Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 31

Author Topic: Dwarf Fortress 0.31.01 Released  (Read 121958 times)

ohgoditburns

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Dwarf Fortress 0.31.01 Released
« Reply #60 on: April 01, 2010, 04:25:05 pm »

I'll drop back in in another year to see if theirs a usable UI, at least minimal graphics or if any of the top Eternal Suggestions are addressed.

Use your imagination. I haven't gotten a chance to play the new version yet, but even the last one was very playable.

For this one I expect a few bugs that will be sorted out relatively quickly.
The landscape routinely being soaked in flammable fluids somehow seems less than benevolent.

Diablous

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:avatar's cuteness]
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: April 01, 2010, 04:26:26 pm »

Yawn, that took 5 minutes to get over, games still fundamentally unplayable just with more unplayable features.  I'll drop back in in another year to see if theirs a usable UI, at least minimal graphics or if any of the top Eternal Suggestions are addressed.  Though I honestly have little hope that this will ever be playable, this is a game I've always wanted to like but its simply driven me away repeatedly.

P.S.  Flame away sycophants but I won't be reading it.

wow... what part of "Alpha" doesn't he get?

Anyway, BOOTING IT UP FOR THE FIRST TIME D: WISH ME LUCK LADS! <strikes the earth!>

And he fails to realize that one of the things Toady will work on next is the top 10 of Eternal Suggestions.
Quote from: Solifuge
A catgirl, whom oft it would please
To dine on a pizza, with cheese,
Thought it was quite fine
To be partly feline,
Excepting the hairballs and fleas.

psykeres

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: April 01, 2010, 04:27:19 pm »

You really weren't kidding about toughening up megabeasts in worldgen. I'm on year 923 of the Age of Myth!

Diablous

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:avatar's cuteness]
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: April 01, 2010, 04:28:12 pm »

You really weren't kidding about toughening up megabeasts in worldgen. I'm on year 923 of the Age of Myth!
I know! This is so great! No stopping in the first century for megabeasts!
Quote from: Solifuge
A catgirl, whom oft it would please
To dine on a pizza, with cheese,
Thought it was quite fine
To be partly feline,
Excepting the hairballs and fleas.

Jackrabbit

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: April 01, 2010, 04:31:31 pm »

Thank you.

Cavalcadeofcats

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: April 01, 2010, 04:40:16 pm »

Yawn, that took 5 minutes to get over, games still fundamentally unplayable just with more unplayable features.  I'll drop back in in another year to see if theirs a usable UI, at least minimal graphics or if any of the top Eternal Suggestions are addressed.  Though I honestly have little hope that this will ever be playable, this is a game I've always wanted to like but its simply driven me away repeatedly.

Heh. Got me until I read your sig and realized who you were.

(Just because the release isn't an April Fool's doesn't mean your posts can't be, eh?)

Fanghorn

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: April 01, 2010, 04:43:10 pm »

Thanks Toady. Allthough i think is a bit unfair that we can play before the others (MAC,...).... Well thats what i thought, now i think its just great :P. Im so impressed, i just had a fight between a stray donkey and the Giant eagle. the donkey won ^^ allthough its a bit funny that i get reports from both sides. One of the migrants lost a bronze battle Axe  :-X
« Last Edit: April 01, 2010, 05:05:34 pm by Fanghorn »

Kipi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: April 01, 2010, 04:44:49 pm »

Made a little test, at least 50% of the megabeasts survived 2000 years... twice!  :o
Room Values - !!SCIENCE!!

Quote from: zanchito
You know, they could teach maths like this at school. "There are 105 dwarves in a settlement. A goblin invasion appears and 67 die. Then a migrant wave..."

Footkerchief

• Bay Watcher
  • The Juffo-Wup is strong in this place.
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: April 01, 2010, 04:45:43 pm »

Heh. Got me until I read your sig and realized who you were.

(Just because the release isn't an April Fool's doesn't mean your posts can't be, eh?)

It wasn't a joke.  PM me if you want further info -- let's not crap up the thread discussing it.

Psyco Jelly

• Bay Watcher
  • It begins!
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: April 01, 2010, 04:46:35 pm »

<3
Not only is it not actually advertising anything, it's just copy/pasting word salads about gold, runescape, oil, yuan, and handbags.  It's like a transporter accident combined all the spambots into one shambling mass of online sales.

Wyrm

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: April 01, 2010, 04:49:18 pm »

The new DF works fine under Windows emulation (Mac), just so you'll know. Sucks up the processor, but it works. As to how long it'll take to run native on macs, depends on how well toady separated the interface from the guts.

Beefree

• Bay Watcher
  • [FURRY]
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: April 01, 2010, 04:53:05 pm »

Thought this was an April Fools joke at first...

Then I nearly shit myself when I saw the download link...
Okay I lied, I did shit myself...

<3333
Dwarven immaterialism: If a burning dwarf falls in a fortress, and everyone is On Break, is there smoke?

Antioch

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: April 01, 2010, 04:54:55 pm »

Most Online Today: 1010. Most Online Ever: 1010 (Today at 05:27:13 PM)

Look at all those people checking out the new version!

Toady, now is the time to adress the UI and graphics support, so that the next release we will have 10.000 people on the forums!
You finish ripping the human corpse of Sigmund into pieces.
This raw flesh tastes delicious!

Darkerson

• Bay Watcher
  • Join the Cult of Toady today!
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: April 01, 2010, 05:01:03 pm »

Good riddance, you needed to go back to the cave you came from, you ungrateful troll. I'm sure the rest of us will enjoy the new release, bugs and all. Thanks again Toady!
Core i5-2500k @ 5.0Ghz, 2GB Geforce GTX 770, 16GB DDR3 1600Mhz, Asrock Extreme3 Gen3, Samsung 840 Pro 128GB x2 (RAID0), Samsung 2TB + 64GB Agility 3 (Intel RST Cache)

Beefree

• Bay Watcher
  • [FURRY]
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: April 01, 2010, 05:06:29 pm »

Toady, now is the time to adress the UI and graphics support, so that the next release we will have 10.000 people on the forums!

I'm not sure if UI and Graphics should be the next priority quite yet, still quite a bit of work to do, I'm guessing this will be more in the later Beta phase of development maybe?
Dwarven immaterialism: If a burning dwarf falls in a fortress, and everyone is On Break, is there smoke?
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 31