Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 28

Author Topic: SparkGear X-TREME  (Read 58272 times)

db48x

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: SparkGear X-TREME
« Reply #75 on: April 04, 2010, 05:44:51 pm »

We already got some of those before, have they started breeding yet or do we need a dungeon master?

One of the grizzly bears gave birth during my turn, so they've already started.

gamegreen33

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: April 05, 2010, 01:50:56 am »

We can always use more bears... Unfortunately, I got very little done-I have been gone all day. I uploaded the new save to DFFD:http://dffd.wimbli.com/file.php?id=1992
Quote from: dogstile
We all know what those elfs are like. they're a couple of guys who are up to no good, making trouble in our neighbourhood. Now you guys got my mum all scared and now i'm moving with my auntie and uncle in bel air!
imagine fighting someone on the street. You guys are going at it...all of the sudden, he hits you in the face with the tips of 5 fingers. What the fuck is he doing? You're confused, he school boys you, you're going to be lost. Match won.

Samoorai

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:shocking anatomy]
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: April 05, 2010, 02:02:54 am »

Oh crap, that means my turn. Anything else update-y to report before I start?
Behold my mighty fortress! Go on, I dare you! (40d)
But Roadhouse is a true masterpiece. Seriously.

Seriously, there could not have been a more appropriate end to the saga of Boatmurdered than a gigantic flaming apocalypse for no apparent reason. -- StarkRavingMad

gamegreen33

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: April 05, 2010, 02:10:46 am »

Oh crap, that means my turn. Anything else update-y to report before I start?
No, I basically left right after the last post. Sorry guys.
Quote from: dogstile
We all know what those elfs are like. they're a couple of guys who are up to no good, making trouble in our neighbourhood. Now you guys got my mum all scared and now i'm moving with my auntie and uncle in bel air!
imagine fighting someone on the street. You guys are going at it...all of the sudden, he hits you in the face with the tips of 5 fingers. What the fuck is he doing? You're confused, he school boys you, you're going to be lost. Match won.

Samoorai

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: April 05, 2010, 03:45:33 am »

I assume no-one cares if I start a little early?

So, here I am. Sparkgear Devourer of Birds. Not the most bizzare name I've ever heard but certainly up there. I only came here 'cause I heard this place was new, so I figured I'd be able to keep to myself in some quite corner. Then one day, out of no-where, the guy running the place walks up to me and goes, "You're in charge now. I'm too busy with Arr Ell stuff." Figured he was just another nutter, but then everyone starts coming to me for orders! Great, now I have to do stuff. :( Well first up, here's the current situation:

I really have no idea what I'm going to do here. The place seems to be a mess, almost totally random with rather little in the way of aesthetic design. So, very dwarven. I dunno, call me an elf (although if you do I'll feed you to a grue), but I like form and function to blend a little more. Still, you know the one thing that makes any fortress better? Magma!
« Last Edit: April 05, 2010, 08:51:05 am by Samoorai »

Seriously, there could not have been a more appropriate end to the saga of Boatmurdered than a gigantic flaming apocalypse for no apparent reason. -- StarkRavingMad

Demonic Spoon

• Bay Watcher
  • Peering from beyond the veil of reality
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: April 05, 2010, 06:20:11 am »

Heron TSG

• Bay Watcher
  • The Seal Goddess
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: April 05, 2010, 07:58:31 am »

magma lets the world go 'round and not implode.

Est Sularus Oth Mithas
The Artist Formerly Known as Barbarossa TSG

skaltum

• Bay Watcher
  • DRAW!
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: April 05, 2010, 08:12:33 am »

okay guys sorry i wasnt available. i was away at my gfs for a few days and had no pc access :P.

when is the next availible turn?
I just realized, after adding the new body parts to the other races, that I have an entire squad of dwarves with a shield in each hand and swinging their axes with their penises. There's nightmare fuel for those goblins, in more ways than one.

Heron TSG

• Bay Watcher
  • The Seal Goddess
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: April 05, 2010, 08:17:44 am »

signups for week 3 start on the 7th. If you're quick, the 15th will be open.

