Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 28

Author Topic: SparkGear X-TREME  (Read 58270 times)

Demonic Spoon

• Bay Watcher
  • Peering from beyond the veil of reality
    • View Profile
Re: SparkGear X-TREME
« Reply #90 on: April 06, 2010, 01:28:18 am »

Hee, also the fact that things that aren't actually alive like bronze collosi or undead or forgotten beast made out of minerals seem unable to die is a well known issue.

Samoorai

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:shocking anatomy]
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: April 06, 2010, 04:13:04 am »

So, some more fun appeared:

Osnusm the Evil Sucker. Oddly appropriate name for a gigantic tick. He caused no trouble to the fortress, mostly because he made his entrance through the barracks. From the reports I received, it's "deadly dust" did little more than obscure vision as the military flung it across the room a few times till it died.

We're very low on wood. This is because most of it goes to fuel the smelters and the forge so they can make components for the magma pump shaft, ironically so we won't need wood to fuel them. I've ordered most of the surface to be clear cut and the deepest cavern too, since it seems rather isolated and uninhabited. Interesting flora down there. We have to make sure to grab every scrap of wood the caravans bring too. Except for that crappy elven wood armor. Seriously, why do we have so much of that? Wooden chainmail? You might aswell wear a vest made of cheese. Useless hippies. Not even the humans will buy that crap. Oh, one of the masons snapped. After a month or two of screaming at every passing dwarf that he wanted unspecified body parts and a bunch of other stuff THAT WAS RIGHT ACROSS THE HALL, dumbass, he started foaming at the mouth. We locked the doors before he was able to lunge at anyone. When the screaming stops we'll have to check on him.

Even though it's only been half a year since leadership was thrust upon me, I feel it's time to step down. I was just a random peasant, but it seems I've found my calling as a miner, and also as a grand scale architect. I've designed a nice scalable bedroom system beneath the main production level, which whoever follows me can copy and expand as needed. Still, it's going to be a LONG time before the pump shaft is complete, and I haven't even started on the power requirements. Perhaps if I divert the brook into a series of tunnels leading down to one of the caverns, I could set up a series of water wheels... Oh well, not my problem anymore. I've left a note on my desk informing the next poor sap who walks in here that they're in charge. I think I'll lurk somewhere outside so I can hear their reaction before I head back into the shaft. ;D

http://dffd.wimbli.com/file.php?id=2007

--Note on desk reads:
    If you are reading this note, it means you have accepted leadership of this fortress. Ha! If you try and get out of this, or mess with my tomb, I will make sure you witness the operation of the magma shaft from a rather, unique perspective. I've laid the groundwork for the shaft, so you should be able to see what I was doing. If you can't figure it out, come find me, but remember that if you do I will have to break something, probably you. Don't screw it up.
   Also there's an artifact bed in storage. That's reserved for our King if he ever visits. Or Queen. I forget which one's in charge. Have Fun!

---------------

That's me done. I need to sleep. The pumps in the shaft will need to be walled off from the stairs before the whole system is started, otherwise magma will leak into the stairwell. Also you should put a hatch on the bottom level and seal it. As for the bedrooms, copy down and try to copy for the areas west and south of the main stairwell.

BTW if the next guy doesn't show up I'll see if I can finish the shaft myself, if that's cool.
« Last Edit: April 06, 2010, 04:26:48 am by Samoorai »
Behold my mighty fortress! Go on, I dare you! (40d)
But Roadhouse is a true masterpiece. Seriously.

Seriously, there could not have been a more appropriate end to the saga of Boatmurdered than a gigantic flaming apocalypse for no apparent reason. -- StarkRavingMad

Heron TSG

• Bay Watcher
  • The Seal Goddess
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: April 06, 2010, 08:06:06 am »

Graebeard, you have 23 hours. If you don't show up in 11, your turn is open for the taking.

Est Sularus Oth Mithas
The Artist Formerly Known as Barbarossa TSG

SanDiego

• Bay Watcher
  • I SEE IN YOUR SOUL
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: April 06, 2010, 09:04:15 am »

Posting here so I can track another tale of reckless bloodshed and chaos.
Welcome to Murdermachines. Try the gecko sauce; it's delectable and delightful, a wonderful blend of savory and spicy that makes any dish delicious without being too overwhelming.

(Warning: Do not ask about the manufacturing process for gecko sauce)
(Warning: Gecko sauce may cause acute respiratory failure on contact)

Graebeard

• Bay Watcher
  • The reasonable penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: April 06, 2010, 09:50:39 am »

It is on.  Downloading now.
At last, she is done.

