Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 27 28 [29] 30 31 ... 38

Author Topic: [BUGS] 0.31.01 bugs  (Read 78152 times)

Orkel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: [BUGS] 0.31.01 bugs
« Reply #420 on: April 03, 2010, 07:44:49 am »

Also, I have huge pathfinding problems. Several dwarves are a few Z-levels below, but they can't find a path back up and are standing near the very stairs they came down from.
Quote from: madjoe5
Dwarf Fortress: The game in which people place abducted children in a furnace to see what happens.

Rafal99

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #421 on: April 03, 2010, 07:50:56 am »

Also, I have huge pathfinding problems. Several dwarves are a few Z-levels below, but they can't find a path back up and are standing near the very stairs they came down from.

Reported already. Try saving and loading, it works usually.
The spinning Tantrum Spiral strikes The Fortress in the meeting hall!
It explodes in gore!
The Fortress has been struck down.

morikal

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #422 on: April 03, 2010, 08:09:27 am »

- Kitchen screen (from z screen) shows different totals than highest-precision stocks. E.g., my stocks show no dwarven rum or dwarven ale at all (no question marks anywhere), but the kitchen screen has shown the same number of rum and ale (13 or so rum, 17 or so ale) for a while now.

- crash on military screen. Was playing around for at least 3 minutes in the military screen trying to figure out how to set different uniforms for different alert levels or activities (never did figure it out...). Crashed. forget exactly what I was doing when it crashed.

EDIT: Another military screen crash, may be same, not sure. Happened when I tried to copy paste no scheduled order around on the schedule. (Copying it was fine, pasting it crashed)

Oh, and now I have a dwarf trying to haul an iron pick... he is just standing still repeatedly cancelling the job saying the drop off is inaccessible. There is a weapon stockpile with empty space maybe 20 steps away, and nothing is blocking his path. (Solved by forbidding the item. May have been caused by the dwarf being part of a burrow that didn't overlap with the dropoff?)
« Last Edit: April 03, 2010, 09:21:31 am by morikal »

Psieye

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #423 on: April 03, 2010, 08:51:22 am »

I'm pretty sure having an artifact stolen should be an instant-tantrum bad thought for the creator. I was being careless and didn't move the artifact that got made on the surface workshop, which some Rhesus Macaque stole afterwards. That was several in-game months ago and I haven't lost any dwarf yet, so no tantrum resulted.
Military Training EXP Analysis
Congrats, Psieye. This is the first time I've seen a derailed thread get put back on the rails.

Chromasphere

• Bay Watcher
  • UUUUU,.,..,..,U,.""T"T"T"T""T
    • View Profile
« Reply #424 on: April 03, 2010, 08:52:08 am »

nm

« Last Edit: April 03, 2010, 08:55:55 am by Chromasphere »
"I saw the best minds of my generation destroyed by tantrums, starving hysterical naked,
    dragging themselves through the dwarven streets at dawn looking for a helpless cat"-Vaftrudner

"We aren't customers or investors - we're spectators tossing donations into the coin box while watching someone build their work of art"-Psieye

Binamrad

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #425 on: April 03, 2010, 08:52:52 am »

- Dwarves in my fortress has stopped claiming rooms, instead choosing to sleep in the hospital.
I'm not sure if this is a bug or because of the economy due to the fact that the Enormous Waves of Immigrants have left quite the job shortage. I think they should afford the 2*1 rooms though.

- The game crashes when hospital zones are removed
After a bit of investigating I came to the conclusion that removing the hospital zones were what lead to the crash I posted about earlier in this thread.
Also my Captain of the Guard wants a suite but I can't assign him to any object.
Nevermind, turns out her upper body was missing.

Sunday

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #426 on: April 03, 2010, 08:55:59 am »

-Migrant arrives with skill 'adequate crutch-walker', has no need for a crutch.

Spoiler: images (click to show/hide)
I don't think this is a bug - the implication is that he broke his leg sometime in the past, and it healed completely before he reached your fortress.

Chromasphere

• Bay Watcher
  • UUUUU,.,..,..,U,.""T"T"T"T""T
    • View Profile
« Reply #427 on: April 03, 2010, 08:58:32 am »

I'm pretty sure having an artifact stolen should be an instant-tantrum bad thought for the creator. I was being careless and didn't move the artifact that got made on the surface workshop, which some Rhesus Macaque stole afterwards. That was several in-game months ago and I haven't lost any dwarf yet, so no tantrum resulted.