Est Sularus Oth Mithas
The Artist Formerly Known as Barbarossa TSG

Samoorai

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: April 05, 2010, 10:12:35 am »

The mayor's been whining at me that he didn't have an office, amongst other things. So I went and checked what I had assumed was the mayor's office. Sure enough, I was right. But what confused me was that all the furniture was labeled "property of mayor erith Kolstigaz". He wasn't the mayor, although the dwarf registry I'd found said he was. Eventually I tracked him down, working in one of the mason's workshops. Before I could even speak to him he yelled, "Shutup! I AM THE MAYOR!" I asked a passer-by what his problem was, and all they did was roll thier eyes. Great, yet another nutter. According to the paperwork I had he was a high master soap maker, who had for some reason decided to bypass democracy and 'elect' himself. Thankfully no-one took him seriously. I have re-assigned his office and quarters to the ACTUAL mayor. Now if I can just get those miners I un-drafted to stop training and start digging. They're taking so long I've ordered a steel pick to be forged for myself so I can have a crack at it.

Samoorai

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: April 05, 2010, 12:21:51 pm »

We had a visitor today in the second level of caverns:

I was concerned for a while and told the military to station themselves on the stairs, in case it managed to get past the cage traps. A few days past until I realised there was no actual access into that cavern. Someone had removed the slopes around the entry, lined it with cage traps, then left it suspended. I can only conclude one of my predecessors was afraid of bats, or whatever else is down there that can fly (which apparently Thrathnu couldn't).

Okay, something is wrong with this lot. Some random dwarf came into my office and informs me that the fake mayor, the FAKE mayor, has issued a mandate!

Some nonsense about not selling axes. I asked him why he even bothered telling me, and then he says the actual mayor has decided to go along with it! I swear, if I wasn't already bald I'd be losing my hair, and I'm only a month in...
« Last Edit: April 05, 2010, 12:23:25 pm by Samoorai »

Samoorai

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: April 05, 2010, 12:25:53 pm »

Here's me, BTW

Samoorai

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: April 05, 2010, 02:13:07 pm »

-- I'd like to introduce my favourite non-standard measurement, the Heisenburg! I feel it is a very apt way to describe the diameter of a square in DF, since 1 square can hold anything from a dwarf to a titan, no matter what size they are modded to. Therefore, 1 square's aize is uncertain, hence, the Heisenburg. A wagon is three heisenburgs across--
--P.S: If you don't get it, learn some science. Sweet, delicious science!--

In my efforts to dig down to the sweet sweet magma, (in which I personally just mined out the stairway down to level 5, 142 heisenbergs down from the surface) I have inadvertently opened the way for Thrathnu to enter the fortress proper. He/she/it is now in the forge area. I've scrambled the military to come kill it while a war dog keeps it busy. Since it's made of magnetite this should prove quite the battle, or it will spell our doom. Also I found a button on my desk labeled "movies". This seems like as good a time as any to press it.

Samoorai

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: April 05, 2010, 04:00:20 pm »

Okay, this is retarded. I've been fighting the damn thing for 3 months straight. NOTHING is getting done because everyone keeps getting freaked out by it. I don't want to put anyone else in the military in case they decide they don't want to leave. I don't care what anyone says, I'm scumming back to a month or so before Thrathnu came up the shaft. Otherwise absolutely nothing would get done, and my turn would be wasted.

Samoorai

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: April 05, 2010, 05:16:37 pm »

Finally, we have breached down to the molten mantle. A great magma sea has been discovered, and now the true scope of my idle fancy is revealed. Over 170 screw pumps will be needed to draw the magma up to the surface. At least 43 windmills would be needed to power the massive construct. I've been ordering corkscrews, pipe sections and blocks since before I started digging, but even so this will take many months, probably years to complete. Still, if it's too easy, it ain't dwarven.

Also, project "Someone Else's Problem" is in full swing. I have four catapults working full time, flinging our excess stone into our neighbours yard.
« Last Edit: April 05, 2010, 05:30:53 pm by Samoorai »

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 28