Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 31

Author Topic: Dwarf Fortress 0.31.01 Released  (Read 121994 times)

timmeh

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My Portfolio
Re: Dwarf Fortress 0.31.01 Released
« Reply #120 on: April 01, 2010, 07:37:10 pm »

Figures my computer decides to all-but-die right in time for this :P

Looks awesome though, I may have to find a way to play in short bursts...

Thanks Toady One!
On the Wall is a Masterfully engraved carving of Urist McHardcastle and Goblins. Urist McHardcastle is surrounded by the Goblins. The Golbins are stamping on Urist McHardcastle. Urist McHardcaste is laughing at the Goblins. The carving related to the prolonged and bloody death of Urist McHardcastle in the Fall of 1659, the Winter of 1659, and the Spring of 1660. On the engraving is an image of Cheese.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #121 on: April 01, 2010, 07:50:52 pm »

Dying praise.

Stromko

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #122 on: April 01, 2010, 07:53:17 pm »

Ack, space bar no longer backs out of everything, it only controls pause/unpause? I don't think that's a good change.

edit: I was able to change it in keybindings easily enough. Aside from that, YAY, new version! Been looking forward to this for years, it's felt that way if not actually been that way by point of fact (though the 'viewer updates'/D versions have been very welcome).

I'm liking it so far, I've had to change my tactics and snap out of old habits, and I haven't even busted into the underground yet. There's a lava layer now? Yay, no more having to find a volcano I guess.
« Last Edit: April 01, 2010, 07:58:02 pm by Stromko »

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #123 on: April 01, 2010, 07:54:06 pm »

Ack, space bar no longer backs out of everything, it only controls pause/unpause? I don't think that's a good change.

Agreed, using esc every time is taxing.

Urist McOverlord

• Bay Watcher
  • [Evil_Genius]
    • View Profile
« Reply #124 on: April 01, 2010, 07:55:27 pm »

Esc to back out? It's... a change, although I would agree that spacebar was better suited for that, considering how often you back out of everything.

Also:  ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D
Magma: The cause of, and solution to, all life's problems.

If it moves, it wants to kill you. It may not try to, but it wants to.

thvaz

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #125 on: April 01, 2010, 07:55:35 pm »

I'm a bit dissapointed with hydras(haven't found any other megabeasts yet). My brand-new adventurer, had never fought anything else, punched one to death, and didn't even get hit. Before: accomplished dodger. After: legendary +15 fighter/wrestler. Punching kills things SLOW.

Also, I struck the finishing slow with the hydra's own tooth. I wonder if I can make this thing an artifact...

Edit: What the... I was exploring the caverns and found a bunch of leather + a stack of 5 prepared meals. It appears another adventurer failed to kill the colossus I was after. Best part is, that stuff wasn't there when I got here. It only showed up on the way out.

Yeah, me too. I killed one with a new adventurer without most trouble. It looks like it never attacked with all its heads. She never damaged me, for I dodged most of the blows, and when it hitted me it couldn't get past my iron armor.

Darkerson

• Bay Watcher
  • Join the Cult of Toady today!
    • View Profile
« Reply #126 on: April 01, 2010, 07:56:25 pm »

Just gotta wait for a Mayday tileset now.

Its on the wiki...has been all day since this was released

heres a link

http://df.magmawiki.com/index.php/DF2010:Tileset
Core i5-2500k @ 5.0Ghz, 2GB Geforce GTX 770, 16GB DDR3 1600Mhz, Asrock Extreme3 Gen3, Samsung 840 Pro 128GB x2 (RAID0), Samsung 2TB + 64GB Agility 3 (Intel RST Cache)

Tayron

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #127 on: April 01, 2010, 08:01:31 pm »

The spacebar thing sorta annoyed me too.  Probably fine for someone just learning the game, but I've gotten very used to using the spacebar to back out.

BUT!  On that note, you can change it.

