Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 15 16 [17] 18 19 ... 38

Author Topic: [BUGS] 0.31.01 bugs  (Read 78189 times)

Binamrad

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: [BUGS] 0.31.01 bugs
« Reply #240 on: April 02, 2010, 07:21:11 am »

I can confirm having huge created wealth on embark.

Probably related: Has anyone checked the shift-R buildings list? I have an "Upright (*adamantine short sword*)" on z-level -118.

I seem to have one as well. Mine is on level -32 though.
Also my Captain of the Guard wants a suite but I can't assign him to any object.
Nevermind, turns out her upper body was missing.

BBW

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #241 on: April 02, 2010, 07:23:44 am »

Magma is as deadly as water, just about. Creatures inside it sustain little to no injuries, possibly thanks to their layering. They do burn, however. Creatures with ??lips?? seem to die of bleeding to death once sustaining light brown damage to those organs, humans also die a few seconds after sustaining lip damage. It is possibly lips, as an elephant submerged in magma stood there for quite some time despite being on fire. It eventually died due to suffocation.

Askot Bokbondeler

• Bay Watcher
  • please line up orderly
    • View Profile
« Reply #242 on: April 02, 2010, 07:24:20 am »

I can confirm having huge created wealth on embark.

Probably related: Has anyone checked the shift-R buildings list? I have an "Upright (*adamantine short sword*)" on z-level -118.

that sounds awesome and spoilery

EvilTwin

• Bay Watcher
  • likes skeletons for their afros
    • View Profile
« Reply #243 on: April 02, 2010, 07:32:26 am »

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

This guy seems to have serious problems, but he is still standing... Dwarf Fortress truly is SPARTA, since he is also "fine" with the gobbos killing his wife and child.

Walliard

• Bay Watcher
  • On Break
    • View Profile
« Reply #244 on: April 02, 2010, 07:34:10 am »

To anyone with pathing problems on miners:

Try desigating a variety of jobs for them. I had a couple thirsty miners stuck in the middle of nowhere with "No Job", despite a section of digging they both could reach. Designating a single down stair got them both going again.
Toady, how much of DF is inspired by Labyrinth? Is Armok actually David Bowie? Because that would simultaneously be disturbing and awesome.

Spectre

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #245 on: April 02, 2010, 07:49:24 am »

The 'any ranged weapon' option seems broken. My archer insisted on equiping meele weapons.

Vince

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #246 on: April 02, 2010, 08:02:31 am »

The Recruit punches The Skeletal Hoary Marmot in the second left rear toe with her right hand, shattering the nail!

Skeletons have nails?

Z1000000m

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #247 on: April 02, 2010, 08:03:38 am »

It needs to be the number pad + and -

well that would explain everything since my keyboard has numpad keys in its "main part" that are activated with num lock (meaning also that i only have one - and one +)
thanks alot

Vordrak

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #248 on: April 02, 2010, 08:04:52 am »

Crashes on trying to create a world with GRAPHICS:ON or trying to go to the arena.

Crash on trying to embark (largest area).

roguester

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #249 on: April 02, 2010, 08:08:25 am »

Restricting dwarves to burrows spams "cannot reach item" cancellations, much like the "stay inside" order before.

My craftsdwarf spent a year making "unknown substance crafts" which was the only option in the workshop. After a year he had gained no skill and produced nothing, which was unsurprising since he used nothing to make it. What was surprising was that he took so long to do it. I had to enable bonecarving for him to take the job.

Ametsala

• Bay Watcher
  • "needs chocolate to get through the working day"
    • View Profile
« Reply #250 on: April 02, 2010, 08:14:24 am »

- There seems to be a problem with making prepared food out of booze.  They drag barrels of booze into the kitchen and then just stand there until they get too hungry/thirsty/tired and then leave.
I've been boozecooking all over the place, and didn't get anything like this. Maybe there's a burrow conflict or something?

I just tried this with fine meal and dwarven wine. The food was prepared right but then someone went to DRINK(!) it, stands there for a while and then I get a message "dorf cancels eat: Job item lost or destroyed". Also two parts vanished from the stew and one part seems to have turned into 'a pool of dwarven wine'. Which is under liquids in the stocks screen.

barconis

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #251 on: April 02, 2010, 08:23:56 am »

Pathfinding: Linking levers to floodgates can be problematic, with the task being steadily cancelled as inaccessible. Eventually I had the task completed after repeatedly re-enabling it, but it seems that the location at which to do the job is picked at random when the job is activated and only later checks to see if it's reachable. So if the dwarf chose a spot inside the chamber sealed by the floodgate, it couldn't link it and wouldn't automatically try an alternate work location. (It can path to the floodgate itself just fine.)

Rafal99

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #252 on: April 02, 2010, 08:24:39 am »

It seems that my dogs are wrestling wild animals instead of biting them... :O

I also had problem with building doors, when I was placing it in one tile I could place it just fine, but on another nearby tile I was getting the message saying that I have no have doors available.
« Last Edit: April 02, 2010, 08:28:06 am by Rafal99 »
The spinning Tantrum Spiral strikes The Fortress in the meeting hall!
It explodes in gore!
The Fortress has been struck down.

Torham

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #253 on: April 02, 2010, 08:27:35 am »

ok i have got a new one.
-Channeling a brook produces slopes in the water, even when you channel in the middle of brook(all tiles around the channeled tile are "brook, 7/7 water").
The channeling of brook surface also produces rocks, though im not sure what they are based on ( the river itself has got Yellow sand banks, the slopes in the water say Yellow sand ramp, but the leftover stones are Gabbro).

PS: mayby Footkerchief (or whoever is in charge of forums atm )wants to organize all confirmed bugs into one pinned thread, where noone esle may post, as not to create chatter clutter/double, tripple posting of bugs?
I, for one, welcome our new Pony Overlords.

pavlov

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #254 on: April 02, 2010, 08:42:45 am »

- Embarked on a map. During the first month, FPS gradually dropped from 100 to an unplayable 1. This was on a 2x2 map with 2 'untamed wild' mountain and 2 'wilderness' woodland tiles. There was a giant eagle flying around. Problem was specific to this embark. Save is available on request.

- In general, military dwarves misbehave:
1) I cannot remove dwarves from the "Individual Combat Drill" job - they continue to do it when removed from a squad, even if re-added to a squad and the squad is disbanded. Saving/reloading does not help. Undesignating the barracks does not help. Changing their orders does not help. Also, once they are re-added to a squad in this state, they take off all their clothes and ignore equipment settings.
2) Militia captains take liberties with equipment settings. They like to pick up extra things and refuse to de-assign equipment from themselves. They'll walk around with multiple shields and multiple axes. In one case I had a marksdwarf captain holding 2 crossbows and a PICK. The pick is totally random - he has never been assigned to Mining and was never assigned to hold picks.
3) Eventually all the dwarves in a squad ignore equipment settings. Assigning an Arsenal Dwarf does not help.
4) Marksdwarves do not seem to pick up ammo no matter what. Could be due to the default ammo setting of (100) [will experiment]
5) Dwarves will only loosely respect the station setting, deciding to stand in a very wide formation around it, sometimes putting them behind nearby walls, etc. 40d station formations were tighter.

- Hospital zone picked up nearly twice as much cloth as the (default) amount assigned.

- Crashed on save. Was able to reload the game w/o incidence (I hope). Save available on request.
« Last Edit: April 02, 2010, 08:45:41 am by pavlov »
This animal is waiting for conflict.
Ready for slaughter? (Y)
Pages: 1 ... 15 16 [17] 18 19 ... 38