Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 20 21 [22] 23 24 ... 31

Author Topic: Dwarf Fortress 0.31.01 Released  (Read 122045 times)

Daywalkah

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Dwarf Fortress 0.31.01 Released
« Reply #315 on: April 03, 2010, 11:15:31 am »

Has anybody seen any fish yet?  My fort is in a mountain that backs onto a great lake, and is fed by a river.  The river has no fish, the lake has no fish, the murky pools have no fish, the underground lake layer has no fish (though it does have vermin fish, it still cannot be fished from).  Its been running 2 years now, still zero fish anywhere.

I have seen throughout the forum people asking if there are fish, in response to this, I had fish, but the river froze.
Magma cancels flow; interrupted by Ironblood.

cowofdoom78963

• Bay Watcher
  • check
    • View Profile
« Reply #316 on: April 03, 2010, 11:30:37 am »

I need to ask a question. When you look at peoples health what does the "46" stand for?

Diablous

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:avatar's cuteness]
    • View Profile
« Reply #317 on: April 03, 2010, 11:31:50 am »

I need to ask a question. When you look at peoples health what does the "46" stand for?
It's basically the arrow keys. You use 4 to scroll to the left, 6 to the right. You can use the arrow keys though.
Quote from: Solifuge
A catgirl, whom oft it would please
To dine on a pizza, with cheese,
Thought it was quite fine
To be partly feline,
Excepting the hairballs and fleas.

cowofdoom78963

• Bay Watcher
  • check
    • View Profile
« Reply #318 on: April 03, 2010, 11:37:58 am »

ok, I thought everyone was 46 years old or something. :P

SirPenguin

• Bay Watcher
  • NEVER A DULL MOMENT IN MID-WORLD
    • View Profile
« Reply #319 on: April 03, 2010, 12:01:41 pm »

Great release, Toady. For all the bugs and goofiness I'm have a great time using all the new features and all the fun stuff to do. Don't get discouraged by the bug tracker!

fnool

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #320 on: April 03, 2010, 12:14:07 pm »

Wonderful news! My fiscal contribution shall be on its way as soon as the Mac version hits.

dragnar

• Bay Watcher
  • [Glub]
    • View Profile
« Reply #321 on: April 03, 2010, 12:54:42 pm »

Wow. I finally got my military to start training and had a pair of legendary wrestlers in around a month. How long did that take in the last version? I've never used anything but deathtraps/magma for defense before.
From this thread, I learned that video cameras have a dangerosity of 60 kiloswords per second.  Thanks again, Mad Max.

abadidea

• Bay Watcher
  • [IS_8BIT_PROGRAMMER]
    • View Profile
    • 0xabad1dea
« Reply #322 on: April 03, 2010, 01:03:11 pm »

Wow. I finally got my military to start training and had a pair of legendary wrestlers in around a month. How long did that take in the last version? I've never used anything but deathtraps/magma for defense before.

In Old Version, your first group of recruits would often take less than two minutes realtime to go to legendary wrestling. Now we're at the other extreme...  :D

Hmmm, the bug thread is longer than the release thread!
ABadIdea likes bandfire opal, black opal, claro opal, crystal opal, fire opal, harlequin opal, jelly opal, levin opal, pinfire opal, precious fire opal, red flash opal, white opal, and microcline for its vibrant hue.

glory in the thunder, resplendent in the sky <-- I wrote a whole novel. There will be more.

Megaman

• Bay Watcher
  • What is love?
    • View Profile
« Reply #323 on: April 03, 2010, 01:47:15 pm »

Not a bug persay, but a coding oversight-I have more than 1000 units of food and my troops are unhappy and complaining of starvation because they do not eat/drink as soon as they are hungry, unlike before when they did eat as soon as they were hungry
edit: After looking at the elf civ screen, I can see the Queen is also an Elf Drunk :D
« Last Edit: April 03, 2010, 01:50:02 pm by Megaman »
Hello Hunam

Lord Shonus

• Bay Watcher
  • Angle of Death
    • View Profile
« Reply #324 on: April 03, 2010, 02:18:05 pm »

You have to give them downtime. Dwarves doing tasks will try to complete them before eating or drinking. Tasks like soldiering or (d)esignations don't provide the handy breaks other tasks do, so it's more severe there (which is something of a bug in regards to mining).
On Giant In the Playground and Something Awful I am Gnoman.
Man, ninja'd by a potentially inebriated Lord Shonus. I was gonna say to burn it.

abadidea

• Bay Watcher
  • [IS_8BIT_PROGRAMMER]
    • View Profile
    • 0xabad1dea
« Reply #325 on: April 03, 2010, 02:53:47 pm »

You have to give them downtime. Dwarves doing tasks will try to complete them before eating or drinking. Tasks like soldiering or (d)esignations don't provide the handy breaks other tasks do, so it's more severe there (which is something of a bug in regards to mining).

I think Footkerchief said somewhere (can't find it) that the new obsession with working oneself to death will be toned down a bit, or maybe that they won't get unhappy thoughts from working through thirst when they could just leave.
ABadIdea likes bandfire opal, black opal, claro opal, crystal opal, fire opal, harlequin opal, jelly opal, levin opal, pinfire opal, precious fire opal, red flash opal, white opal, and microcline for its vibrant hue.

glory in the thunder, resplendent in the sky <-- I wrote a whole novel. There will be more.

Diablous

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:avatar's cuteness]
    • View Profile
« Reply #326 on: April 03, 2010, 03:03:29 pm »

I think Footkerchief said somewhere (can't find it) that the new obsession with working oneself to death will be toned down a bit, or maybe that they won't get unhappy thoughts from working through thirst when they could just leave.
I personally just want the thoughts to go away. The "finish before you eat" thing was one of the things I really wanted.
Quote from: Solifuge
A catgirl, whom oft it would please
To dine on a pizza, with cheese,
Thought it was quite fine
To be partly feline,
Excepting the hairballs and fleas.

Sean Mirrsen

• Bay Watcher
  • Bearer of the Psionic Flame
    • View Profile
« Reply #327 on: April 03, 2010, 03:08:54 pm »

Anybody else find the version number "0.31.01" fitting in a rather unconventional way? 3+1 is 4, and 0.04.01 can be read as 01/04/10 with a little imagination and the right regional settings...
Multiworld Madness Archive:
Game One, Discontinued at World 3.
Game Two, Discontinued at World 1.

"Europe has to grow out of the mindset that Europe's problems are the world's problems, but the world's problems are not Europe's problems."
- Subrahmanyam Jaishankar, Minister of External Affairs, India

lordnincompoop

• Bay Watcher
  • Allusionist
    • View Profile
« Reply #328 on: April 03, 2010, 03:12:41 pm »

Anybody else find the version number "0.31.01" fitting in a rather unconventional way? 3+1 is 4, and 0.04.01 can be read as 01/04/10 with a little imagination and the right regional settings...

True. But what irks me about the new numbering is that it broke the system that was previously used. I don't understand it anymore.

Footkerchief

• Bay Watcher
  • The Juffo-Wup is strong in this place.
    • View Profile
« Reply #329 on: April 03, 2010, 03:17:34 pm »

True. But what irks me about the new numbering is that it broke the system that was previously used. I don't understand it anymore.

The first two numbers are the same as before.  The Req and Bloat numbers have been replaced by a simple release number.  So, you can read 0.31.01 as: version 0, 31 Cores Completed, Release 1.
Pages: 1 ... 20 21 [22] 23 24 ... 31