Go to inits, and open the Interface.txt

Change
[LEAVESCREEN:ESCAPE]
[LEAVESCREEN_ALL:SHIFT+ESCAPE]

To
[LEAVESCREEN:SPACE]
[LEAVESCREEN_ALL:SHIFT+SPACE]

[edit]  And apparently I was wrong when I said dual core isn't supported.  It doesn't seem to use it while doing world gen, but during actual gameplay it seems to.

Kaelem Gaen

• Bay Watcher
  • And then it appeared the most terrifying creature
    • View Profile
« Reply #128 on: April 01, 2010, 08:03:27 pm »

Oh right isn't there a specific form of BMP needed for tilesets to work?

BloodBeard

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #129 on: April 01, 2010, 08:17:00 pm »

The spacebar thing sorta annoyed me too.  Probably fine for someone just learning the game, but I've gotten very used to using the spacebar to back out.

BUT!  On that note, you can change it.

Go to inits, and open the Interface.txt

Change
[LEAVESCREEN:ESCAPE]
[LEAVESCREEN_ALL:SHIFT+ESCAPE]

To
[LEAVESCREEN:SPACE]
[LEAVESCREEN_ALL:SHIFT+SPACE]

Ooo, thanks for that. I too am used to the spacebar and felt out of place using esc.

PTTG??

• Bay Watcher
  • Kringrus! Babak crulurg tingra!
    • View Profile
    • http://www.nowherepublishing.com
« Reply #130 on: April 01, 2010, 08:21:15 pm »

36 Kobolds vrs. 1 Legendary human champion in full admantine armor.
He didn't stand a chance.
A thousand million pool balls made from precious metals, covered in beef stock.

James.Denholm

• Bay Watcher
  • [HAS_NO_HUMOURS]
    • View Profile
« Reply #131 on: April 01, 2010, 08:21:43 pm »

The Lonely Island once made a song that roughly describes my current state.

Go Bay12Games!
Imagine a combination of power goals 44 and 45: The ruler convenes a council of the nobles to appoint you the high priest of the nearby towns. Instead of waiting for them to finish their drinking session, you walk in and crush a goblet while berating their disgusting behaviour and general incompetence.

deathc4

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #132 on: April 01, 2010, 08:27:00 pm »

Just gotta wait for a Mayday tileset now.

Its on the wiki...has been all day since this was released

heres a link

http://df.magmawiki.com/index.php/DF2010:Tileset

Oh, huuuurrr, im dumb. Many thanks.

Arihim

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #133 on: April 01, 2010, 08:29:55 pm »

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

h3lblad3

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #134 on: April 01, 2010, 08:31:15 pm »

I'm a bit dissapointed with hydras(haven't found any other megabeasts yet). My brand-new adventurer, had never fought anything else, punched one to death, and didn't even get hit. Before: accomplished dodger. After: legendary +15 fighter/wrestler. Punching kills things SLOW.

Also, I struck the finishing slow with the hydra's own tooth. I wonder if I can make this thing an artifact...

Edit: What the... I was exploring the caverns and found a bunch of leather + a stack of 5 prepared meals. It appears another adventurer failed to kill the colossus I was after. Best part is, that stuff wasn't there when I got here. It only showed up on the way out.

Yeah, me too. I killed one with a new adventurer without most trouble. It looks like it never attacked with all its heads. She never damaged me, for I dodged most of the blows, and when it hitted me it couldn't get past my iron armor.
Dodging is too strong.
I've been fighting a Bronze Colossus.  It has only touched me once: it grabbed my nose and released in the same turn (if that's what you want to call it).
We've been fighting for awhile, but my wooden spear can't harm him and he can't touch me regardless how much he charges.

Also, armor and shields.  My human adventurer only died because of a lucky bolt to the throat, beyond that no weapon or arrow could touch him.  He'd simply block.  And that was fighting goblins. :B
I was talking about importing alimunim.
And we were hypothesising about the sexual relations between elves and trees.
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 31