Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 15 16 [17] 18 19 ... 36

Author Topic: New version - first impressions [Spoilers!]  (Read 56536 times)

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
Re: New version - first impressions [Spoilers!]
« Reply #240 on: April 02, 2010, 03:14:53 pm »

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Anyway, my best guess is that Slade is hardcoded to be indestructible. If you look in the Raw definitions, it's density, strength in all categories, etc. are all so absurdly high, I'm not sure nuclear fire would melt it.
Its also apparently custom reaction proof. I tried making it in a smelter and the reaction made clay instead.
« Last Edit: April 02, 2010, 03:41:43 pm by Aklyon »
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

GRead

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #241 on: April 02, 2010, 03:35:23 pm »

Slade has no metal version or anything like that for a reason. It is unminable. I came across some non-clown HFS in a temple made of slade (see a few pages back), and it can not be designated for mining (much like partially molten rock found at magma seas). However, I would bet removing the [DEEP] tag would change that...
Strange thought, and I'm sure if it does work it's probably a bug, but...
Did you try designating it to be removed as construction?

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #242 on: April 02, 2010, 03:43:38 pm »

I copied the info for Slade from inorganic_stone_mineral.txt into inorganic_metal.txt, then added 3 lines to fill in what all the rest of the metals had but it didn't. then I made a reaction to make the metal bar, and it worked. But the metalsmith's forge doesn't notice it. can/how do you fix that?
Spoiler: Slade Metal (click to show/hide)
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

moki

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #243 on: April 02, 2010, 04:06:44 pm »

My first imopression? What the --- ---! Wow :P
The embark screen. The list of skills, to be precise. Dwarves can be trained to bite, kick and hit stuff with random objects? By Ironblood, I see martial arts involving various pieces of furniture. Also, the detailed descriptions of dwarves. I could become attached to those little buggers.
And then in fortress mode, digging down, down... down... hey, why is there an ocean under my fortress? And a sea of magma? Wow... it's freaking dwarf heaven on a 4x4 embark ;D
But my good sir, the second death was for Dwarven Science!

InsanityPrelude

• Bay Watcher
  • O SHI--
    • View Profile
« Reply #244 on: April 02, 2010, 04:25:11 pm »

My second genned world has a carpload of forgotten beasts. Venturing into the underground ought to be Fun.

Exporting the legends to XML produced a 11.6 MB document. That's a lot of stuff. :O The code seems to have issues, though (all the HTML is visible.)
Forget down stairs, make an up stair
And then what?  Mine the sky? . . .  Actually, that'd be awesome.

Lemunde

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #245 on: April 02, 2010, 04:30:10 pm »

Has anyone tried adventure mode yet?  Any neat changes there or anything?

Ampersand

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #246 on: April 02, 2010, 04:39:50 pm »

I tried it. Recruiting seems a lot easier this time around. I got a fairly decent axe-man as a partner with just my base wrestling skills. We killed a cougar together. We died when we tried to fight a dragon, though.
!!&!!

Peewee

• Bay Watcher
  • Watcher Of Bays
    • View Profile
« Reply #247 on: April 02, 2010, 04:47:34 pm »

Uh. I was just skimming through the raws.
Who else is looking forward to meeting up with a
Spoiler: new creature spoilers (click to show/hide)
?

GRead

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #248 on: April 02, 2010, 05:03:08 pm »

So I was poking around the Raws based on curiosity over the whole Bronze Colossus thing (they can be killed, BTW; you just need to mod in a weapon big enough to do it, as none exist in vanilla) and did a little math.

Assuming the sizes progress linearly, a Bronze Colossus should be roughly 285.7 times the size of an average human. Assuming 5'9" is average, that makes it about 1642 feet tall. Taller than most skyscrapers.

At 1000 years, Dragons are bigger.
Look out Tokyo.

Edit: Turns out my math is bad and this is completely wrong. C'est la vie.
« Last Edit: April 02, 2010, 06:33:23 pm by GRead »

Cruxador

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #249 on: April 02, 2010, 05:19:12 pm »

So I was poking around the Raws based on curiosity over the whole Bronze Colossus thing (they can be killed, BTW; you just need to mod in a weapon big enough to do it, as none exist in vanilla) and did a little math.

Assuming the sizes progress linearly, a Bronze Colossus should be roughly 285.7 times the size of an average human. Assuming 5'9" is average, that makes it about 1642 feet tall. Taller than most skyscrapers.

Look out Tokyo.

Except size is actually a measure of volume. Height does not increase linearly.

Dakk

• Bay Watcher
  • BLARAGLGLGL!
    • View Profile
« Reply #250 on: April 02, 2010, 05:39:29 pm »

Look out Tokyo.

Sooo, they're just really, really bloated then?
Code: [Select]
    ︠     ︡
 ノ          ﺍ
ლ(ಠ益ಠლ)  ┻━┻

Table flipping, singed style.

InsanityPrelude

• Bay Watcher
  • O SHI--
    • View Profile
« Reply #251 on: April 02, 2010, 05:49:33 pm »

They add width as they add height is what I think he means?
Forget down stairs, make an up stair
And then what?  Mine the sky? . . .  Actually, that'd be awesome.

Dante

• Bay Watcher
  • Dante likes cats for their corrupt intentions.
    • View Profile
« Reply #252 on: April 02, 2010, 05:54:45 pm »

"The Forgotten Beast kicks The War Dog in the head with its left front foot, bruising the muscle, jamming the skull through the brain and tearing apart the brain!"

That's right: it kicked it so hard and fast that it forced the dog's skull right through the brain and out of its head, presumably leaving the brain still in there, splattered about in the cavity.

Max White

• Bay Watcher
  • Still not hollowed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #253 on: April 02, 2010, 05:57:14 pm »

Look out Tokyo.

And yet they still fit easily in the one story high front door.

Cruxador

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #254 on: April 02, 2010, 06:01:06 pm »

Look out Tokyo.

Sooo, they're just really, really bloated then?
Not necessarily - height is unspecified. Thus we assume they are approximately as tall as one would expect a dragon of that volume to be.
Pages: 1 ... 15 16 [17] 18 19 ... 36