Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: [40d] Orbsshakes - Community Fortress  (Read 2264 times)

LordSlowpoke

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
[40d] Orbsshakes - Community Fortress
« on: March 29, 2010, 04:05:03 pm »

Welcome to Orbsshakes, dwarf!
Have you seen the world these days? Hunger has rose into such that people have to eat their own wagons to survive!
Yet we are to change that; for we are the pinnacle of Dwarven Scientists, we shall create things unknown to literally flood this world with plump helmets, or die trying.

--
Okay, this concludes my somewhat-fail intro. I'm not really a good storywriter, in fact, I'm a pretty bad storywriter, but the win that was seen by elves, dragons, humans, and literally everything eating wagons made it necesarry to make one. I'll appreciate all creative input, and if someone really wants to teach me the ancient art of making something that dosen't make one's eyes bleed...you get the idea. Anywho, here's a batch of images in a spoiler to prove the wagon genocide:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Sorry for no embark info, and the first update will be made...well, when I play it over. So keep lurking!
« Last Edit: April 09, 2010, 05:17:36 pm by LordSlowpoke »

r3d5kull

• Bay Watcher
  • Hows this look for professional.
    • View Profile
Re: Orbsshakes - Community Fortress
« Reply #1 on: March 29, 2010, 04:07:14 pm »

Nice... That's one tree humper I don't wanna piss off

LordSlowpoke

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 29, 2010, 05:26:51 pm »

This is a +dragon leather diary+. It menaces with spikes of Kaolinite. On the object is "Property of Dastot Isakcerol" in cat bone.

Granite 1, 498.
We have arrived.

In this Armok-damned wasteland.
Where we first thought there will be liquid water, and not freezing to the point it pierced my brain, came back, pierced it again, and shot all the way up my anus.

When I first looked at those I thought they're just bunches of snow somehow stuck together. But then, suddenly, those are trees.
Yay, trees.
And no damn axe in the nearest 1200 goblinthrows.

Wait, is that sand? We might be not as fucked over as I thought we are.

More sand. We have food for sure, but the water won't suddenly unfreeze itself and come running to us looking for a barrel to sleep in.
Meh. Can be done later.

Science all the way from the Mountainhomes! Build stairs, and you don't need doors.

While digging out the lower part of what will become the future bedrooms...suddenly, gems. I'm not breaking my future bedroom just to get them out but the prospect of having them there is simply interesting.

Simple defense plan. The outer ring will protect the stuff in the inner ring from crossbows and whatever can be out there, while the inner ring...will protect the inside.

Yay. snow!

And now it's summer, so I'm ending the entry.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: March 29, 2010, 05:32:12 pm by LordSlowpoke »

r3d5kull

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 29, 2010, 05:35:30 pm »

Can I call a guy?

LordSlowpoke

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 29, 2010, 05:37:42 pm »

Sure, dorfings are welcome. You want anything special, or do I just give a random dwarf your name?

r3d5kull

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 29, 2010, 05:44:35 pm »

just someone important and name him Johann Shmidtt

UristMcGunsmith

• Bay Watcher
  • "Shhh! My common sense is tingling!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 29, 2010, 07:01:19 pm »

I'd like a Miner please, name him UristMcUrist if you could.

Slayer

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:magma]
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 30, 2010, 04:35:27 pm »

If this is a succession game, sign me up, otherwise: I'd like a miner named "Slayer McUrist".
Derp.

arrowplain

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 31, 2010, 03:10:46 pm »

I'll take a dwarf.

Name: ArrowPlain is fine
Profession: Marksdwarf/Bowyer
Male if it's available

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
  • Kind of back, but for how long?!
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 31, 2010, 03:55:39 pm »

Happy happy fun time, happy happy FUN! Yeah, I want one. :P

Name: Tarran
Work: swordsdwarf or speardwarf
Male, as soon as you start a military.
Quote from: Phantom
Unknown to most but the insane and the mystics, Tarran is actually Earth itself, as Earth is sentient like that planet in Avatar. Originally Earth used names such as Terra on the internet, but to protect it's identity it changed letters, now becoming the Tarran you know today.
Quote from: Ze Spy
Tarran has the "Tarran Bug", a bug which causes the affected character to repeatedly hit teammates while dual-wielding instead of whatever the hell he is shooting at.

