Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 16 17 [18] 19 20 ... 38

Author Topic: [BUGS] 0.31.01 bugs  (Read 78239 times)

Naes Draw

• Bay Watcher
  • She likes modding for their customizability.
    • View Profile
Re: [BUGS] 0.31.01 bugs
« Reply #255 on: April 02, 2010, 08:56:01 am »

I don't know if it was a feature or bug, but individual1 was spurting "individual1's blood"
[CREATURE:CAT]
   [NAME:sena cat:sena cat:sena cat]
   [INTELLIGENT] [MISCHIEVOUS] [FEMALE]
   [PREFSTRING:craziness]
   [SHOES:ITEM_SHOES_SHOES:UNCOMMON]
   [PERMITTED_JOB:MODDER]

Kaermes

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #256 on: April 02, 2010, 09:25:09 am »

-Having same problems with pathfinding, save/load helps tho
-Sometimes military training doesn't start, they just stand there waiting for someone (all of them). Adding new, overlapping training areas for them helped though.
-One trogdolyte sneaked to my fortress and after 15 minutes of intense hacking with 4 axedwarves, it was only wounded as yellow (whole body), and winded
-Combat seems to slow and kill my gameplay, and it stacks - so after a couple hours of gameplay, the fps drops to 1 or 2 during any fight, and every hit freezes the computer for a second or something. This happens in arena too. Other gameplay is not effected, it freezes only during fighting. Restarting the game or starting a new fortress won't help. Odd enough, re-installing the game removes the problem, and all fights go on fast as normal, but same problem comes back after playing with a new fortress and some fighting. Messing with init-file won't do any good or bad, it stays the same.

Edit: Nvm about the axes, they used training weapons for some reason...
« Last Edit: April 02, 2010, 09:32:33 am by Kaermes »

HmH

• Bay Watcher
  • Cage Trap Personified
    • View Profile
« Reply #257 on: April 02, 2010, 09:41:30 am »

In "leaves" section, there are no Quarry bush leaves. Instead there are Rock Nuts.
The leaves themselves are both inedible and non-cookable now, rendering the quarry bushes useless.

HmH

• Bay Watcher
  • Cage Trap Personified
    • View Profile
« Reply #258 on: April 02, 2010, 09:42:44 am »

EDIT: double post.
« Last Edit: April 02, 2010, 10:12:15 am by HmH »

LegoLord

• Bay Watcher
  • Can you see it now?
    • View Profile
« Reply #259 on: April 02, 2010, 09:59:32 am »

-Traction benches can't be made without an iron table.  However, if you have an iron table, the mechanic will just use any old table that happens to be nearby.
"Oh look there is a dragon my clothes might burn let me take them off and only wear steel plate."
And this is how tinned food was invented.
Alternately: The Brick Testament. It's a really fun look at what the bible would look like if interpreted literally. With Legos.
Just so I remember

pavlov

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #260 on: April 02, 2010, 10:00:43 am »

A suturer is confused. He keeps going to the patient with thread, then after a second his job changes to "Store item in bin" and he returns the thread to a cloth stockpile. He repeats this over and over and over. This is my 2nd injured dwarf - he was able to suture the first one but for some reason the 2nd one is confusing him.

Upper body:
needs sutures

Right upper leg:
needs sutures
This animal is waiting for conflict.
Ready for slaughter? (Y)

pavlov

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #261 on: April 02, 2010, 10:10:36 am »

Outpost liason dead on arrival. His corpse appeared on the edge of the map in my 2nd winter. There are no relevant combat reports. No blood either.
This animal is waiting for conflict.
Ready for slaughter? (Y)

ein Syndication

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #262 on: April 02, 2010, 10:18:18 am »

-Traction benches can't be made without an iron table.  However, if you have an iron table, the mechanic will just use any old table that happens to be nearby.
I made a traction bench with a chalk table way before I had iron in that fort.

BBW

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #263 on: April 02, 2010, 10:32:27 am »

Flow doesn't seem to be adjusted to the new weight system. A 1/7 flowing water tile pushes a lead breastplate around with ease. 6/7 flow tends to make items disappear by skyrocketing them to nowhere, even in a closed tunnel.

GreyMage

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #264 on: April 02, 2010, 10:41:00 am »

I too lost every Nobles position except for Militia Commanders and Militia captains. Quite game breaking when the stocks can't count over 10.

Have not yet found a fix, saving/loading does nothing.

denspb

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #265 on: April 02, 2010, 10:51:14 am »

-Combat seems to slow and kill my gameplay, and it stacks - so after a couple hours of gameplay, the fps drops to 1 or 2 during any fight, and every hit freezes the computer for a second or something. This happens in arena too. Other gameplay is not effected, it freezes only during fighting. Restarting the game or starting a new fortress won't help. Odd enough, re-installing the game removes the problem, and all fights go on fast as normal, but same problem comes back after playing with a new fortress and some fighting. Messing with init-file won't do any good or bad, it stays the same.
It might be related to new extensive combat logging. If code that appends new line to game log is somehow flawed, it would look like this.

ToadChild

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #266 on: April 02, 2010, 11:00:10 am »

I don't think I've seen anything that wasn't already reported, but I just wanted to get myself counted as well.

* Vermin in my outside refuse piles are not rotting away
* Closing off the area I'd dug out for my cistern screwed up pathing
* Got 9 migrants on my first summer, even though my fort was barely more than a hole in the ground.
* The labors the migrants had enabled didn't match their skills very well (cheesemaker didn't have cheesemaking turned on, etc.)
* Migrants seemed mostly interested in hanging out in the meeting hall, rather than being industrious
* Woodcutter and miners work to the point of exhaustion
* Superabundance of mineral resources (I can't dig a tunnel in any direction without hitting some economically valuable vein)

bartosh

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #267 on: April 02, 2010, 11:01:01 am »

Sixth Head!!

Erk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #268 on: April 02, 2010, 11:06:34 am »

'River' cancels eat: Food is problematic.

Psieye

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #269 on: April 02, 2010, 11:15:20 am »

Found how to do a Bone & Shell only stockpile:

They're now considered Body Parts. This means if I wanted a pile just for turtle shells, I'd need to find "Turtle body parts" and enable only that. It's like on the 10th page of all possible species.
Military Training EXP Analysis
Congrats, Psieye. This is the first time I've seen a derailed thread get put back on the rails.
Pages: 1 ... 16 17 [18] 19 20 ... 38