Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4

Author Topic: DF2010 is a TRAP!  (Read 4949 times)

Sensei

• Bay Watcher
  • Haven't tried coffee crisps.
    • View Profile
DF2010 is a TRAP!
« on: March 29, 2010, 07:37:14 pm »

03/26/2010: ...The current situation is that I expect a (buggy!) Windows release in about a week...

03/26... release in about a week

3/26 + A WEEK

So yeah, definitely something up. Duplicate raws in default? An extra special new intro video? Dragslay download instead of DF?

...or, maybe he'll release it then without any tricks just so we go mad looking for them. But, coincidence? I think not.
Let's Play: Automation! Bay 12 Motor Company Buy the 1950 Urist Wagon for just $4500! Safety features optional.
The Bay 12 & Mates Discord Join now! Voice/text chat and play games with other Bay12'ers!
Add me on Steam: [DFC] Sensei

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
  • Forger of Civilizations
    • View Profile
Re: DF2010 is a TRAP!
« Reply #1 on: March 29, 2010, 07:41:11 pm »

Friday is 4/2, not 4/1, we're safe.
Civilization Forge Mod v2.80: Adding in new races, equipment, animals, plants, metals, etc. Now with Alchemy and Libraries! Variety to spice up DF! (For DF 0.34.10)
Come play Mafia with us!
"Let us maintain our chill composure." - Toady One

Sensei

• Bay Watcher
  • Haven't tried coffee crisps.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 29, 2010, 07:43:53 pm »

Well there still was the word "about"...
Let's Play: Automation! Bay 12 Motor Company Buy the 1950 Urist Wagon for just $4500! Safety features optional.
The Bay 12 & Mates Discord Join now! Voice/text chat and play games with other Bay12'ers!
Add me on Steam: [DFC] Sensei

Askot Bokbondeler

• Bay Watcher
  • please line up orderly
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 29, 2010, 08:34:43 pm »

i really doubt that, i think toady wouldn't play such a prank on his fanbase after more than a year of waiting for the new release, many of us would be seriously pissed

HexagonalBolts

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 29, 2010, 08:36:57 pm »

I think he would suddenly find it very, very, very difficult to maintain that stream of donations.

gamegreen33

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 29, 2010, 08:46:14 pm »

I think if he ends up finishing it ON April 1, maybe releasing like a video of him dancing around disguised as DF and then like 2 hours later would be fun.
Quote from: dogstile
We all know what those elfs are like. they're a couple of guys who are up to no good, making trouble in our neighbourhood. Now you guys got my mum all scared and now i'm moving with my auntie and uncle in bel air!
imagine fighting someone on the street. You guys are going at it...all of the sudden, he hits you in the face with the tips of 5 fingers. What the fuck is he doing? You're confused, he school boys you, you're going to be lost. Match won.

Itnetlolor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam ID
« Reply #6 on: March 29, 2010, 08:57:52 pm »

i really doubt that, i think toady wouldn't play such a prank on his fanbase after more than a year of waiting for the new release, many of us would be seriously pissed
Personally, I would find it rather entertaining and predictable. I wouldn't mind too much.

gamegreen33

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 29, 2010, 08:58:45 pm »

Personally, I would find it rather entertaining and predictable. I wouldn't mind too much.
Unless he really didn't have it finished. Then I would go to his home and do things to him. And his butthole.
We all know what those elfs are like. they're a couple of guys who are up to no good, making trouble in our neighbourhood. Now you guys got my mum all scared and now i'm moving with my auntie and uncle in bel air!
imagine fighting someone on the street. You guys are going at it...all of the sudden, he hits you in the face with the tips of 5 fingers. What the fuck is he doing? You're confused, he school boys you, you're going to be lost. Match won.

Rumrusher

• Bay Watcher
  • current project : searching...
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 29, 2010, 08:59:18 pm »

I hope this prank isn't some rick roll toady can't pull something the internet claim OLD MEME a year ago when they prank that thanksgiving parade. shoot I guess it's going to be a koblod cave renamed dwarf fortress.
I thought I would I had never hear my daughter's escapades from some boy...
DAMN YOU RUMRUSHER!!!!!!!!
"body swapping and YOU!"
Adventure in baby making!Adv Homes

Chicken Launcher

• Bay Watcher
  • Poultry Technician
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 29, 2010, 09:07:17 pm »

The prank is that you all expect a prank but it will actually be the new version.
"Did you ever notice any time you see two groups of people who really hate each other, chances are good they’re wearing different kinds of hats? Keep an eye on that, it might be important." - George Carlin

gamegreen33

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 29, 2010, 09:08:29 pm »

The ultimate, ULTIMATE prank would be to release version 1.0.

Cariyaga

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 29, 2010, 09:24:29 pm »

And include an undetectable virus with it that, after you finish embark, deletes it.

Rilder

• Bay Watcher
  • Rye Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 29, 2010, 09:36:03 pm »

I think toady, if he did anything would be like "Some unexpected issues popped up, I don't expect it to be out for a month, sorry guys!" Then on the next day releases with "April Fools!"

This has the added bonus of lowering server load a little. ;D
« Last Edit: March 29, 2010, 09:37:37 pm by Rilder »
Steam Profile
Youtube(Let's Plays), Occasional Streaming
It felt a bit like a movie in which two stoners try to steal a military helicopter

QuantumSawdust

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: March 29, 2010, 09:40:11 pm »

It's safe to assume that any "prank" with this release will be either or both of:
1) in good fun
2) beneficial for us

So we can be pretty sure it's not going to be a "just kidding, 3 months left" sort of deal.

immibis

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: March 29, 2010, 09:41:47 pm »

And include an undetectable virus with it that, after you finish embark, deletes it.
That wouldn't be a virus unless it spread to other computers and deleted their embarks too.
And it wouldn't be undetectable if it deletes your embark.
If I wanted ramps I would've designated ramps, dammit!
Pages: [1] 2 3 4