Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 17 18 [19] 20 21 ... 38

Author Topic: [BUGS] 0.31.01 bugs  (Read 78254 times)

tombthedwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • oddly appropriate name
    • View Profile
Re: [BUGS] 0.31.01 bugs
« Reply #270 on: April 02, 2010, 11:21:25 am »

occasional crash wile placing heavily equipped creatures on the arena map; around 50% of the time, usually with dwarves
Must... eat... demon raaaaaaat! ARGLEBARGLEBARGLEBARGLE *CRASH* OMNOMNOMNOMNOM.

Tastes like... SAAAATAAAAAAAN!

Binamrad

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #271 on: April 02, 2010, 11:26:51 am »

I have two miners stuck over an 'open space'.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Also my Captain of the Guard wants a suite but I can't assign him to any object.
Nevermind, turns out her upper body was missing.

sbr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #272 on: April 02, 2010, 11:31:39 am »

nm

Retloc

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #273 on: April 02, 2010, 11:41:34 am »

A few problems here as well:

Major slowdown. My games occasionally freeze for a few moments, then resumes. Does this even during loading and saving screens. Earlier versions of game run fine.

Creatures only die through suffocation. No matter the amount or areas of damage done, straight-out fighting between anything only ends in suffocation.

Inorganic creatures don't die. Had an iron man continually gouged by a grandmaster spearman for half an hour, and then stuck it in a massive lake of lava, neither of which killed it.

pickupsticks

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #274 on: April 02, 2010, 11:59:45 am »

Asking for the date in adventure mode gives:

It is the 13th of , 1050

Bridges are weird... some roads have lots of patches of log floor a few tiles long which is classed as a bridge.
Some bridges only touch the floor at one end (i.e. if you approach from one side then you walk to the end of the bridge and it's a edge you can jump off, or if you approach from the other side you keep following the road underneath the bridge and then bash your head)
Some bridges are all weird and deformed with pillars and walls in a tangled muddle.

(not the best example pic... I'll find a better one later on)

EDIT:

...something like that is now very common.
Didn't this happen before, but get fixed?
I may be mis-remembering.
« Last Edit: April 02, 2010, 03:27:20 pm by pickupsticks »

pickupsticks

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #275 on: April 02, 2010, 12:01:14 pm »

Creatures only die through suffocation. No matter the amount or areas of damage done, straight-out fighting between anything only ends in suffocation.

I've killed things in adventure mode, which bled to death rather than suffocated.

Diablous

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:avatar's cuteness]
    • View Profile
« Reply #276 on: April 02, 2010, 12:03:05 pm »

Bug in arena mode. I dropped a magma man in the lava pit, and after a while, steam started to be produced where he was. There is no water there. A magma man producing steam in lava.
Quote from: Solifuge
A catgirl, whom oft it would please
To dine on a pizza, with cheese,
Thought it was quite fine
To be partly feline,
Excepting the hairballs and fleas.

Walliard

• Bay Watcher
  • On Break
    • View Profile
« Reply #277 on: April 02, 2010, 12:11:53 pm »

Attempting to copy/paste "No scheduled order" on the schedule screen results in a crash.
Toady, how much of DF is inspired by Labyrinth? Is Armok actually David Bowie? Because that would simultaneously be disturbing and awesome.

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #278 on: April 02, 2010, 12:15:41 pm »

Just had an immigrant Seige Operator come in. Instead of the having Engineering/Siege Operation labor active, he had the entire Farming group active.

Probably should have checked his skills. Would have been awesome if he had <no adjective> skills in all of that.
They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

Pyro93735

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #279 on: April 02, 2010, 12:20:15 pm »

Tallow can be made into biscuits

Lederan

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #280 on: April 02, 2010, 12:24:21 pm »

I got my first fey mood, a metalcrafter. He took one gold bar and made an earring, which is displaying a value of 72000 DB. I'm pretty sure that shouldn't happen with only one gold bar.

Crump

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #281 on: April 02, 2010, 12:52:42 pm »

Here are a couple of bugs features I noticed while mucking around in arena mode. Since they deal with combat, they may also happen outside of arena mode.

-At one point a dragon latched on to a dwarf's right eye creating the message "Dragon 1 shakes Dwarf 1 around by the right eye". Sounds quite painful.

-An elephant used one of its rear feet to grab a dwarf's nose. Highly skilled.

-I spawned a group of dwarves on top of the tower in the top right corner of the arena and took control of one to try to push the others off. At some point during the combat my dwarf began melting. The lava is a long way away, and the only nearby fluids were dwarf blood and dwarf vomit. Perhaps one of them is highly caustic?

This is the first time I've ever really observed the game's combat closely, so perhaps these are normal behaviors, but they seem odd to me.

This next bit is more discussion than bug, so I've hidden it.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Sunday

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #282 on: April 02, 2010, 12:59:37 pm »

Well, as you may know, this has been true for every past version.

Furthermore, 'tallow' (known as lard if it comes from a pig), is actually one of the few dwarven ingredients that actually belongs in biscuits.  IRL biscuits are made (generally) from flour, lard, and milk, I think. 

Footkerchief

• Bay Watcher
  • The Juffo-Wup is strong in this place.
    • View Profile
« Reply #283 on: April 02, 2010, 01:06:10 pm »

This is the same as previous versions.  It gets a lot worse than that -- you can make biscuits from just milk, beverages, syrup, etc.  It's just one of the ramifications of the very incomplete cooking system, and not a bug per se.

I got my first fey mood, a metalcrafter. He took one gold bar and made an earring, which is displaying a value of 72000 DB. I'm pretty sure that shouldn't happen with only one gold bar.

Artifacts are supposed to be very valuable, and gold is a valuable material to begin with.  This is normal.
« Last Edit: April 02, 2010, 01:09:06 pm by Footkerchief »

Mortesphere

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #284 on: April 02, 2010, 01:14:03 pm »

It's impossible to see what's on the menus, because the edge of the screen cut it off.

"Construct trifle pewter-
Construct trifle pewter-
Construct trifle pewter-
Construct trifle pewter-
Construct trifle pewter-
Construct trifle pewter-
Construct trifle pewter-"

and so on. This was probably a problem in the last version, as well.
Pages: 1 ... 17 18 [19] 20 21 ... 38