Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 28

Author Topic: SparkGear X-TREME  (Read 58275 times)

Heron TSG

• Bay Watcher
  • The Seal Goddess
    • View Profile
Re: SparkGear X-TREME
« Reply #60 on: April 04, 2010, 12:33:04 am »

Okay, db48x, you have roughly 6.5 hours until you must upload the save for Gamegreen33 to use.

Est Sularus Oth Mithas
The Artist Formerly Known as Barbarossa TSG

db48x

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: April 04, 2010, 03:21:59 am »

Uh oh, something exciting has happened. A Troll snuck up the stairway into the middle of the fort. I've got the militia on the job, but for some reason they all decided to drop their picks and axes and wrestle it. With a little help from a bear and a few pet dogs they've managed to bruise every part of his body, knock some teeth out, break his tusks, etc. They've got him cornered in one sector of the production level, which is good. He's nauseous, unconscious and overexerted, but they've been at it for a while and there hasn't been any visible progress.

Luckily only the bear and the dog have been wounded so far, but it's looking a bit like this troll's regeneration will last forever...

Demonic Spoon

• Bay Watcher
  • Peering from beyond the veil of reality
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: April 04, 2010, 03:29:17 am »

Noo! Our bears!  :( Have you ordered some crops planted? Has any successful surgery yet been performed on the injured miner? Did the bear come from underground? If not then how did it get past our cage traps?

db48x

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: April 04, 2010, 03:44:18 am »

Noo! Our bears!  :( Have you ordered some crops planted? Has any successful surgery yet been performed on the injured miner? Did the bear come from underground? If not then how did it get past our cage traps?

I have ordered some token shrooms planted, but the caravans are bringing so much food and drink that it's not really been necessary.

No, that poor miner is still in surgery. He's gotten up a few times to go back to work, but always ends up back under the knife. I've actually disabled all of his labor settings as a result.

The troll came up from the cavern, where there are no traps. One of our grizzly bears was wandering the fort (not chained up) and engaged the troll. He broke a toe.

db48x

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: April 04, 2010, 03:46:35 am »

Yay, the troll is finally dead. Took about 15 minutes unpaused, I think. Two of the wrestlers have broken bones, and a clothier got a bit mauled. He had several broken bones and a lot of bruising, but apparently everything except his ankle has healed.

Samoorai

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:shocking anatomy]
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: April 04, 2010, 03:47:20 am »

Yeah, the caverns are full of trolls and trogs. We're either going to have to beef the military or divert the stairwell for a nice trap room.
Behold my mighty fortress! Go on, I dare you! (40d)
But Roadhouse is a true masterpiece. Seriously.

Seriously, there could not have been a more appropriate end to the saga of Boatmurdered than a gigantic flaming apocalypse for no apparent reason. -- StarkRavingMad

db48x

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: April 04, 2010, 04:15:23 am »

and naked mole dogs, apparently.

db48x

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: April 04, 2010, 05:08:53 am »

We have an uninvited guest, Odgúb the Intense Grip. I'll let you know how it goes :)

db48x

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: April 04, 2010, 05:14:45 am »

HAHAHA!

He was composed entirely of water, and just exploded when he got next to the grizzly bear that I've stationed outside our cavern door. Lots of mist, and muddy ground, and the bear and cougar are both dizzy. The combat report consists entirely of "The Stray Grizzly Bear stands up."

:D

edit: really wish I had remembered to record it. oh well
« Last Edit: April 04, 2010, 05:17:46 am by db48x »

db48x

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: April 04, 2010, 07:22:22 am »

My log of game events turned out to be a bit long, and mostly boring. The only exciting things to happen were a troll attack, and killing some troglodytes.

Save: http://db48x.net/SGX/SGX Day Three.zip

DFMA: http://mkv25.net/dfma/poi-22478-banquethall

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: April 04, 2010, 07:39:32 am by db48x »

Heron TSG

• Bay Watcher
  • The Seal Goddess
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: April 04, 2010, 10:14:14 am »

gamegreen33, you have roughly 19 hours remaining. If you don't say you're taking the save within 7, someone else can take the second half of your turn.

Est Sularus Oth Mithas
The Artist Formerly Known as Barbarossa TSG

Demonic Spoon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: April 04, 2010, 10:16:45 am »

To the OverloRd sleeping in the mayor's room, I noticed that the dwarves will sleep in random rooms instead of their own ones. How goes the bookkeeping? I tried to get it to highest precision but it takes forever. And nice turn!
« Last Edit: April 04, 2010, 10:20:37 am by Demonic Spoon »

gamegreen33

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: April 04, 2010, 12:49:38 pm »

Alright, I'm awake. I have some work to do, so I should get started in ~1 hour.
Quote from: dogstile
We all know what those elfs are like. they're a couple of guys who are up to no good, making trouble in our neighbourhood. Now you guys got my mum all scared and now i'm moving with my auntie and uncle in bel air!
imagine fighting someone on the street. You guys are going at it...all of the sudden, he hits you in the face with the tips of 5 fingers. What the fuck is he doing? You're confused, he school boys you, you're going to be lost. Match won.

gamegreen33

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: April 04, 2010, 01:37:36 pm »

Okay, I tried to do this in character, but it just isn't going to happen-I'm a terrible writer and a worse storyteller.

First thing I did was create scaffoldings on the staircases exposed to the cavern system. They've been built, and I designated some cage traps. I named an administrator after myself, and apparently I just gave birth!  ;D Oh well, I already picked someone, might as well stick with it. I also drafted our peasants and asked for some steel axes for them. Soon I will try to make suits of steel armor for them. I plan on getting the miner that got injured healed up soon.

Update: The elves have arrived! Since the new version, my feelings toward them have changed from deep, unconditional hatred to reluctant appreciation (for all the sweet animals they bring!). I will let you know what animals I get.

Update 2: AWESOME. I got some giant eagles, a couple of wolves, grizzly bears, and a cougar.
« Last Edit: April 04, 2010, 02:19:04 pm by gamegreen33 »
Quote from: dogstile
We all know what those elfs are like. they're a couple of guys who are up to no good, making trouble in our neighbourhood. Now you guys got my mum all scared and now i'm moving with my auntie and uncle in bel air!
imagine fighting someone on the street. You guys are going at it...all of the sudden, he hits you in the face with the tips of 5 fingers. What the fuck is he doing? You're confused, he school boys you, you're going to be lost. Match won.

Demonic Spoon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: April 04, 2010, 02:45:35 pm »

We already got some of those before, have they started breeding yet or do we need a dungeon master?
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 28