was dehydrated recently, and was exhausted recently.
Tolkien had a great secret: The dwarves of Moria didn't dig too deep. A prominent dwarf with lots of friends started tantruming and, well, you figure out what happened next.

Sean Mirrsen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #297 on: April 02, 2010, 02:40:51 pm »

Give them all a day off then, you oppressive megalomaniacal tyrant.

Moontayle

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #298 on: April 02, 2010, 02:42:44 pm »

I'm sorry, I thought I was playing Dwarf Fortress, not Hippy Elf Love Affair.
Tolkien had a great secret: The dwarves of Moria didn't dig too deep. A prominent dwarf with lots of friends started tantruming and, well, you figure out what happened next.

Sean Mirrsen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #299 on: April 02, 2010, 02:48:25 pm »

Heh. Well, nobody's going to stop you, but if you make your dwarves work themselves half to death, either cope with tantrums or provide them with a REALLY nice dining room.

Pages: 1 ... 18 19 [20] 21 22 ... 38