Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: GPU unable to accomodate texture catalog....GODDAMN!(intel chip df bug)  (Read 1309 times)

xoen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

d16

So..i am still on my mission.
Joining and fixing mayday, civ overhaul, digdwarfier and few(..well, more, than few) more together.
Step by step, day by day, construction rose. And it is damn awesome already(well..it was awesome until it stopped working, actually..:E)
And today, after adding another sort of species, i have that goddamn errormsg all of sudden.
I've read all possible topics with "GPU unable to accomodate texture catalog." phrase, and i know NOTHING.
I cannot understand how adding 12 kb file can show such ridiculous mess-age.

Few questions:
-are all gfx files loaded by game, even when not used?
-how embark terrain animals are handled - i mean - with clean dfg i noticed that everything is extinct quite fast. Are new breeds showing after some time? same species, or just random off these that are from current biome? How can i affect amount of SPECIES able to show up on place(i can see 3-5 species usually, nothing more)?
-most important question: WHAT TO DO with that error - excluding some species and gfx is out of question. As a matter of fact, i am going to add much more...is there some kind of problem with buffering of let's say 20 mb of gfx?

Whole operation is made on laptop with gma965 chip(x3100) - 256 mb of mem assigned for gfx, 2gb ram, xpsp3.
Please, do not tell me to update drivers, or something like that, plz.

Someone may ask: why bother with d40, when df2010 is coming soon - well, i think it may take some time(years) until df2010 may be as stable as d40's are.
>340 species with gfx + expanded materials, plants, and stones are enough for me so far.
Things i am seeing in that compilation are awesome(like - ONE(only-that stays alive for 20+ yrs, no idea how to kill it) blue drake, with its fav hideouts, that behaves like human-controlled dwarf killer device, no kidding).

Sorry for tragic engrish.

upd: hmmm..compilation is working ok on e6550 + 3gb of ram and gtx260 and win7.
damn, sigh.

what to do?

upd: i made test with d19 on laptop. Game is working with 2dsw and 2daync only. for obvious reasons these modes, nor d19 is not an option i'd like to use. Rest of modes aren't working(error), same with d16.
damn, sigh.

upd: it seems that dynamic memory management on intel chips is not being properly handled by these non-working df gfx modes.
It may take 8mb(idle usage) as maximal mem amount, which is not true(up to 384 mb of mem allocated for gfx chip).

upd: thx for help..you were so helpful, as usual.
« Last Edit: April 02, 2010, 02:16:29 am by xoen »