Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 31

Author Topic: Dwarf Fortress 0.31.01 Released  (Read 121983 times)

Boksi

• Bay Watcher
  • Everyone's dumb in their own special way
    • View Profile
Re: Dwarf Fortress 0.31.01 Released
« Reply #75 on: April 01, 2010, 05:08:20 pm »

FFFFF-

Why didn't I notice this sooner? I thought the forum was unusually busy, but I never thought of checking the upper forums or even the dev log.

Oh well. Time to mod me some dwees.
[BODY_DETAIL:NAIL:NAIL:NAIL]
[HAMMER:HAMMER:HAMMER]

[TSU_NOUN:nose]
[SUN_TSU_NOUN:art:war]

nbws_tempest

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: April 01, 2010, 05:12:23 pm »

i'm really looking forward to this, unfortunately i have a bad feeling its gonna run piss slow on my crap top, which runs the last version at like 9 fps, which is horrible

reading the forum, does it work on windows?

cant download till this arvo

Chrispy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: April 01, 2010, 05:15:03 pm »

* Chrispy is freaking out a little bit
Quote from: Toady
"This suggestion is very broad."
≡«+large yellow diamond+»≡
On the item is an exceptionally designed image of a diamond in yellow diamond.

hermes

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: April 01, 2010, 05:16:35 pm »

Many Congratulations on the release, Toady!
You deserve a hear earned feet-up with a cup of tea.
I shall dub my first Champion after thee.
(After I figure out how to re-clothe the militia, having happily hit "enter" on the military screen)
We can only guess at the longing of the creator. Someone who would need to create one such as you. - A Computer
I've been working on this type of thing...

Ragnar_Deerslayer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: April 01, 2010, 05:16:50 pm »

Just tried out the Arena.  Set up 50 elves with leather armor, pine shields, and pine swords vs. a Grandmaster adamantine-clad dwarf.

Notes to self:
* Make sure you set the elves on a team and the dwarf on a separate team.  Otherwise, the elves will all turn on each other (the default team setting is "independent").  This, while massively entertaining, is not the point of the exercise.
* Greaves are are set, but not boots or gauntlets.  Make sure to give the dwarf 2 boots and 2 gauntlets.

Otherwise, AMAZING!!!1!  I love the combat reports!

Earth Striker Lurin

• Bay Watcher
  • Let's Go to Work...
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: April 01, 2010, 05:22:05 pm »

so no merge means we can't use our mayday graphics? (I'm at work and I can't load up DF until tonight!!)
"So I looked to the left of me, looked to the right of me, raised the giant's severed arm above my head and said 'Let's go to work...'"   -- Lurin Diamondfist relating the time he had to mine without a pick axe.

Heron TSG

• Bay Watcher
  • The Seal Goddess
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: April 01, 2010, 05:24:20 pm »

Looking at pictures of a world I generated and pictures of worlds others have generated, it seems that most of the world is water, with one big web of land strung across.

Est Sularus Oth Mithas
The Artist Formerly Known as Barbarossa TSG

deoxys413

• Bay Watcher
  • Space. It's quiet, too quiet...
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: April 01, 2010, 05:24:52 pm »

Awwww! When's the Mac release coming out? I wanna join the madness too! :(
WATER is the universal solvent.
MAGMA is the universal solution.

Red Fortune

• Bay Watcher
  • [ALWAYS_CONFUSED]
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: April 01, 2010, 05:26:04 pm »

IT IS TIME

AAHAHAHAHA!!!!!

*Explode*
"These humans only worship one god. Can you believe it?"
"Man, if I had to decide between the god of magma and the god of rubies, I just don't think I could handle it."

1sauber1

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: April 01, 2010, 05:26:33 pm »

Damn, elves are weak in adventure mode.
I know wood needs to be weak, but elves are totally fubar, so are their archers, I sat in a triangle of three of them and just held down the wait button for about 15 minutes, then I was surrounded by 20 elves, including swordsmen and spearmen, kept waiting, and ended up with legendary shield skill.
Yeah, they need some boon otherwise adventure mode is going to become stale quickly.
Half the fun was having to train your adventurers up or make forts only meant for making top tier equipment and abandoning them so you could trek through hundreds of traps to get some good equipment.

Also you still can't encase creatures in ice or obsidian and see them in the tile.
Toady, I am slightly disapoint.

Tayron

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: April 01, 2010, 05:26:59 pm »

I believe on the modding forum, someone (mayday himself maybe?) has already done some graphics converting.  I haven't had a chance to try it out yet though...

On a side note, lemme just toss in my YAY!  New version! :D

On another side note...alas, still no dual core support it seems.  Genning a large world is still unusually slow, but it did that in the old too, so no real issue there. (probably my fault for making large worlds :P )
« Last Edit: April 01, 2010, 05:35:28 pm by Tayron »

Earth Striker Lurin

• Bay Watcher
  • Let's Go to Work...
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: April 01, 2010, 05:28:22 pm »

thanks Tayron, I'll check there and try to find the right area for that.
"So I looked to the left of me, looked to the right of me, raised the giant's severed arm above my head and said 'Let's go to work...'"   -- Lurin Diamondfist relating the time he had to mine without a pick axe.

Sensei

• Bay Watcher
  • Haven't tried coffee crisps.
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: April 01, 2010, 05:32:09 pm »

The site redesign is moving in a nicer direction, but it needs just a little cleaning up, particularly where text contrast and the brown field meeting the background are concerned- those are a little geocities-like.

ALSO DWARVES!!!!11!1
Let's Play: Automation! Bay 12 Motor Company Buy the 1950 Urist Wagon for just $4500! Safety features optional.
The Bay 12 & Mates Discord Join now! Voice/text chat and play games with other Bay12'ers!
Add me on Steam: [DFC] Sensei

Loyal

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:rogueish looks]
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: April 01, 2010, 05:34:24 pm »

You really weren't kidding about toughening up megabeasts in worldgen. I'm on year 923 of the Age of Myth!
I had to stop it in year 808 when I saw there were only 4000 people alive, compared to the 7000 people a few hundred years prior.

When I got to the Embark screen, I saw that the elves were extinct. Possibly the Goblins as well, but it's possible that Toady has simply chosen not to list the always-hostile races on the neighbor list anymore.

I can't wait to actually fight one in Fort mode.

Footkerchief

• Bay Watcher
  • The Juffo-Wup is strong in this place.
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: April 01, 2010, 05:40:32 pm »

When I got to the Embark screen, I saw that the elves were extinct. Possibly the Goblins as well, but it's possible that Toady has simply chosen not to list the always-hostile races on the neighbor list anymore.

I can't wait to actually fight one in Fort mode.

No, hostile races still get listed.  The goblins are probably extinct, so you might want to gen another world.
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 31