Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Forgot the name of the movie/series/video you saw on youtube.  (Read 1594 times)

Demonic Spoon

• Bay Watcher
  • Peering from beyond the veil of reality
    • View Profile

So yeah, I looked around and didn't see anything like this. Basically I can't remember the name of this one tv series I saw a long time ago, I think it was a series anyway, it might possibly have been a movie. And I want to ask about it and then I thought,  who better to ask than the fine folks at Bay 12?!  :D And I then I thought why not make a entire thread dedicated to this kind of forgot the name since there doesn't seem to be one!  :D  Mmm, all my sentences seem slightly off for some reason.

Anyway, right the series whose name I can't remember. I think it is at least 10 years old, was animated, it was this like big single biome ocean planet with islands that all had like this different kind of peoples. I think the one group were these hairy cave yeti type people things. And the main character was like this mermaid princess girl thing or something. Oh yeah and the plot was like the races had to unite together or something. I dunno, I don't remember much, but I think the leader of the hairy yeti people might have had a glowy staff. It was a children's series if I remember correctly. Thanks in advance! :D
« Last Edit: March 29, 2010, 12:05:23 pm by Demonic Spoon »

fenrif

• Bay Watcher
  • Dare to be stupid.
    • View Profile
Re: Forgot the name of the movie/series/video I saw on youtube.
« Reply #1 on: March 29, 2010, 11:15:24 am »

The only cartoon i can think of thats got an ocean planet thing going on is pirates of darkwater, and that sounds nothing like what you described. So i have absolutely no idea  ???

Demonic Spoon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 29, 2010, 11:22:28 am »

No, that isn't it no, thanks though. And oh my, really old cartoons were rather corny weren't they?

Heron TSG

• Bay Watcher
  • The Seal Goddess
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 29, 2010, 11:27:23 am »

Was it some wacky cartoon based off of the Earthsea books?

Est Sularus Oth Mithas
The Artist Formerly Known as Barbarossa TSG

Demonic Spoon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 29, 2010, 11:33:52 am »

Well I really  don't know anything about the Earthsea books so I couldn't say, at I guess I would think, no, though.

EDIT: After reading about Earthsea on wiikipedia it seems it is definitely not that since that seems to mostly revolve around humans and their various doings. I'm not even sure if there were humans in the series we are trying to identify.

EDIT 2: Another blast form the past when I was looking through the listed users of the single biome planet trope on tvtropes. Shadow raiders! :D :
http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/ShadowRaiders?from=Main.WarPlanets
Also, reboot, mmm, to mend and defend! :D Still no sign of the mysterious series though.
« Last Edit: March 29, 2010, 12:00:39 pm by Demonic Spoon »