Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16 17 ... 38

Author Topic: [BUGS] 0.31.01 bugs  (Read 78242 times)

Name Lips

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: [BUGS] 0.31.01 bugs
« Reply #210 on: April 02, 2010, 02:53:04 am »

Not all rock adjacent to magma is tagged as "hot." When I hit "d" to mine, some flash red in warning, and some don't, though tunneling through any of the spaces would penetrate the lava and spell certain doom for the poor miner.

fwuffle

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #211 on: April 02, 2010, 02:57:46 am »

My craftsdwarf has been working for what seems like way too long on a single turtle shell (for shell crafts).  He embarked at Novice Bone Carver and is now Competent Bone Carver, without having worked on any other crafting; he has definitely neither finished anything nor fetched any more material, and isn't in a mood.  I have kicked him off once or twice to go get a drink, etc., and saved/loaded a couple times.

Edit: Single jobs actually complete, I had it on repeat; but the shell stays and no goods show up.  The same dwarf was able to do a stone craft job in the same workshop.
« Last Edit: April 02, 2010, 05:09:30 pm by fwuffle »

Steely Glint

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #212 on: April 02, 2010, 03:03:05 am »

1) I set a small wood stockpile near my carpenter's workshop to take wood from a larger stockpile elsewhere in my fortress. Instead of moving wood from one to the other, dwarves run to the large stockpile, pick up a piece of wood, and then put it right back down again. Eventually there are around 20 dwarves milling around in the stockpile, accomplishing nothing.

2) The whole military system is really confusing, so I'm not sure if this is a bug or me just not knowing how to configure stuff. Essentially, it seems like squads are not following the most recently assigned schedule, instead choosing to follow the previously assigned schedule.

Captain Alchatron

• Bay Watcher
  • The Elbow of Ragnaros
    • View Profile
« Reply #213 on: April 02, 2010, 03:11:50 am »

It's a very small bug compared to some of these, but while picking skills for embarking all are labelled Adequate Stonemason/Conversationalist/ etc., except Concentration, where dwarves are labelled as 'Adequate Concentration', for example.
If you go up to someone and beat the hell out of them with thread, you not only defeat them, you shame them and their entire family for generations to come (providing that there are any survivors).
Various mouths were involved, and a soda can and a penny I think.

bowdown2q

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #214 on: April 02, 2010, 03:25:39 am »

despite his death, my militia captain is still listed in the military window

as such:

immibis

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #215 on: April 02, 2010, 03:48:13 am »

i have a gamebraking one

i can't use the - and + keys in-game, so i cant select skills, select materials and so on
i dl'ed the game from m1, tried to fix it with changing keybinds, but it didnt work out
then i dl'ed from other mirror, still had the same bs
maydays version has the same thing, so i believe that its somehow my fault

im running on newest vista with e8400 and gtx280 if it matters

please help asap

It needs to be the number pad + and -
If I wanted ramps I would've designated ramps, dammit!

bhamv

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #216 on: April 02, 2010, 03:50:09 am »

Found this in Arena mode, not sure if it also applies in Adventure and Fortress mode:

There's no message when you control a unit in Arena mode and attempt to break a joint.  The joint gets bruised or broken, but there's no message.  Grabbing and locking are fine.

This is a copy of the relevant battle from gamelog.txt, with the exception of the upper case "BREAK ATTEMPT" entries, those were inserted by me, to show where I attempted a joint break (and, by extension, where the message is missing).

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

This is the elf's would description after that particular encounter, to show that all four joints were either broken or injured by my attacks:

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

stence

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #217 on: April 02, 2010, 04:08:18 am »

I didnt read whole thread so sorry if this has been reported already.

Miners sometimes stop mining without any reason, they just go back to meeting hall and stand there.

Jimmy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #218 on: April 02, 2010, 04:17:06 am »

Just a quick note: it's likely that meat products being uncookable is an unintended feature, so here's a quick fix.

Open material_template_default.txt in the raws folder for your save, then replace all [MEAT] tags with [MEAT][EDIBLE_COOKED] instead.

Asehujiko

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #219 on: April 02, 2010, 04:25:05 am »

When digging vertical staircases, miners dig one out, run off and take a good 30 seconds before thy remember what they were doing, after which they dig another and repeat.
Code: [Select]
Tremble, mortal, and despair! Doom has come to this world!
.....EEEE..E..E.E...EEE.EE.EE.EEE.EE..EE.EE.E.EE.EE.E.EE.
......E..EE.EE.EE.EE..E...EEEE..E..E.E...EEE.EEE...E.EEE.
.☺..EE.E...E.EE.EE...E.EE..E..EE.EE.EE.EE..E...EE.EE..E.E
.....E..E.E.E.E.E.EE.E.E.EE.E...E.EE.EE...E.EE.EE.EEE...E
....E.EE.EEE.EE..EE.EE.E..EEEE..E..E.E...EEE.EEE..E.E..EE

EvilTwin

• Bay Watcher
  • likes skeletons for their afros
    • View Profile
« Reply #220 on: April 02, 2010, 04:28:01 am »

said baby was hurt in battle:

Likot Nomalstesok, Dwarven Baby cancels Clean Self: Too insane.

awesome bug, i suggest you keep it... :D

on the other hand, the game is now spamming with that  :-\
« Last Edit: April 02, 2010, 04:32:15 am by EvilTwin »

Enguhl

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #221 on: April 02, 2010, 04:38:09 am »

I don't think this has been posted yet...

-Dwarves will try to path through pumps and fail, resulting in canceled jobs (such as smoothing, it removes the designation)

In more detail, I have a dwarf trapped behind a pump and cannot reach the smoothing jobs, so it tries to do one, then cancels it removing the designation so my other engravers don't smooth it.

EvilTwin

• Bay Watcher
  • likes skeletons for their afros
    • View Profile
« Reply #222 on: April 02, 2010, 05:12:06 am »

Not to sure on this one... Should I be able to buy barrels filled with ten bucketloads of deer or buzzard blood from the human traders?

immibis

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #223 on: April 02, 2010, 05:13:21 am »

I don't think this has been posted yet...

-Dwarves will try to path through pumps and fail, resulting in canceled jobs (such as smoothing, it removes the designation)

In more detail, I have a dwarf trapped behind a pump and cannot reach the smoothing jobs, so it tries to do one, then cancels it removing the designation so my other engravers don't smooth it.
Actually, they won't try to path through them. They'll just try to do a job on the other side, realise they can't get there, then cancel the job. It's still a bug but not how you thought. It also happens with any impassable tile, not just pumps.
If I wanted ramps I would've designated ramps, dammit!

Mercanthyr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #224 on: April 02, 2010, 05:19:47 am »

People keep mentioning having inexplicably large amounts of wealth from the getgo in their forts... could this be part of the underground features? like tunnels or bridges or whatever? How about when people embark on human towns or towers or goblin dark towers?
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16 17 ... 38