Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 14 15 [16] 17 18 ... 38

Author Topic: [BUGS] 0.31.01 bugs  (Read 78237 times)

denspb

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: [BUGS] 0.31.01 bugs
« Reply #225 on: April 02, 2010, 05:20:28 am »

Military-related bug:
I've added my Hunter to the squad, and later removed him from the draft. However, he seems to be stuck with military - all he does is just Individual Combat Drill...

Proteus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #226 on: April 02, 2010, 05:22:22 am »

Rather an oddity than a bug:

In played around with the arena and made myself a dwarf fighter
and gave her (aside from an iron battle axe and a gold shield)
a full set of gold platemail (i.e. including greaves, helmet and the like).
When I later after some fights I checked her out I found out that all pieces of platemail she wore
were large ones  (i.e. large golden greaves, large golden platemail etc. ).

If I remember correctly "large" means human sized and shouldn´t bewearable by dwarves.

Dante

• Bay Watcher
  • Dante likes cats for their corrupt intentions.
    • View Profile
« Reply #227 on: April 02, 2010, 05:33:33 am »

Military-related bug:
I've added my Hunter to the squad, and later removed him from the draft. However, he seems to be stuck with military - all he does is just Individual Combat Drill...
I got this problem with my entire fortress population, who I'd drafted to kill a troll. Even removing the squad didn't stop them! I found that I had to un-designate the squad barracks (it didn't do it automatically with squad deletion). They all went back to normal jobs straight away.

Dante

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #228 on: April 02, 2010, 05:34:10 am »

Rather an oddity than a bug:

In played around with the arena and made myself a dwarf fighter
and gave her (aside from an iron battle axe and a gold shield)
a full set of gold platemail (i.e. including greaves, helmet and the like).
When I later after some fights I checked her out I found out that all pieces of platemail she wore
were large ones  (i.e. large golden greaves, large golden platemail etc. ).

If I remember correctly "large" means human sized and shouldn´t bewearable by dwarves.

"Large" is relative. Also, you can do all sorts of weird stuff in the arena, like give sharks swords and leggings.

Sorry for the double post, didn't notice.

Kaelem Gaen

• Bay Watcher
  • And then it appeared the most terrifying creature
    • View Profile
« Reply #229 on: April 02, 2010, 05:34:39 am »

I guess at the moment he can't have it differentiate between water/brook/magma tiles and ground tiles, but that does make making cisterns from an Aquifer rather impossible now, since I don't think they can drink from ramps... or can they?

Also how does the "ramp" Effect Wells? I've yet to test it myself.

Might do that in a moment, since dwarfs freak out in water above 3/7 still you can't remove the ramp that's in an aquifer or off the side of the river, and it looks bad from a design stand point as others have mentioned before.

betamax

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #230 on: April 02, 2010, 05:36:39 am »

On the 0st day of Timber, my doctor gave to me...

Dante

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #231 on: April 02, 2010, 05:38:37 am »

I guess at the moment he can't have it differentiate between water/brook/magma tiles and ground tiles, but that does make making cisterns from an Aquifer rather impossible now, since I don't think they can drink from ramps... or can they?

Also how does the "ramp" Effect Wells? I've yet to test it myself.

Might do that in a moment, since dwarfs freak out in water above 3/7 still you can't remove the ramp that's in an aquifer or off the side of the river, and it looks bad from a design stand point as others have mentioned before.
I thought I was going to have trouble well digging because I always carve stairs down and then channel them out in stages. Luckily, channeling stairs still produces empty space (rather than ramps, or being unable to).

EvilTwin

• Bay Watcher
  • likes skeletons for their afros
    • View Profile
« Reply #232 on: April 02, 2010, 06:01:44 am »

A dwarf put to rest by a doctor sprung out of bed to get an owned item.

Then he/she continued to clean the nearby staircase... all with a broken arm.
« Last Edit: April 02, 2010, 06:04:13 am by EvilTwin »

Onlyhestands

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #233 on: April 02, 2010, 06:08:48 am »

Here's the only bug I've had so far
(havent had much time to play  :'( )

The ESC key does work for me everywhere that it should EXCEPT for when you go to Fortress mode to choose an embark site. If I decide that I don't want to embark the only way for me to get out of DF is to end it's process. I can use escape to get to the menu while in a fort, while in arena, to skip the intro, but haven't tried adventure yet.
« Last Edit: April 02, 2010, 06:10:27 am by Onlyhestands »
What if you didn't have any genitals, couldn't you just go naked as a dude (because showing your nipples is okay)?
What if monkeys created civilizations on the moon?