Maybe he's a super-happy/optimistic dwarf?   ;D I always thought the tantrums were too sensitive anyway.  That's just my 2 cents though.   :)
"I saw the best minds of my generation destroyed by tantrums, starving hysterical naked,
    dragging themselves through the dwarven streets at dawn looking for a helpless cat"-Vaftrudner

"We aren't customers or investors - we're spectators tossing donations into the coin box while watching someone build their work of art"-Psieye

Totaku

• Bay Watcher
  • The little oni that strikes the earth
    • View Profile
« Reply #428 on: April 03, 2010, 09:03:36 am »

I just realized, Dwarves don't seem to have stat charatiristic on display in thier "V"iew anymore.

So no more Super Dwarfenly Strong, no incrediably agile, ect.

I don't know if this is a bug or not because of the new body mechanics, but it seems off it no longer shows it. (Guess I played the old version for too long)
That's one small step for man, one giant leap for Otakukind!

And maker of the mod in progress known as Suika Fortress Now for 0.34.xx!

Haspen

• Bay Watcher
  • Cthuwu
    • View Profile
« Reply #429 on: April 03, 2010, 09:08:16 am »

They have listed them in their profile, under 's'.

I think.
SigFlags!
Quote from: Draignean@Spamkingdom+
Truly, we have the most uniquely talented spy network in all existence.
Quote from: mightymushroom@Spamkingdom#
Please tell me the Royal Physician didn't go to the same college as the Spymaster.

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #430 on: April 03, 2010, 09:32:13 am »

I'm not 100% sure about this, but it seems when you change a squad's uniform, and both uniforms include the same armor they're wearing, they'll consider the armor not part of their uniform, and have no checkmark next to it on the Military->Equipment screen, and they apparently won't seek another(although I don't have more armor made at the moment).

I *could* be wrong, as they may have decided to take it off, since they weren't active(but still training while having civie profession titles). They were equipping training weapons, though.

I'm sure it's mentioned already, but gypsum powder(for casts) is bugged. It seems they never take the bag of powder to the hospital, and you cannot build bags with anything in it. A potential but I-have-not-tested workaround is to set a furniture stockpile in the hospital set to recieve boxes and bags and HOPE they bring it by, though I'm not even sure if that'll work.
They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

Sean Mirrsen

• Bay Watcher
  • Bearer of the Psionic Flame
    • View Profile
« Reply #431 on: April 03, 2010, 09:34:03 am »

Oh, and I think this is a bug of sorts as well, to be thrown in with the "underground fortress wealth" - soon after I embarked on a new fort, I started getting announcements for stuff being stolen. Upon examining the announcements, it appears that someone underground (a naked mole dog) was "stealing" food from someone underground - the items in question had curly brackets. In addition to the items being assigned to me being a bug, the announcements themselves should probably also count - they're off in an area I can't see, so even if the items are mine, they should be lost for my fortress.
Multiworld Madness Archive:
Game One, Discontinued at World 3.
Game Two, Discontinued at World 1.

"Europe has to grow out of the mindset that Europe's problems are the world's problems, but the world's problems are not Europe's problems."
- Subrahmanyam Jaishankar, Minister of External Affairs, India

Myroc

• Bay Watcher
  • Lurking Skeleton
    • View Profile
« Reply #432 on: April 03, 2010, 09:40:12 am »

This is probably because of the new pathfinding bug, but all my farmers are just standing around doing nothing while I'm getting spammed with "Urist McFarmer cancels Plant Seeds: Needs plump helmet spawn". Despite there clearly being plump helmet spawns in the food stockpile a few tiles away from the farm on another Z-level.
We all have problems. Some people just have more awesome problems than others.
Getting angry is fun. Getting angry over petty things even better.

Orkel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #433 on: April 03, 2010, 10:58:20 am »

My doctor never finishes suturing my patient. He has taken thread, gone over the patient and stood there for a while with the "Suture" task on his profile and then he leaves, only to come do it again in about two minutes. The patient's health page still shows "Needs sutures, needs dressing".
Quote from: madjoe5
Dwarf Fortress: The game in which people place abducted children in a furnace to see what happens.

Kat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #434 on: April 03, 2010, 11:02:19 am »

Building ramps seems a whole lot harder than it was in the previous version.

the dwarfs seem to keep getting stuck on the lower level once more digging takes place.

In previous version, I built these sorts of things
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
as a sort of stairwell thingy.

Now, sometimes this works, other times I have to dig rescue tunnels because the dwarfs keep getting stuck on the lower levels.
Pages: 1 ... 27 28 [29] 30 31 ... 38