Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 38

Author Topic: [BUGS] 0.31.01 bugs  (Read 78042 times)

AKAfreaky

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
Re: [BUGS] 0.31.01 bugs
« Reply #15 on: April 01, 2010, 12:48:23 pm »

This is a migrant I got in my first summer

His stats seem very high

Zeg

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: April 01, 2010, 03:27:21 pm »

Smaller bugs:
3. I get Job 'canceled: Drop-off inaccesible' spammage in my game, but dwarves have a clear path. They are set to haul stone between z-levels and sometimes they do fine, but sometimes I get spammed with messages. The situation involves usage of ramps, I am still investigating what is wrong.

I would also like to report something like this, though I'd say its rather Major than small.

It seems that building workshops or constructions, as well as removing them, and possibly removing natural ramps too, creates some kind of disabling 'field' around the site of one square larger than the site + unknown z-levels above and below (at least 1, more testing required). Any dwarf that tries to path through the zone on thier way to somewhere else gets interupted. Any dwarf in the zone (as they will be when interupted) will act like they are isolated i.e. will idle there instead of a meeting zone, will only access resources within the zone or natural resources like rivers.

It does seem to clear itself up after a while if you just wait, but it is extremely awkward.

EDIT: More info. I went and started a new fort to replicate this. It seems that the problem only occurs if you have fully enclosed part of the map. I had locked doors at the entrance to the first fort I saw this in, so I tested with and open fort, then added doors. Sure enough, the issue only turns up when you have yourself sealed in by door, construction or channel.
« Last Edit: April 01, 2010, 04:13:11 pm by Zeg »

MC Dirty

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: April 01, 2010, 03:37:02 pm »

I was trying arena mode today and I created a no-skill alligator and a Grand Master Everything dwarf (also Hammerdwarf), I gave him an Adamantine War Hammer (not Raw Adamantine) and started mauling the alligator.

I only bruised his muscles, his fat etc. more than 100 times and it died from suffocation. I don't know if this is a bug or a feature, but if it is a feature, weapons are painfully useless.

Soo...

-Underpowered Weapons (or Hammer, at least)

shadow_slicer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: April 01, 2010, 03:45:28 pm »

Smaller bugs:
3. I get Job 'canceled: Drop-off inaccesible' spammage in my game, but dwarves have a clear path. They are set to haul stone between z-levels and sometimes they do fine, but sometimes I get spammed with messages. The situation involves usage of ramps, I am still investigating what is wrong.

I would also like to report something like this, though I'd say its rather Major than small.

It seems that building workshops or constructions, as well as removing them, and possibly removing natural ramps too, creates some kind of disabling 'field' around the site of one square larger than the site + unknown z-levels above and below (at least 1, more testing required). Any dwarf that tries to path through the zone on thier way to somewhere else gets interupted. Any dwarf in the zone (as they will be when interupted) will act like they are isolated i.e. will idle there instead of a meeting zone, will only access resources within the zone or natural resources like rivers.

It does seem to clear itself up after a while if you just wait, but it is extremely awkward.

I also ran into this. Four of my dwarves were stuck. Three were next to the mason workshop trying to retrieve doors to build. One had just finished building a door and was on top of the door it had just built. I waited a while and they still didn't start moving. I started canceling constructions, one by one to see if that had an effect. When I canceled one of the doors, DF froze for a few seconds, and then everybody started moving again.

Darkfall

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: April 01, 2010, 03:46:43 pm »

- Had a dwarf manually operate a screw pump that was pumping east to west always try to stand in the channel he was pumping from, resulting in him falling down into the pool

- There seems to be a problem with making prepared food out of booze.  They drag barrels of booze into the kitchen and then just stand there until they get too hungry/thirsty/tired and then leave.  Perhaps a function of no longer wanting food to be made totally out of booze?  If so, they need to at least stop trying and throw an error instead.  Plus the booze barrels seem to get locked up in the kitchen and are not recoverable, even by destroying the kitchen.

Name Lips

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: April 01, 2010, 03:47:12 pm »

Miners who find themselves unable to reach mining areas (for example, when they trap themselves surrounded by channels) will spam cancellation messages. That's not so bad by itself, but the wall they were trying to mine will un-designate for mining. This can be a problem if you go through a lot of trouble designating spots to mine, one miner gets trapped, and all of those disparate areas are now undesignated and you have to try to remember your original design.