LordSlowpoke

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 31, 2010, 05:41:27 pm »

Wow, someone cares. Didn't expect that coming.
I'll make an update tomorrow.

r3d5kull

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 31, 2010, 06:34:54 pm »

This looks really cool.

If it  is a succession game then I'll join aswell

LordSlowpoke

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 01, 2010, 04:38:44 pm »

Okay, guys, sorry for arriving so late but suddenly 0.31 (or not so suddenly) was here, barring me from access. But since it's still officially 30 minutes until midnight, I somehow made it.
And no, this is not a succession...unless you guys really want it and get a decent lineup, then I'll upload the entire game. Yay for mods.
And people aren't dorfed yet. Not being able to access the list, sorry.
ALSO: This is the only game I'm aware of that isn't switching to 0.31.
_____

I have a bad feeling about this.

Dig out ice, recieve a stack of water.

Now featuring blood-stained diorite trade depots!

Wait, is that water? Ahahahaha oh wow.

Conclusion: Ice in the river is magic. When we break the final blocks, water should flow. And not freeze too soon.

Rain? Gentlemen, I have effectively shat blocks.

Another conclusion is made. We have a decent climate for one month of the year, so it might be not that mind-numbingly cold as I thought.

Wagons! Trade time!

And this is where I make myself this challenge. I won't trade anything that isn't food, made out of something that was previously food, or at least food-related (that means all foods, booze, possibly pig tail clothing if I need stuff so direly, dye, and potash).
But I'll cheat this one time.

Come on, they had five gold bars, they knew it's gonna happen.

And finally, the proud and joy of the new fort. The logo of Orbsshakes, the last proud fortress of 0.28.181.40d, here it all begins - a tale of Fun, !!fun!!, and most importantly, !!skeletal fun!!.
Axes sold separately.

nuker w

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: April 07, 2010, 08:49:34 am »

Sounds awsome and its only started, will be a good farewell goodbye to the old version, ill bag a dorfman myself if thats ok.

Name:Mc McMcDorf

Job:Sherif, then captain of the guard

HATES being put down for his name

LordSlowpoke

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: April 07, 2010, 10:50:11 am »

Well, everyone in the thread was dorfed. Except arrowplain, I can't really spare my nonexistant bowyers or all the really revelant peoples I need. And the entire "garbage bin" for dorfs is already filled with wrestlers...oh well.
Also, if someone wants a hammerdwarf that's gonna die of thirst/hunger in the next 3 weeks due to the unability to walk in his armor (while having talented armor user) that's labelled like a wrestler, feel free to say it.
Updates from this day on will be made every second day, making the next one on 9'th.
________

The dorfs are gone, their wagons empty and underwear dumped.

Chasm. That is all, gentlemen. I'm walling it off until I find a way to use it properly.

For the last two seasons, I had axes.
Steel axes. Two of them.
My woodcutter refused to pick them up because after the depot-explosion they were forbidden.
...Let's clear cut this place.

Come on, don't you guys have anything better to do than get here when I'm trying to destroy a forest? I'll just offer them a tower-cap barrel and they should get the hell out of here like a clown out of the car.

My way of dumping useless immigrants. Taken to the extreme. Only legendaries/people who are the only ones doing the job are allowed to not become meatshields.
As wise dorfs in Boatmurdered said, "There are two types of people - the military, and the ones feeding the military"

You can obviously see that dorfs here really like to wrestle.
Also, the civilian-military ratio is 1:1.9. Just perfect.

Here's the office of the most important guy here, the Sheriff. Literally filled with stuff to the brim, and to get to it you have to swim in an ocean of roasts. Feels dwarven, man.

This is the entire military of Orbsshakes. All of it. The first squad is the elite guard, the second is the meatshields. Any questions?

In the meanwhile, the elite guards are earning their name, with their first champion. Also pictured: The dining room made just in case the "usable" dorfs ever reach something above 30.

Ah, nostalgia. When I first thought of making this fort, I thought DF2010 is gonna be perfect, with all it's bugs smashed under Toady's hammer. But after this one, several other forts were created.
This might be not the last, but my promise is final. This one will last the longest, in both RL time, and game time.

All hail Orbsshakes.
Pages: [1] 2