Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3]

Author Topic: Is anyone planning to mirror DF2010 on release?  (Read 3587 times)

CaptApollo12

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Is anyone planning to mirror DF2010 on release?
« Reply #30 on: March 31, 2010, 08:43:39 pm »

I hope toady would just post a torrent tracker on the main page or a link to the torrent. Then we will all leach and then seed like mad. The world will become stable in 12 hours and dwarven mayham will commence. Muhuhhahahahah
"MONTARON!  You are so AGGRAVATING!   'Tis disturbing to my demeanor..."

Fetus4188

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: April 01, 2010, 01:30:10 am »

The best thing would really be for a coordinated torrent effort.

Salabasama

• Bay Watcher
  • Cyber-elf
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: April 01, 2010, 02:03:28 am »

He could be weird and just post the download link in this thread two hours before putting up the official one, so everyone could get torrents set up.
I keep thinking glacier fortress would be fun, but it always ends up as cave layer fortress.

SmileyMan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: April 01, 2010, 02:58:47 am »

He could be weird and just post the download link in this thread two hours before putting up the official one, so everyone could get torrents set up.
It would be much better to have one torrent that many people seed.  This will require a bit of discipline more than anything else.

Ideally, T1 could send a release copy of the zip shortly before the general release, and someone would resist the temptation and get a torrent up and running.  Four or five others could then download and seed the same torrent, so that there would be a decent seed base out there.  Then just publish the magnet URI in various locations.
In a fat-fingered moment while setting up another military squad I accidentally created a captain of the guard rather than a militia captain.  His squad of near-legendary hammerdwarves equipped with high quality silver hammers then took it upon themselves to dispense justice to all the mandate breakers in the fortress.  It was quite messy.

FluffyToast J

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: April 01, 2010, 03:32:56 am »

Apparently, its out now. I'm about 70% sure its a april fools thing, but go here if you want to find out for yourself. This is actually the real Bay12 site, too.

carebear

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: April 01, 2010, 07:24:57 am »

It's definitely real, it has arena mode and everything.
Pages: 1 2 [3]