Gauphastus

• Bay Watcher
  • y hello der
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: April 01, 2010, 03:48:09 pm »

I seem to be getting these generic Visual C++ runtime errors. They seem totally random.
Everything was fine the first time around, but occasionally when I try to generate a new world..

"This application has requested the runtime to terminate in an unusual way."

EDIT: Also, I noticed when you break an opponent's limb during wrestling, you don't get the appropriate combat text announcement.

EDIT2: Not totally DF related, but am I the only one getting the nginx errors left and right while browsing the forum and website?
I can hardly do anything around here. I'd have looked around more to see if this was talked about but like 95% of the time I click anything, I get the error.
I'll come back tomorrow.
« Last Edit: April 01, 2010, 03:56:25 pm by Gauphastus »

Caesar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: April 01, 2010, 03:49:36 pm »

I started a fight in the arena, between some dwarf, an ettin and a giant. They ended up fighting in the water.
The dwarf started vomiting, and the announcements said that it 'dissapeared' into the water.

When I checked one of the tiles, though, it listed the following;

"Here we have a copper spear in a pile of vomit."

Am I right to assume that's not really correct?
Spider Overhaul
Adding realistic spiders to Dwarf Fortress. (Discontinued.)

Godhood VIII
The latest installment in the Godhood roleplaying game series.

Haspen

• Bay Watcher
  • Cthuwu
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: April 01, 2010, 03:51:05 pm »

In Adventure Mode, when you cut someone with an edge weapon, blood splatters everywhere but sometimes, when the creature dies, all the blood dissappears, so the 'l'ook shows only corpse, severed limbs, but no body fluids.
SigFlags!
Quote from: Draignean@Spamkingdom+
Truly, we have the most uniquely talented spy network in all existence.
Quote from: mightymushroom@Spamkingdom#
Please tell me the Royal Physician didn't go to the same college as the Spymaster.

Himmelhand

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: April 01, 2010, 03:52:14 pm »

I embarked on a site with a cave, with the Embark Now option.

Drafted everyone, marched into the cave and found a sweet giant cavern, with a resident hydra and
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

After the man in front is ripped to shreds and three others get their right legs torn off, everyone begins to level up to legendary wrestling.  The first one I think happened around the 16th in-game day, probably about the 4th day of fighting.  At this point it is a pile of everyone trying to mangle all the hydra's parts before they regenerate.  It continues to fight with all seven necks broken, all of its fangs mangled, and so on.

Name Lips

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: April 01, 2010, 04:04:05 pm »

I embarked with several barrels containing food and drink.

One of them is made out of Saguaro Rib.

It makes me wonder about Saguaros. I'm a little afraid to encounter them if they're creatures who will attack my poor woodcutters. :P

Afterburner

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: April 01, 2010, 04:11:24 pm »

-Quartzite (at least -- may be others) does not appear to be reading from inorganic_stone_layer.txt.  I am using Spreggo's Autonomous_Font tileset, and have edited inorganic_stone_layer.txt to make quartzite use [TILE:134] instead of [TILE:'-'].  I have a quartzite wall visible in my embark area.  It is respresented by a '-' instead of tile 134 of Spreggo's set.

Other stone and rocks appear to be working fine.

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: April 01, 2010, 04:13:44 pm »

- the bug is "cancels store item in bag: drop-off unaccessible"

Totally breaks the game. Happens after building a workshop/ farm (in my case). Some dwarves are stuck and cannot path, and noone can path to them.
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬
✫ DF Wanderer ✫ - the adventure mode crafting and tweaks
✫ Cartographer's Lounge ✫ - a custom worldgen repository

Steev

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: April 01, 2010, 04:15:44 pm »

Game crashes every time I try to world-gen or go to arena D:
has anybody else encountered this problem?
For a greater challenge, try doing that with a globin outpost. I will someday
Seriously, man. If I ever see you misspell 'goblin' again I am going to find and kill you.

GRead

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: April 01, 2010, 04:16:25 pm »

the ESC key does not work in the embark screen
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 38