Huggz

• Bay Watcher
  • Sherlock Wayne
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: April 06, 2010, 10:48:26 am »

Can I claim Thurs 15th? Because that is pretty much the only day I am free...
Proper English will make people take you more serious.
In order to improve the universe's frame rate, we must all throw rocks into volcanoes and then do absolutely nothing, worldwide, for a week, to take pressure off pathfinding.

Huggz

• Bay Watcher
  • Sherlock Wayne
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: April 06, 2010, 11:11:03 am »

Ok so it has to be tomorrow before I do, but I guess that means forum time... If it was local time I could claim it at 12:01 but it will be something like 5am GMT at 12:01 forum time, so I wont be able to claim it until something like 10am forum time, and someone else will have it by then... Can I claim the 15th or 16th now, since those are the only days I am available? I have never done a succession fort before and I want a go, especially since it is sparkgears :P
In order to improve the universe's frame rate, we must all throw rocks into volcanoes and then do absolutely nothing, worldwide, for a week, to take pressure off pathfinding.

Graebeard

• Bay Watcher
  • The reasonable penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: April 06, 2010, 11:53:59 am »

1st siege: Obsidian, 1055

17 gobbos, 1 of them riding "Rutherer," a gigantic monster with  gray hair, blue skin and green eyes.  2 of the gobbos killed, the rest (including Rutherer) caught in cages.

We lost one soldier who rushed out past the cages, and had 4 others injured finishing the two gobbos that made it past.  Time for more cages.  And looks like the doctors have something to practice on.
At last, she is done.

nil

• Bay Watcher
  • whoa
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: April 06, 2010, 12:17:58 pm »

FYI for whoever is taking the turn after mine later this week--I'll probably only be playing for about six/seven hours, so if you're around to grab the early upload you can get some extra playing time.

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
  • Forger of Civilizations
    • View Profile
« Reply #99 on: April 06, 2010, 12:24:18 pm »

Posting to watch the carnage.
Civilization Forge Mod v2.80: Adding in new races, equipment, animals, plants, metals, etc. Now with Alchemy and Libraries! Variety to spice up DF! (For DF 0.34.10)
Come play Mafia with us!
"Let us maintain our chill composure." - Toady One

sir labreck

• Bay Watcher
  • You know what? Tic tock motherf**** --> SG philo
    • View Profile
« Reply #100 on: April 06, 2010, 12:37:04 pm »

Really interesting :)
If you have to choose between war and dishonour, don't choose dishonour because you'll have war.

Quote from: Oglokoog
sir labreck, how you manage to mangle English so much yet still manage to keep your posts comprehensible is beyond me. Well done.

Graebeard

• Bay Watcher
  • The reasonable penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #101 on: April 06, 2010, 01:11:17 pm »

Lo, the earth tremors, reverberating with the horrifying footsteps of Slupi:

Bee Tea Dubs, what's a good site to use for uploading images?  I used tinypic... anyone have a better recommendation for clarity and longevity?
At last, she is done.

SanDiego

• Bay Watcher
  • I SEE IN YOUR SOUL
    • View Profile
« Reply #102 on: April 06, 2010, 01:15:34 pm »

Photobucket.
Welcome to Murdermachines. Try the gecko sauce; it's delectable and delightful, a wonderful blend of savory and spicy that makes any dish delicious without being too overwhelming.

(Warning: Do not ask about the manufacturing process for gecko sauce)
(Warning: Gecko sauce may cause acute respiratory failure on contact)

Graebeard

• Bay Watcher
  • The reasonable penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #103 on: April 06, 2010, 02:35:44 pm »

Okay, this is retarded. I've been fighting the damn thing for 3 months straight. NOTHING is getting done because everyone keeps getting freaked out by it. I don't want to put anyone else in the military in case they decide they don't want to leave. I don't care what anyone says, I'm scumming back to a month or so before Thrathnu came up the shaft. Otherwise absolutely nothing would get done, and my turn would be wasted.

This.

It seems like everyone was glitching out around this guy.  I'd wrestled him to all red injuries, but he never dies...

Everyone (and I mean everyone) was just standing next to him cancel spamming.  Sigh.  Rewind.

Whoever is next don't let this guy in.  It will ruin you.
At last, she is done.

Huggz

• Bay Watcher
  • Sherlock Wayne
    • View Profile
« Reply #104 on: April 06, 2010, 03:46:47 pm »

Alternatively, encase him in solid rock. Way more dorfy than just locking him out...
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 28