EvilTwin

• Bay Watcher
  • likes skeletons for their afros
    • View Profile
« Reply #234 on: April 02, 2010, 06:49:25 am »

It takes quite a while for dwarves to recognize that a path is open (again), i.e. when you remove an Up-/Down-Staircase and then build an Up-Staircase there they won't find their way up for a long while.

Areku

• Bay Watcher
  • Merry Christmas to all ye landlubbers!
    • View Profile
« Reply #235 on: April 02, 2010, 06:52:44 am »

In a rainy area, whenever it starts raining, a few slugmen explode. All of them lacking their upper bodies. I know many people already talked about the 9mm rain, but this time nothing happens to the dwarves or other creatures outside, just the slugmen. Everyone else is utterly unharmed. And only one or two of 'em slugs blow up at a time, usually in a totally random fashion.
"And apparently your daughter likes to eat live cats"
                              - Legacy of Fíma succession game, fort two, said by Big Cheese, weaponsmith, about Duh102's daughter. (Not that you know any of these dwarves)

Binamrad

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #236 on: April 02, 2010, 06:59:36 am »

There are an absurd amount of minerals on my map. I can't dig a tunnel without encountering a vein of something.

When placing farm plots there is a constant message "No mud for underground farm Mud is left by water"  in the placement menu. When placing farms outdoors the same error message appears.

When placing underground farms on soil it keeps telling me "No seeds available for this location" despite me having seeds not too far away.  :-\ Underground farms work fine on mud.

When i reveal an additional few tiles of underground caves a huge number of "you have struck <mineral>" announcements appear.

A truckload of immigrants arrived a month or two into the game.

Description of a puppy: "Medium sized mammalian carnivore... She is gigantic..."  ???
Also my Captain of the Guard wants a suite but I can't assign him to any object.
Nevermind, turns out her upper body was missing.

Deathworks

• Bay Watcher
  • There be no fortress without its feline rulers!
    • View Profile
« Reply #237 on: April 02, 2010, 07:00:28 am »

Hi!

More bugs I haven't seen mentioned:

* Auto Loom Dyed Thread seems not to work. After finally getting a dyer ready and using up all that dye, I made sure auto loom was on. But no matter how much I waited, no weaving task was created. Finally, I manually created such a task, and presto! they started weaving the dyed thread - so there was no availability problem.

* Deer killed by merchant guards can not be butchered. They do not spawn a butcher task in my butchery and even when I manually create a "butcher dead animal" task, it simply says that there is no unrotten butcherable around. My refuse stockpile is already full with dragonfly remains, so I am sure the corpses were not tasked elsewhere. I have not killed a deer with friendly units, so I can't say whether the guards or the deer are to blame.

Deathworks

FGK dwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #238 on: April 02, 2010, 07:05:29 am »

I can confirm having huge created wealth on embark.

Probably related:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Edited to hide possible spoiler.
« Last Edit: April 02, 2010, 09:00:14 am by FGK dwarf »

Myroc

• Bay Watcher
  • Lurking Skeleton
    • View Profile
« Reply #239 on: April 02, 2010, 07:05:55 am »

Pathfinding problems. A miner removed one tile of wooden floor over an open space. This floor led to nowhere. After removing it, I'm spammed with "Urist McMiner cancels drink: Could not find path." despite there being a clear path to the food stockpile a few tiles away on another Z-level.

Edit: Nevermind. It seemed the miner wanted to drink from the brook which was disconnected by the moat I had just made, but had yet not built a bridge over. As soon as he finished he ran over to the brook and started drinking.

I have no idea why he ignored my booze, though.
« Last Edit: April 02, 2010, 07:07:31 am by Myroc »
We all have problems. Some people just have more awesome problems than others.
Getting angry is fun. Getting angry over petty things even better.
Pages: 1 ... 14 15 [16] 17 18 ... 38