Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 27 28 [29] 30 31

Author Topic: Dwarf Fortress 0.31.01 Released  (Read 121954 times)

Jackrabbit

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Dwarf Fortress 0.31.01 Released
« Reply #420 on: April 07, 2010, 07:24:17 am »

True that.

bluephoenix

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #421 on: April 07, 2010, 07:25:23 am »

You would be even smarter if you enabled at least yearly autosave, and autobackup. With how probable crashes are in general, not keeping seasonal autobackup is downright irresponsible.

:(   I guess I just got spoiled by v.40d which didnt need anything like that enabled

G-Flex

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #422 on: April 07, 2010, 07:34:05 am »

Seasonal autosave and backup have always been a good idea. After all, in a way, every release is a test release, and it pays to have backups.
There are 2 types of people in the world: Those who understand hexadecimal, and those who don't.
Visit the #Bay12Games IRC channel on NewNet
== Human Renovation: My Deus Ex mod/fan patch (v1.30, updated 5/31/2012) ==

blinking icons

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #423 on: April 07, 2010, 08:47:02 am »

NONONO! BAD TOADY! BAD! Not only do you destroy the beginning summer here for me, you are also interrupting my Master of Magic frenzy! Now I'm completely torn. I have stuff to do in the garden, too, you know. Thats right, real farming.

(as a side node: why is booze cooking still on by default?? There goes most of my stock...)
The Thresher looks sick!
The Thresher looks even more sick!
The Thresher vomits.

Weird Guy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #424 on: April 07, 2010, 09:41:55 am »

Thank you Toady!

Bugs or not, this looks like progress to me!
************: yea, cuz i didnt spend hours diggin out a fort...no..i spent hours trying to get the cats fuck eachother so i can watch them be on the same tile

;O

Zared

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #425 on: April 07, 2010, 09:47:40 am »

(I can't figure out how to get them to pick up the weapons I assigned them)
Yeah in the military screen it says that they should pick up any prefered melee weapon but when I activate them most of them just walk around as wrestler.
I think you need to have an arsenal dwarf before they'll start obeying their uniform settings.  You certainly need one before all items (as opposed to just a few) start showing up in the "Use specific..." menus. 

Oh, had some more good times with the new HFS:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Mandemon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #426 on: April 07, 2010, 01:21:10 pm »

Uuhh, toady? Gems are turning into a problem here...

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
█████
█████
NOGRANIA SHALL NEVER DIE

Cannalan Pirate

Sean Mirrsen

• Bay Watcher
  • Bearer of the Psionic Flame
    • View Profile
« Reply #427 on: April 07, 2010, 01:40:19 pm »

Well, what did you expect? They probably still have 100% chances of appearance in the raws, and the geology changes resulted in an immense amount of populable slots.

Btw, is there a Reveal app for DF2010 yet?
Multiworld Madness Archive:
Game One, Discontinued at World 3.
Game Two, Discontinued at World 1.

"Europe has to grow out of the mindset that Europe's problems are the world's problems, but the world's problems are not Europe's problems."
- Subrahmanyam Jaishankar, Minister of External Affairs, India

Lord Shonus

• Bay Watcher
  • Angle of Death
    • View Profile
« Reply #428 on: April 07, 2010, 03:04:58 pm »

Yeah in the military screen it says that they should pick up any prefered melee weapon but when I activate them most of them just walk around as wrestler.
I think you need to have an arsenal dwarf before they'll start obeying their uniform settings.  You certainly need one before all items (as opposed to just a few) start showing up in the "Use specific..." menus. 

You do NOT need an arsenal dwarf to use Uniforms in the early stages of a fort. 
On Giant In the Playground and Something Awful I am Gnoman.
Man, ninja'd by a potentially inebriated Lord Shonus. I was gonna say to burn it.

bluephoenix

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #429 on: April 07, 2010, 06:30:30 pm »

You do NOT need an arsenal dwarf to use Uniforms in the early stages of a fort. 
Well I did, when my aresnal dwarf arrived (and I made him an office) he started working on uniform mainfests in his office and soon thereafter all my soldiers were making a beeline for the armour and weapon stockpile which had allready filled up.

highholyme

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #430 on: April 07, 2010, 07:07:32 pm »

And here I was debating if I should check the site.  ;D

Count Dorku

• Bay Watcher
  • Sounds Fun
    • View Profile
« Reply #431 on: April 07, 2010, 07:56:03 pm »

OH YES.

The History of the fortress Mansionboats:

Day 1: Embark.

Count Dorku suspends Embark: Busy saying "Holy shit" at skills list.

Embark resumed, start digging.

Day 2: Try and dig 50 levels down to give dwarves the deepest possible mausoleum.

Suddenly, elk birds! (And Zoidberg a crundle!)

Suddenly, magma! Suddenly early migrants! Suddenly funnonite!

Suddenly I have no idea how to kill the crundles that come staggering up the stairs and disturbing everyone! (I've checked the wiki, so I should be able to see off the blighters now. Then I'm just going to hollow out the funnonite - I haven't had any clownkills as long as I've been playing this game and want to watch some carnage.)
"when in doubt, Magma"

Miners are diggin out nicely, everything will go right, i hope. hell, what am i even saying? this is dwarf fortress. it wont go right.

Skynet 2.0

• Bay Watcher
  • Rogue AI
    • View Profile
« Reply #432 on: April 07, 2010, 08:22:42 pm »

My dwarves refuse to make charcoal, despite several of them having the Furnace Operator job. In addition, the mason who makes the workshop seems to get stuck in it, staying on it even when drafted.

dragnar

• Bay Watcher
  • [Glub]
    • View Profile
« Reply #433 on: April 07, 2010, 08:27:22 pm »

*spam*
Hey look! Spam! That's the first I've seen of it on this forum. Rather incompetent spam as well, not a very well programmed bot...
From this thread, I learned that video cameras have a dangerosity of 60 kiloswords per second.  Thanks again, Mad Max.

Daywalkah

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #434 on: April 07, 2010, 08:33:38 pm »

Yeah, what's with the spam? I've seen this guy post in Threetoe's Zecalo Bronzeflower Story something similar to this. An added note, a forest fire just killed my civilization of satyrs  :D.
Magma cancels flow; interrupted by Ironblood.
Pages: 1 ... 27 28 [29] 30 31